Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What used PSP model should I get that can still be softmodded?

Thanks

Default What used PSP model should I get that can still be softmodded?

I had a PSP a few years ago, but at the time it couldn't be softmodded. I would like to possibly get another PSP or DS that can be softmodded. Thanks.

Thanks
    EP Points

I just bought a PSPGo N-1001, and it took the CFW fine

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sprung For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Right, just get the cheap one. The model number no longer matters at this point since CFW can be put on all of them. The only problem is that 'some' must have the CFW re-loaded each time you cold-boot (sleeping doesn't affect it afaik), but that only takes literally 5 seconds to do. Those include a few 2000's, all 3000's and the Go's.

5 extra seconds each time you pick it up isn't a bad deal at all, so get the cheap one.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzmarazz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 166 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by bonemanager View Post
    I had a PSP a few years ago, but at the time it couldn't be softmodded. I would like to possibly get another PSP or DS that can be softmodded. Thanks.
    The PSP model i find is the best for CFW, is the PSP-1001 (Phat). If my memory serves me correctly if it somehow ends up being bricked from installing the CFW (Very slim to none chance) you dont need to buy a special battery to unbrick it or downgrade.
    Last edited by Zer0-2k11; 14th-November-2012 at 00:51.

I notice my uploads are taken down, i am the the process of reuploading
    If you like any of my uploads, be sure to hit the "Thanks" button
    Every month i try to add new games. For my list of uploads, check out here
    Need your console modded?, check out my store here

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zer0-2k11 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks, guys! Hey, as long as you're here... what's the best guide to get this done after I buy my PSP tomorrow?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 166 Posts
    EP Points

Thanks, guys! Hey, as long as you're here... what's the best guide to get this done after I buy my PSP tomorrow?
    Here you go. Simple and easy.

*Note* That was a bad guide. this ones better... make sure you update to Official Firmware 6.60 first, as it could brick your psp if you dont. Read the description box for more info
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFI2O...feature=fvwrel
    Last edited by Zer0-2k11; 14th-November-2012 at 01:21.

I notice my uploads are taken down, i am the the process of reuploading
    If you like any of my uploads, be sure to hit the "Thanks" button
    Every month i try to add new games. For my list of uploads, check out here
    Need your console modded?, check out my store here

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zer0-2k11 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

This tutorial is the one I followed. First upgrade your PSP to the official firmware 6.60 by selecting System upgrade on the PSP. Then scroll down to the part of the tutorial that begins "For 6.60"...

It's incredibly easy.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sprung For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    This tutorial is the one I followed. First upgrade your PSP to the official firmware 6.60 by selecting System upgrade on the PSP. Then scroll down to the part of the tutorial that begins "For 6.60"...

It's incredibly easy.
    I got a PSP Go with 6.60 firmware. I followed the directions on that website. But, what now?

Thanks for being nice to me.
    Last edited by bonemanager; 14th-November-2012 at 23:28.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So I am guessing you have custom firmware now, then all you do is copy PSP games to the ISO folder and homebrew and PSone eBoots to the \PSP\GAME folder (homebrew and PSX eBoots will be in a sub folder in GAME)

Homebrew does include emulators

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/ has a huge list of emulators just under the "Latest Import PSP Games" list on the left side
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-November-2012 at 23:59.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I got a PSP Go with 6.60 firmware. I followed the directions on that website. But, what now?

Thanks for being nice to me.
    You're all set then. Follow the instructions Zorlon posted, and start playing

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sprung For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Just a note, although you'll find copies of Snes9x for the PSP called Snes9x Euphoria which seem to be newer, from my experience they're buggy as shit and not worth the slight speed boost on a handful of games. Your best bet for snes emulation is going to be Snes9xTYL. Unfortunately I'm not sure this is always made clear as the "developer" of the Euphoria series seems pretty full of himself, as his releases get worse and more buggy over time.

*this has been a public service announcement*
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MaslowK For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have a 3000 and a GO and I prefer the GO by far. 16GB internal memory and that slick sparkly white finish (I'm a dude and I don't care.)

The only downside is (not for me, as a 3000 can't be permanently modded either,) that you'll have to do the quick boot of the CFW whic takes 10-15 seconds, not enough for me to care. Enjoy the psp!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to DylanD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DylanD View Post
    I have a 3000 and a GO and I prefer the GO by far. 16GB internal memory and that slick sparkly white finish (I'm a dude and I don't care.)

The only downside is (not for me, as a 3000 can't be permanently modded either,) that you'll have to do the quick boot of the CFW whic takes 10-15 seconds, not enough for me to care. Enjoy the psp!
    This isn't really a thread for arguing the pros/cons, but I prefer the 1000. I have large hands and the others are just too small. With the thicker edge, I am able to more comfortable grip it for extended periods of time. The Go is well out of the question for me.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzmarazz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    So I am guessing you have custom firmware now, then all you do is copy PSP games to the ISO folder and homebrew and PSone eBoots to the \PSP\GAME folder (homebrew and PSX eBoots will be in a sub folder in GAME)

Homebrew does include emulators

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/ has a huge list of emulators just under the "Latest Import PSP Games" list on the left side
    Emulators are being a pain in the ass. What are the best ones for NES, SNES, GB/GBC/GBA, N64, and PSX?

Can you download PSN versions of PS1 classics? Is it better or worse than using a PSX emulator?

PSP games I put in the GAME folder are showing up as corrupted data. Why? Hmph.

Thank you for being nice to me.
    Last edited by bonemanager; 15th-November-2012 at 07:34.

Thanks
    EP Points

Emulators are being a pain in the ass. What are the best ones for NES, SNES, GB/GBC/GBA, N64, and PSX?

Can you download PSN versions of PS1 classics? Is it better or worse than using a PSX emulator?

PSP games I put in the GAME folder are showing up as corrupted data. Why? Hmph.

Thank you for being nice to me.
    Okay, here we go;

NES: NesterJ - http://dl.qj.net/psp/emulators/nesterj-112-rx.html

SNES: Snes9xTYL - http://dl.qj.net/psp/emulators/snes9xtyl.html

GB/GBC: Rin V1.32 - http://dl.qj.net/psp/emulators/unoff...-mirror-m.html

GBA: gpSP - http://dl.qj.net/psp/emulators/gpsp-j-100429.html. Keep in mind this emulator requires the GBA bios to work, which you can find here; http://www.emuparadise.me/biosfiles/gbabios.rar. Extract the archive, make sure the file is named gba_bios.bin (I believe?), and stick it either in the emulators folder, or right on the root of your memory stick.

N64: Daedalus - http://dl.qj.net/psp/emulators/daedalusx64-r777.html (isn't perfect last I heard)

PSX: The PSP has its own built-in PS1 emulation capabilities, through whats called PopStation. Games have to be converted to eboot format for them to work, and different games require different versions of pops (the different versions included on different official firmwares). You can use a plugin called popsloader to choose the appropriate pops version on a game to game basis. Here's a list of what games need what pops; http://psxeboots.com/pops-compatibility-list. Also, here's a guide on installing and using popsloader itself; http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...pport-for-6-60

As for actual PSP game backups (.iso's and .cso's), you need to stick them in a folder called ISO on the root of your memory stick, NOT in the same GAME folder as your eboots (emulators etc). If the game doesn't load the first time you try loading it from the Game tab, press the Select button to bring up the VSH menu, and change the UMD ISO MODE option to a different option than what its on and try again.

You're welcome
    Last edited by MaslowK; 15th-November-2012 at 08:12.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

26. The Following User Says Thank You to MaslowK For This Useful Post: