Thread: Can't run X-men

Thanks

Default Can't run X-men

Hi,

I'm trying to run X-men on MAME 0.147 64 bit version I believe. I'm trying the 4 player ver UBB version of the game. When I try to run it, it says it is "missing one or more ROM or CHD images" and won't start. Does anyone know why it's not working or are there any of the other versions of X-men on the site that will work? I don't really care which version it is or how many players, I just want to play the game (preferably the US version tho lol)

wow, now TMNT US version and The Simpsons (2 player world set 1, I think this is the regular US version???) are saying the same thing, why won't any of these work??? Donkey Kong and Pong worked just fine

ok the 4 player version of Simpsons worked but TMNT and X-Men still don't. Idk why the 2 player version wasn't working anyway though...
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-November-2012 at 21:55.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Please do not multi post just use edit if you wish to add more information

Do audit your roms though and make sure you have the correct set for both the master rom set and the 4 player rom sets

TMNT 1 and 2 4 player works fine as does the X-Men but you do need to have the full set of roms for both the master rom and the 4 player version of the rom if the 4 player version is not the master rom itself

The reason it is not working is because you have an outdated rom set so you need to update the rom set or grab an older version of the emulator

you could also try something like Final Burn Alpha
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-November-2012 at 21:58.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Ok sorry, this is the first time I've used this forum, I will use edit in the future. I don't know what auditing the roms is or how to do it. I also don't know what the master rom is or how to get them

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

its something you can do when in the main gui of MAMEui it's in one of the top drop down menu options it's been a few years since I bothered using mame

first select the game you wish to audit then dig round the drop down menus it should be there, it may even be then on a right click of the game aswell

the master rom is the main rom that the game uses the other roms (oftem regional differences or versions) are sub roms and only have part of the game roms in it the rest of the roms are in the master rom

Mameui will list the games with the master rom first then usually other regional releases are listed after that those are sub roms that use a seperate rom set plus roms from the master rom, but the master rom only uses roms from itself.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

ok so is it like that on the emuparadise download pages? the master ROM is the first one listed?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No idea about our pages, last time I emulated using mame we didn't have a mame rom set

If you did get your roms from here though check and see what version of mame they are ment for, we usually have a recomended emulators list aswell that should have the relevent version of mame for that set aswell

The biggest problem with Mame is that there sets get changed with every release of mame so alot of roms will just stop working because they are dumped again from the original hardware.

I would even guess if I was to use my old sets I would find that almost none of my previous working games would not be working because the rom sets had changed

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

ok thanks for the info, I'll try to figure it out