Thread: How to extract a Disk Image File?

Thanks

Hello EmuParadise!

I got some questions, and i was hoping i would be in the right place... Im new at this so if im missing something please do tell me!

I recently bought this second hand, first generation xbox. Its modded but idk in which way (softmod or with a chip), i dont know either how to check that. The xbox came very complicated because it "looked" like there were programs on top of programs and programs, so it got me really confused but im slowly learning by researching.

I already know how to ftp and burn... but i dont have any big 8gb dvd's so my problems is, extracting (hope im using the right word) from the "ISO" file.

Sooo let me get to the point. I downloaded a couple of games. Some of these games like Twinsanity & Black are arround 8gb. I would extract them, from the RAR file like for instance Black, the result would give me "Black.dvd" and "Black" with an extension as "Disk Image Flle". When i open the Black file with extension Disk Image File, i just get this map "VIDEO_TS" something i would see in a movie dvd... When i try to use ZXBtool or c-xboxtool or even qwix101, i just get a error message. Another file like "Blazing Angels.iso" just extracts fine...

So who can help me with this?

After 2 days of searching and thinking, i finally found the answer by myself. Hopefully it will help others in the future. You will have to use "XDVDMulleter".

1. Once installed and launched you will see a list with options. Choose "Extract/Browse files in ISO" and click next.
    2. Now you will see tabs, choose "Load from file" and browse for your ISO, once chosen click next.
    3. Then you will see a list of files, these are the files you want to put on your xbox, under the list you should see a button "Extract All" click on it
    4. After you clicked on the "Extract All" button, a window will pop open, asking for a folder to put the files in. Choose your files and click "Ok"

Extracting will start. After extracting make a folder with the name of the game you extracted and put all the extracted files in that newly made folder. Once you've did that FTP it to your xbox!!!!!!!!!!

(For some reason the files appear to be even less than the original iso)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-October-2012 at 21:34.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Personly I use C-xbox Tool 2

1 run the silly proggy
    2 make sure the ftp settings are correct (check this on your xbox aswell)
    3 hit FTP
    4 hit Add ISO
    5 select an ISO
    6 Make sure the xbox path is correct for your setup (check this on your xbox aswell)
    7 Hit OK
    8 Hit start
    9 wait for it to complete
    10 play the sucker on ya xbox

This one does it direct from iso files, makes it so much more simple, don't extract iso files manually, n yeah alot of xbox discs had DVD video data on them usually a message saying this disc is for xbox consoles if you put it in a DVD player

Check the FTP is working with something like Filezilla that is free FTP software

The defaults are usually...

ftp 192.168.0.10
    port 21
    user xbox
    pass xbox

P.S. if you are wanting to extract the iso for modding reasons (I did for the mods in my sig) I just used ISObuster (free licence version)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-October-2012 at 21:42.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR