Thread: 3DS Emulator?

Thanks

Default 3DS Emulator?

I have recently seen videos of people on Youtube who were able to run different 3DS games on a 3DS Emulator, and one of which mentioned that the Emulator is still in beta form here: ------/.

I want to check it out myself but what is the general consensus on the Emulator thus far and the games which it can run?

My system properties are these:

Win 7(64bit)
    Intel Duo Processor 2.20 GHz
    4GB of memory
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 10th-December-2012 at 16:31. Reason: link removed
    Strudels, a phyllo pastry.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

3DS games can't be played with any emulator, they haven't even been decrypted...

Please, don't link to suspicious sites like that, they may contain malware.

Moved to Everything Emulation.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 10th-December-2012 at 16:45.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Fakers

Currently there is no way to play 3DS dumped games not even on a 3DS

Only DS side software can be emulated on PC and played on a 3DS via a fash kit (DSi I'm not so sure of I know you can use a flash kit to play DSi exclusives but most kits can't)

I try not to say never but I can't see there being any REAL development for 3DS software for a while yet

For a short while there was news of a 3DS flash kit for 3DS software but they have now vanished, it was called "Crown" why they vanished... no idea I couldn't even tell if the development was real or fake, but the way they vanished can be taken as 1 of 2 things,
    1 It was a fake and they gave up the pretence.
    2 Nintendo got to them.

It realy doesn't matter what anyone thinks though it's gone now.

Bottom line Nintendo are keeping a close eye on there newer systems, can't blame them realy.. too much downloading and hacking of new systems before they realy get a chance.

I do fully support emulating but in a way I beleive it would work better if it was for older / last gen systems backover (xbox PS2 DS and backover... PSP aswell possibly now with the Vita and Wii at a push, but both the PSP and Wii are realy just last gen consoles)

Personly I think all old system games that are no longer being sold for that system should become freeware instead of re-emulated in pay for DLC style downloads or at the very least offered at next to nothing like 9p per NES game and up to lets say PS2 games for cheap, remakes I can understand

What realy gets me steamed though is backwards compat not so much Nintendo they tend to be the best for it, but PS3 has compat for PS2 and PSX but only if you buy the games again as newer PS3 consoles will not recognise original PSX or PS2 discs

End rant before I get too carried away and off subject
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-December-2012 at 18:38.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

actually all PS3 will play PSX game discs, just not PS2, i play MML on my PS3 slim all the time, and legend dragoon

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by luffy4 View Post
    actually all PS3 will play PSX game discs, just not PS2, i play MML on my PS3 slim all the time, and legend dragoon
    Are you sure? I thought they got rid of all backwards compatibility to force people to buy the overpriced games from PSN.

"When government surveillance and intimidation is called "freedom from terrorism" or "liberation from crime", freedom and liberty have become words without meanings."
    ~ Chad Dumier, "Deus Ex"

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

They did, not long after release aswell and I mentioned PSX aswell as PS2 anyway I did test both
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-December-2012 at 20:33.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by luffy4 View Post
    This. Unless they changed it on the newer super slim. I played FF Tactics just fine on a 160gb slim.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's not every model and not even all the bulky ones can play PSX, mine is a slim though with the larger HDD and no PSX disc compat only DLC PSX (It's not a newer super slim either)

Do not expect every PS3 to be able to play PSX just because someone elses does

Mine is also a PAL machine if that makes any difference

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Well I don't know what to say. Everything I've found so far says all PS3's can play the psx discs for one exception being a list which was like 5 years old excluding a couple of pal machines so maybe it is because you have a pal There's a plethora of info for PS2 games but surprisingly very little hard info for playing psone on which systems.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Well I don't know what to say. Everything I've found so far says all PS3's can play the psx discs for one exception being a list which was like 5 years old excluding a couple of pal machines so maybe it is because you have a pal There's a plethora of info for PS2 games but surprisingly very little hard info for playing psone on which systems.
    Links?

"When government surveillance and intimidation is called "freedom from terrorism" or "liberation from crime", freedom and liberty have become words without meanings."
    ~ Chad Dumier, "Deus Ex"

Thanks

I figure if I continue to cry HARD enough, the 3DS emulator(s) will come along soon....

.....right ? ......

Thanks
    EP Points

I doubt there will be a 3DS emulator for a very long time. With gaming devices becoming more powerful, it will take more computer power and research to emulate them. Look at the xbox 360, its been out since 2005, and still no emulator for it has emerged. Also, the there is no good emulator for the xbox. The PS3 is just beginning to become emulated, but how long before it can play commerical games? It will probably be a long time before it is stable. Look at how long it took for PS2 emulation to become mature, and even then you need a fairly good comp to run it. According to the Churhc Turning Thesis or whatever its called, anything can be emulated within time, but with more powerful systems, you'll need even more time to emulate them.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by [toj.cc]Phantom View Post
    Links?

My history gets cleared when I close my browser, but I did find one of them again.

http://community.us.playstation.com/.../td-p/30969551

Like I said though it's nothing concrete but I assume most of these guys have some idea of what they're talking about.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This has gone way off subject so closed from now on

Back to the subject though, no there are no 3DS emulators unfortionatly

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]