Thread: is it possible to download Nintendo Wii Action replay?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default is it possible to download Nintendo Wii Action replay?

i have seen them in stores recently and was wondering if its possible to download it, or if i buy it will it work on a modded wii?

how can i download it/use it if yes

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by luffy4 View Post
    i have seen them in stores recently and was wondering if its possible to download it, or if i buy it will it work on a modded wii?

how can i download it/use it if yes
    As far as I know there is no available resource to download this from. It needs to be purchased.

I'm assuming your talking about this- http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/W..._EF000740.aspx

If it is the one you've seen in stores just think of it as a Gameshark for your Wii. It basically allows you to use cheats and also has some other cool features.

Here's a good video kind of explaining all it can do- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaYXhg9EfUo

But since you have a modded Wii you could use a program for the Wii called Ocarina. Does basically the same thing as it allows you to use cheats.
    Last edited by _User_; 12th-December-2012 at 05:17.

Thanks
    EP Points

I know what AR does, else i wouldnt ahve asked lol, but no that is not the one i speak of, that one is for save files, the one i want is for codes, it is LIKE Ocarina, only better/differnet codes

Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Wii has no Action Replay cheat system that I know of

There is only an Action Replay that is compatible with the Wii but is for GameCube cheats not Wii cheats

The above you can download though, the best version can be installed as a channel as well but to be honest the Ocarina mod works a lot better

neither us.codejunkies.com or uk.codejunkies.com have any codes for the Wii both just have saves, that just backs up that there is no cheat codes systems for the Wii under the name Action Replay as codejunkies are the official venders of Action Replay products (GameShark is just the us version also by codejunkies but the us portal) more recently all devices are now under the Action Replay name, both US and EU versions (they are all Datel products originally)

Seems that official Action Replay Cheat code systems have gone and have left us with cheat saves instead, that kinda sucks

http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/G..._EF000194.aspx
    http://uk.codejunkies.com/Products/G..._EF000195.aspx

these are the only cheat systems that work on the Wii under the name Action Replay but they are for GameCube cheating not Wii cheating
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-December-2012 at 22:54.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

it just came out a few months ago http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Datel-Action-...item3a789eedfc tis is it

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I would hang fire and see if it's real seen as the official datel product pages being codejunkies do not have this product

But the question at hand yes you would be able to run a backup of it from HDD but I wouldn't know if you would be able to play HDD stored games with it, more than like not. (that is if it is a Wii disc and not just a PC disc and SD card for Wii saves, hacked up (this has been called codes even though there is no way to put codes into the game directly via saves not the way you think of action replay codes anyway))

I have lost faith in datel/codejunkies now for a while now too many let downs, too many say they are code devices and end up being save devices that have nothing to do with code hacking (from Xbox 1 and up are like that)

I used them more for my own hacking with there built in trainers/search engine that stopped at PSX (even for the last device with cheat searching being the back port Action Replay 3.xx/Game Shark 3.xx that also lied about it's features, think it was video playback that was indeed missing from that device, even featured this on a VHS tape you got with it) since then it's been codes only then saves only

On the upside though there are some great 3rd party cheat/trainer engines

EDIT: Done some diging it does look like it is an updated Powersaves device not a cheat codes device. I can't be sure as to what it is though without actually buying the thing myself... Not going to happen

http://www.amazon.com/Action-Replay-...qid=1355864356
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Datel-Action...qid=1355864190
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-December-2012 at 21:08.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

those two links you sent are for the game save thing lol, the one i sent you is aparently or codes, if you look closely it even has a little flap that flips out to reveal a USB connector connected right to the device to update codes, that and it says "inf ammo etc..." cant do that with saves

this is the new one

http://www.365games.co.uk/wii-access...replay-for-wii

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by luffy4 View Post
    those two links you sent are for the game save thing lol, the one i sent you is aparently or codes, if you look closely it even has a little flap that flips out to reveal a USB connector connected right to the device to update codes, that and it says "inf ammo etc..." cant do that with saves

this is the new one

http://www.365games.co.uk/wii-access...replay-for-wii
    both the links I gave also have the cover of the Action Replay Wii as well as the Powersaves thing and claims it is a codes device, infact has the exact same description as the the link you gave (they do have a typo in there though I noticed), that hints on it being the same thing, until there is official info on the device and a dump done of the disc I can't confirm or disprove a thing (info alone will not cut it as like I said even when datel do give out info it is often not totally correct nowerdays)

EDIT:- I did find the official code list thought for the Wii Action Replay but do find it odd that the same official site have 0 info on the action replay itself for the Wii

http://wiiar.com/download/all/actionreplay.zip [linked from Codejunkies]

But if you go to the same site the codes are hosted at http://wiiar.com there seems to be limited info there

And by the looks of it you would need to buy the thing to get your Licence Key to use it, like most the cheat devices for saves aswell on the newer consoles

So yes if it is disc based you may be able to use it from a backup or from HDD, possibly just with disc games though, but to activate it you will need an original copy/code

P.S. the code list is somewhat short 161 games between PAL and NTSC so it's possibly more like 80 to 81 games per region I have about 1000 games on a single HDD and plenty more I have yet to have on the HDD all NTSC region but Gecko codes have apx 500 for just NTSC:U games the codes are unfortionatly in a totally different format aswell so until the differences are figured out you would be stuck with the limited codes that are available with the device.

Now I have finally found a lil info on the new Wii Action Replay I can't see me being able to give you any more info than what I just have, not without actually having the device itself or at least a dump to see how far you can go without a licence for it, I have a strong feeling though that you will need a wii online to just be able to use it that should be a big deal for most users but not everyone has there wii setup to be able to go online, I know I just hacked a Wii for a friend and they don't even have a land line internet, only those silly mobile internet dongle things (I wouldn't touch one those myself)

EDIT:- Codes are not as different as I though I could convert a few of those a bit of a faf on but doable, still a hell of a lot more codes than the Action Replay including more codes per game than the Action Replay

Buying the device yes there is no reason it will not work on a modded Wii, none whats so ever, but it will not work with HDD games, not without a hacked version of the prog to read from another source than the DVD drive, there also do not seem to be any codes for virtual console or other DLC games so it looks like it's for disc retail games only.

A downloaded copy would also work but you will still need to buy it aswell.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-December-2012 at 16:07.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]