Thread: ISO with my PS1

Thanks

Question ISO with my PS1

After I download the ISO for ps1 games and burn it into a cd, can i play it directly to my PS1???

Hope Someone can Help me

Thanks
    Blog Entries

No, you ned a mod chip to do it, and make sure you burned it right after you extracted it. Its a lot simpler to just play the iso on psxfin on your computer, just have a controller for it.
    STOP THE MADDENESS, STOP BUYING SPORTS GAMES!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 166 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by williamjones View Post
    No, you ned a mod chip to do it, and make sure you burned it right after you extracted it. Its a lot simpler to just play the iso on psxfin on your computer, just have a controller for it.
    I find ePSXe to be much better than psxfin. psxfin does not all the time bypass anti-piracy measures. ePSXe 1.8.0 is the way to go. I do offer PS1 modchip's and installation services if you'd like to buy a chip or have one installed.
    There's the swap trick as well but it wears out the motor and rendering it useless after a while and i wouldn't recommend it.
    Last edited by xEx0diUsx; 7th-December-2012 at 16:55.

I notice my uploads are taken down, i am the the process of reuploading
    If you like any of my uploads, be sure to hit the "Thanks" button
    Every month i try to add new games. For my list of uploads, check out here
    Need your console modded?, check out my store here

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by xEx0diUsx View Post
    There's the swap trick as well but it wears out the motor and rendering it useless after a while and i wouldn't recommend it.
    Even if it didn't harm the motor, alot of people can get away with it without harm, be even so alot of games will not work that way because of TOC issues specially those games that use CDDA tracks, you will also have issues with copy protected games and multi disc games like Metal Gear Solid are going to be even more difficult to boot the second disc when required

This also includes the back port mod (basicly lets you do a swap trick without needing to change discs while they spin but the same issues do happen with that aswell)

Best way is a mod chip for PSX and PSone systems

PS2 there is a safe swap trick (soft mod required plus homebrew PSX launcher), that basicly works as above, it's safe because the drive does not constantly spin while swapping original for copy

PSP is even cooler, a softmod is recomended but that lil sucker once you convert a PSX iso to an eBoot (PSP version of an exe file basicly) then the games will just run most the time (odd time you may need to change what version of pops it uses)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-December-2012 at 19:56.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 166 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Even if it didn't harm the motor, alot of people can get away with it without harm, be even so alot of games will not work that way because of TOC issues specially those games that use CDDA tracks, you will also have issues with copy protected games and multi disc games like Metal Gear Solid are going to be even more difficult to boot the second disc when required

This also includes the back port mod (basicly lets you do a swap trick without needing to change discs while they spin but the same issues do happen with that aswell)

Best way is a mod chip for PSX and PSone systems

PS2 there is a safe swap trick (soft mod required plus homebrew PSX launcher), that basicly works as above, it's safe because the drive does not constantly spin while swapping original for copy

PSP is even cooler, a softmod is recomended but that lil sucker once you convert a PSX iso to an eBoot (PSP version of an exe file basicly) then the games will just run most the time (odd time you may need to change what version of pops it uses)
    I couldn't agree anymore with what you said. The days of playing ff7 on PSP CFW 3.10 OE-A were amazing. Hopefully the VITA hacking community will have more to offer like it did for the PSP

I notice my uploads are taken down, i am the the process of reuploading
    If you like any of my uploads, be sure to hit the "Thanks" button
    Every month i try to add new games. For my list of uploads, check out here
    Need your console modded?, check out my store here

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zer0-2k11 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yes you can. How? Install a mod chip. My question to you is: Why the hell would you won't to do this? It's almost 2013. Throw that piece of junk out and download an emulator.
    Last edited by Retrostyle; 28th-December-2012 at 20:30.