Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Better Emulator For NEO GEO Than Kawaks?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sounds like you got old version before for Mame but still should of worked fine

For console emulation I would be looking at

ZSNES or SNES9X for Super Nintendo www.zsnes.com or www.snes9x.com/
    PJ64 for Nintendo 64 http://www.pj64-emu.com/
    Dolphin for GameCube and Wii www.dolphin-emulator.com/

Kega Fusion for Megadrive/Genesis - 32X - Sega/Mega CD - Sega/Mega CD-32X - Mastersystem - GameGear http://www.eidolons-inn.net/tiki-index.php?page=Kega
    SSF for Sega Saturn http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~phantasy/ssf/ <- it's a jap site but I have a guide up for this if needs be
    NullDC for Sega Dreamcast http://code.google.com/p/nulldc/ <- I have a more up to date version I will dig out if you want it, built from the very last sorce code released and that they didn't release an officially windows build from it)

CPS3 emulator for Capcom System 3 arcade emulation http://nebula.emulatronia.com/

Magic Engine for Turbo Grafx is the best one but it's not free http://www.magicengine.com/
    Hu-Go! for Turbo Grafx is a good free one http://www.zeograd.com/ still not as good as Magic Engine

Final Burn Alpha for NeoGeo CD games - you already have it , Nebula also has Neo-Geo CD support, it's the same site that I linked for CPS3 emulation

P.S. don't do anything with the zipped config, leave it as it is.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-October-2012 at 16:49.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Oh, I guess I didnt write my questions about those systems well. When I opened it and looked at what games were supported it showed Sega, Turbo GraphX and CPS 3 systems. So I meant to ask how I could play those games on FBA.
    Last edited by williamjones; 20th-October-2012 at 17:21.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The same as do any other game... but recomend you use the emulators I mentioned instead, as they support all the games not just a sellect few

Neo-Geo CD you use Select CD Image or Load Neo Geo CDZ game, depending on the file format of the game

Fusion for example not only supports ever megadrive/genesis game it also support 32x, CD games & CD 32X games aswell as 8 bit sega consoles and computers

ZSNES and SNES9X actually supports SNES games FBA does not

Turbo GraphX support only includes roms (game carts) but emulators specificly for that system support all the roms and CD games

FBA supports...
    0 SNES roms (I would guess thats WIP)
    408 Turbo GraphX roms (that will include clones)
    2260 Genesis/Megadrive roms (that will include clones there are alot less actual games than that)
    32 CPS3 roms (there are only 6 games though, the others are clones, that is all the games that are currently emulated)

Sega is just another arcade company like Neo-Geo or Capcom or Namco ect...

For console emulation use a quality console emulator instead

Not tested CPS3 emulation in FBA so give it a shot if it works fine then stick to FBA as it's a realy good Arcade emulator anyway
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-October-2012 at 17:58.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ok, cool. Ill mess around with it and try to find all the right games for it. Thank you so much.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No problem

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Haha, I was having trouble wiith final burn alpha and so i did some digging around in the kawaks folder and found out how to hardreset the keys for both cps and mvs games. so i think im gonna stick to kawaks now that i can just start it up and play. fba is very complex and i cant get roms to be picked up, the instructions on it werent good thats in the help option.

thanks to everyone who replied to me, im not giving up on fba since it can do a lot of bneat things that kawaks cant, but i mainly just want to play NEO GEO fighting games and kawaks handles that greatly.

I found out by reading the faq that kawaks comes with, you have to go into the root file where all the files are kept for the program, it explains it very clearly and i was able to do it. Its the "HOW DO I CONFIGURE ALL MY GAMES TO USE MY KEY SETTINGS/JOYPAD AT ONCE ?" dialog. THeres the ini folder for the games you pla, so just choose a cps game and then change the keys, play a little then clsoe it, and go to the ini folder and do what it says.