Thread: CD play without convert to dvd?

Thanks

Default CD play without convert to dvd?

so there is no way that esr can play cd games unless u convert them to dvd? i have mcboot 1.8 and i cant play cds and i dont want to do the convert method cause i read some game don't work with the convert...

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

If you want to play CD games with FMCB you can just load Cogswap onto your memory card too. It's a tiny executable, so it's fine to toss in even if you rarely use it. You can use it to easily swap CD games. But usage obviously requires you to own one legit CD game, and have a slide card (fat) or tissue/tape (slim) modded PS2.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

my ps2 is sensor modded so its ok..sorry for my bad english..you said that i must have at least one legit cd to do this trick and put the cogswap elf onto the memory folder...so the best method is cogswap thank you very much i'll test it and i'll tell the results

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What game out of interest

It may be one of the tested games, if it's been tested by me and it worked I have kits to do most of the converting for you, I just havn't started to upload those yet

ESR compat list WIP

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

games like
    pro evolution soccer 1 (europe)
    rez
    street fighter ex3
    (for example)

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

From the example i have only done Rez that does not need any patching at all, if you do patch it will no longer work

I will upload a very small kit, all you do is extract the contents of the CD/CD image to a folder (ISObuster can do that or you can mount the CD image and get the files that way) and extract the contents of my kit the dummy.zip and iml2iso all attached to the same folder, and use iml2iso with the Rez.iml file

P.S. the kit is for the US release

My kits are not fully sorted hence why there are 3 files that make the kit up, the kits files the iml2iso file and the dummy file

At the moment I am doing more on the xbox than the PS2 mostly because I have most of the US xbox set downloaded and downloading the rest while I am doing my tests plus games run better on the xbox than the PS2 (I do still use PS2 pads on my xbox though via an adaptor), I hardly have any PS2 games though in comparison and I'm in the middle of sorting my HDD's out before I fill any of them, I will get back to my PS2 tests eventually though.

I do CD to DVD for ESR use myself for a full list of tested games look at http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?80824, if you wish to add to that list see my sig

Also on the above list are notes if a game is CD to DVD converted, most of the ones I done I have kits/notes made up to make the process easy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-November-2012 at 22:50.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR