Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Milady With Her New PSP~

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Does sleeping the PSP remove the hack?
    Nope. That'd be a bit silly if it did, tbh. Technologically it makes no sense, because the volatile memory isn't wiped during sleep mode. Also, intuitively it makes none because you could be running something that requires CFW when it goes to sleep, meaning there would be a pretty awkward conflict to resolve when it wakes up.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Does sleeping the PSP remove the hack?
    Nope. Only a full shutoff or dead battery will cause you to have to run ProRecovery.

Edit: what he said

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    Nope. That'd be a bit silly if it did, tbh. Technologically it makes no sense, because the volatile memory isn't wiped during sleep mode. Also, intuitively it makes none because you could be running something that requires CFW when it goes to sleep, meaning there would be a pretty awkward conflict to resolve when it wakes up.
    Just asking. Jeez, Mr. Tech.
    If that was the answer, I was going to say that I had my PSP sleep everyday I used it for the year I was interested. Didn't turn it off once I'll bet.

Thanks
    EP Points

My answer was nicer

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    Seconded all the people saying Fast Recovery makes the dropping CFW a non-issue. Using a lower version CFW that's permanent is actually a bit more of a pain anyway, since you'll have to jump through hoops to get certain games that require newer firmware to play. Granted, it usually won't be many hoops, but it's still more hoops than just always running the Fast Recovery program after booting up.
    I still remember a couple years ago when OFW 5.50 was released whenever a new game was out you had to find the latest hombrew game decrypter to get the game to work.
    And if the hombrew couldn't do it for you you had to use UMDGen or some other program (Rose something I think Idk can't remember) to to swap out the EBOOT.bin with the decrypted one and recompile the ISO.

Then there were the flame wars over M33 and GEN CFW And finally the Prometheus patches and various other .prx plugins that put an end to it.

I stuck with 5.00 M33-6 Prometheus 2 by that time. Even though the Prometheus patch made me lose most of IRShells functions like USBHostfs and NetHostfs. Because intalling the Prometheus patch and then the IRShell patch or vice-versa would cause a semi-brick.
    Last edited by _User_; 4th-December-2012 at 05:53.

Thanks
    EP Points

You guys are so cool~

I thought returning to the CFW after it's dropped would be more obnoxious than it sounds, so thanks for clearing that up. I suppose I'll probably sleep it most of the time, but when I'm working three nights in a row like this week I imagine it'll die or I'll shut it off.

Should be delivered at some point today. Still working another few hours though and dying to get some sleep, so I may or may not get it set up today.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by _User_ View Post
    I still remember a couple years ago when OFW 5.50 was released whenever a new game was out you had to find the latest hombrew game decrypter to get the game to work.
    And if the hombrew couldn't do it for you you had to use UMDGen or some other program (Rose something I think Idk can't remember) to to swap out the EBOOT.bin with the decrypted one and recompile the ISO.
    Yeah sonny? Back in MY day we barely had CFW; we had motherboard specific downgraders and 2.71 firmwares! And we LIKED it! :p

To Milady;

Congratulations on picking up a PSP as it really is a wonderful device, particularly for emulation. It should be noted however that there are now signed emulators that will run whether or not you're in custom firmware mode, if that happens to interest you.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    Yeah sonny? Back in MY day we barely had CFW; we had motherboard specific downgraders and 2.71 firmwares! And we LIKED it! :p
    Back in my day we were lucky to have a pocket calculator I was very lucky all spung had was an Abacus

please try and keep on subject guys n' girls no one is realy interested here about older firmwares that I might add can't even be used on the 3000 series PSP
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-December-2012 at 20:35.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

At work now, but the UPS man decided to finally deliver the PSP about twenty minutes before I had to leave. Just had a chance to check the OFW version now. Looks like it's 6.60, so hopefully I can get the CFW set up before I go to bed this morning, work again tonight, and then start downlaodin' some gaemz when I get off Thursday morning.

I was expecting it to be a little heavier than it is. And I think I'll have to see if I can't dig up a screen protector some where in town. Hate paying shipping for a little piece of plastic.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, getting a screen protector would be a good idea. Got one for mine the day I bought the PSP, didn't regret it.

Also, I'm just curious about something once you have time to open it up: is the charger cable that came in your box as laughably short as it is for me? The cable I got is actually so short that it makes playing while charging a huge pain in the ass, so I never even bothered.

Not to mention it doesn't even plug into the back of the machine like with the DS, but to the front, right below the buttons, just to make holding it while charging even more uncomfortable. Oh, Sony.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'll have to look at the charger when I get home. I did notice that it's one of those two piece deals with the transformer as part of the adapter, but I didn't unwrap it to find out. I guess it did seem small though, so I won't be surprised if it's ridiculously short.

Can't be worse than the stupid cord that came with my tablet though. I swear that thing is only like a foot long.

Thanks
    EP Points

So I've managed to get it up and running, thank you guys for all your help and suggestions. Running the latest version of that PRO CFW, and so far have successfully managed to acquire two PSP .isos and a PSX eboot. I have a few other things queued up in JDownloader thanks to Ragnar, and I think he's going to get sick of seeing thanked posts from me over the next few days now that I'm finally off and have a chance to get some "work" done.

And Gare, it seems that my AC adapter is much longer than I had anticipated. I'm actually able to lie comfortably in bed with it plugged up, if necessary, at the outlet is perhaps half a foot or so away from the foot of my bed? Maybe five feet taking the diagonal angle into account? In any case, about as long as the adapter to my netbook.

Went to a couple of places to find a screen protector and maybe a little sleeve and could only find Vita things. Refused to pay ten bucks for a piece of plastic (two, actually) that I'd have to cut in order for them to fit properly.

And those little Sony Pro Duo cards are expensive! When I ordered the PSP I grabbed a little Pro Duo to Micro SD adapter, and got a little 32GB, class 4 SD card for about the same price that you can apparently pay for 4-8 gigs of the official memory. I was a little concerned that the read/write speed would be effected by the adapater, but it seems to function perfectly. The adapter also has two slots, so if I need more space I can slide another little card in there without having to worry about switching back and forth~

I was going to set up Remote Play with my PS3, not because I'd ever actually use it but just so when you scroll past that option it doesn't look incomplete. I couldn't actually get it to work, but at least my PS3's name shows up now instead of a blank space.

///double post bigahhh

Thanks
    EP Points

Here's a question for you guys: is there any way to sort your games and such on the XMB? I'm a very alphabetical type person and it's driving me mental having everything show up according to the time I placed it on the card. I tried this PSP Content Manager v1.8, but even sorting and then choosing "apply sort" doesn't transfer the changes over to the PSP.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post
    Here's a question for you guys: is there any way to sort your games and such on the XMB? I'm a very alphabetical type person and it's driving me mental having everything show up according to the time I placed it on the card. I tried this PSP Content Manager v1.8, but even sorting and then choosing "apply sort" doesn't transfer the changes over to the PSP.
    Well I used a plugin called "Game Categories" to make separate folders for my PSP games, PS1 games, Emulators, Homebrew and what not. And then used a Homebrew app called "HomeBrew Sorter GUI beta 4" to sort them alphabetically in each folder and it worked for me.
    Last edited by _User_; 9th-December-2012 at 03:50.

Thanks
    EP Points

Out of curiosity, do you need to run those from your PC or your PSP?