Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help Milady With Her New PSP~

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you need to run those from your PC or your PSP?
    Well HomeBrew Sorter GUI beta 4 is a EBOOT app that you put in your GAME folder and run from your PSP.

Game Categories is what is called a PSP plugin. Plugins are programs that add more fuctionality to your PSP. It is different in the sense that you don't exactly run it like you would an EBOOT app. It's more of a program that when enabled is running in the backround on your PSP. Also the installation method is different.

If you would like I could type a quick tut explaining how to install the Game Categories plugin. If so though I would need to know what firmware you are running. I haven't kept up with the latest CFW releases so I'm not really sure what the latest PRO release is up to now.

Here is a example of Game Categories and what it can do. This version probably isn't compatible with you CFW so I wouldn't download it but it's a good example none the less.

Spoiler warning:
    Last edited by _User_; 9th-December-2012 at 06:38.

Thanks
    EP Points

No worries, with the names of the programs and a bit of Google-fu, I'm sure I can work it out for myself. Thanks so much~!

EDIT: Just gave Homebrew Sorter a try, and that's good enough for me. No need for a bunch of different folders, just wanted a little more organization when it came to the games themselves. I don't really need any more added functionality than that.

EDIT EDIT: And I just tried to leave you a rep comment, but got cut off after the first word. Was going to say that I've appreciate all of your help (and a couple of your uploads, too~)
    Last edited by Milady; 9th-December-2012 at 08:02.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Tools of interest if you do not already have them

PSP ISO Compresser v1.4 & UMDGen v4.00

These are both usefull tools

the first is handy for games that come compressed in CSO format or other formats, that some users may find some games lag or fail to load or had slow loading and get unstable, this is usually just because a game is compressed to much and has effected the load times

the second tool can be used to modify a UMD iso to make it smaller modify a game

both are found in the files and links sticky

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/ is just a great place for homebrew news, on the left of the site after a bit of scrolling is a huge list of emulators for PSP, unfortionatly the other homebrew isn't listed as nice, but most the stuff of interest would be ports ect... like PC Doom files run on PSP asides from that it would be apps like the above has mentioned

P.P.S. it may be worth grabbing a cheat engine though for the PSP, the one I use atleast will work with both PSX and PSP software aswell as homebrew, though I am not a big cheater, I do sometimes get fed up of playing a game but still want to complete it but without as much hassle so thats when cheating comes in handy, otherwise neh I'm more a pure gamer even on replay unless there is something that can be unlocked just by cheats like a debug menu or extra level content/items that got taken out of game

Sorry not had much time to post in this thread, though I see you got plenty of help anyway

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    P.P.S. it may be worth grabbing a cheat engine though for the PSP, the one I use atleast will work with both PSX and PSP software aswell as homebrew, though I am not a big cheater, I do sometimes get fed up of playing a game but still want to complete it but without as much hassle so thats when cheating comes in handy, otherwise neh I'm more a pure gamer even on replay unless there is something that can be unlocked just by cheats like a debug menu or extra level content/items that got taken out of game

Sorry not had much time to post in this thread, though I see you got plenty of help anyway
    And on this note, I would recommend TempAR over cwcheats. The Interface is much nicer and more legible. And the codes are easier to put in.
    However it doesn't work very well for PSX games, but who needs cheats on those anyway.