Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spyro the Dragon 3 - Year of the Dragon [NTSC-U] ISO is V1.0 or v1.1, included Patch?

Thanks

Default Spyro the Dragon 3 - Year of the Dragon [NTSC-U] ISO is V1.0 or v1.1, included Patch?

Hi,
    This game Spyro the Dragon 3 - Year of the Dragon [NTSC-U] ISO [UAE-94467] which version is it? 1.0 or 1.1

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=es&rurl=translate.google.co m&sl=auto&tl=es&u=http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_ISOs/Spyro_the_Dragon_3_-_Year_of_the_Dragon_[NTSC-U]/37595&usg=ALkJrhhPGLZZhlhCwCAfBW-jNLyS7e96mQ

I've seen other versions on other Web Spyro - Year of the Dragon (USA) (v1.1) of ISO 634MB, supposedly in this version Fixed several bugs in the game, but I have it to burn and play, I get a Window anti-piracy and the game freezes, a solution, we need the PPF Patch but for Spyro version 1.1, and almost all PPF probe the web, for this version 1.1 and does not work, most of these PPF only wrong in the version 1.0 of Spyro 3 PAL or NTSC.
    One suggestion?, The version that you are here, you already have the patch included?.

This is the image after you start the game:
    Software terminated console may have been modified call 1-888-780-7690.jpg

Thank you.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I played the real version of the game and it was very good, the last great Spyro game really. I played the iso on here and I hated it, the 2nd boss battle you dont get sheep, so hes gonna kill you. So the iso on here is playable up to a certain part. I beat him pretty easily when I played the real game over and over again. Someone said that it had an antipiracy thing put into it, so if you hack into the cd you have to mess around and try to get it working, which makes the problems we experience when playing the iso.

The first two games are better and the only problem with the 2nd's version on here are the cut scenes muting on their own.

So I say just go to a retro store and buy a real copy. Its $13 at the one by my place, Id buy it but dont have the cash now, and Id rather buy the first two instead. If you see it and its in good condition and the right price at the store I say leap at the first chance you get. Its a very good game.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Are you playing this on console or via emulation???

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by williamjones View Post
    I played the real version of the game and it was very good, the last great Spyro game really. I played the iso on here and I hated it, the 2nd boss battle you dont get sheep, so hes gonna kill you. So the iso on here is playable up to a certain part. I beat him pretty easily when I played the real game over and over again. Someone said that it had an antipiracy thing put into it, so if you hack into the cd you have to mess around and try to get it working, which makes the problems we experience when playing the iso.

The first two games are better and the only problem with the 2nd's version on here are the cut scenes muting on their own.

So I say just go to a retro store and buy a real copy. Its $13 at the one by my place, Id buy it but dont have the cash now, and Id rather buy the first two instead. If you see it and its in good condition and the right price at the store I say leap at the first chance you get. Its a very good game.
    OK, Thanks for answering, really say at this point is useless to buy an original version, since I have adult family in the room, a PSP3, now, in the fourth of the children they leave your old PSX "with the modchip ok" with their copies to be distracted and practice with it, I think this answers the second question, now I say, to test the ISOs before burning, the taste with 2 PSP emulators to see if they walk, but other testing, sometimes burn them if no other choice and taste.
    I wonder what the version just because I read it on the Web, supposedly this version I think is the 1.0 surely say they have problems in some parts of the game, this was resolved in the ISO v1.1, I have this version 1.1 , but I haven´t the PDX Patch as this version has full anti-copy as you have seen.
    I studied computing, these patch conosco something certainly I have the PS3 the original, to play online, hehe
    (The version 1.0 also I have ISO originai without the patch, which is what they have here, I think)
    Last edited by EngelP; 12th-October-2012 at 17:45.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Are you playing this on console or via emulation???
    Thanks Zorlon,
    I will take into account your answer, when you finish the test, I send my answer and my results.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I asked a question, I didn't give any answer. I have a good reason for asking though, answer and I may be able to help you

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I asked a question, I didn't give any answer. I have a good reason for asking though, answer and I may be able to help you
    Ok, sorry I did not understand.
    Yes, it is to be used on a PSX with "ModChip included".
    The Spyro 3 ISO, I have here in my computer, that weighs (one BIN File)
    Size: 634 MB and is version 1.1. O.O
    Thanks...

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Version 1.0 should have a crc of b515dd0d and be 597250416 bytes in size thats 569MB might show as 570MB
    Version 1.1 should have a crc of 7af84f63 and be 664806912 bytes in size thats 634MB might show as 635MB

I'm guessing at version 1.1 that you have there

The one we have up is version 1.0, judging from the file size, the crc is mismatched but it is in img format created with clone CD that 9 times out of 10 messes something up nothing bad realy it just puts FF instead of 00 in hex for blank spaces

P.S. you posted in the wrong section, Everything Emulating is for emulating consoles on a computer, that would of been easier as it happens... oh well not to worry I shall move this for you to Everything Console

P.P.S. do you need a cue file to go with that or not?

Almost forgot about a certain boot CD you can get for chipped PSone consoles, works with all PSX models it was just originally made for the PSone when it came out

Import Player is what I'm thinking of though your not using it to play imports it has some anti mod chip option on it, I forget the exact term they used as it's been years since I needed/used the disc, but worth a shot for you

You can get Import Player Lite from http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?80512 that I uploaded some time back

Make sure to grab the Import Player light (U) [NTSC] version
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-October-2012 at 22:39.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Version 1.0 should have a crc of b515dd0d and be 597250416 bytes in size thats 569MB might show as 570MB
    Version 1.1 should have a crc of 7af84f63 and be 664806912 bytes in size thats 634MB might show as 635MB

I'm guessing at version 1.1 that you have there

The one we have up is version 1.0, judging from the file size, the crc is mismatched but it is in img format created with clone CD that 9 times out of 10 messes something up nothing bad realy it just puts FF instead of 00 in hex for blank spaces

P.S. you posted in the wrong section, Everything Emulating is for emulating consoles on a computer, that would of been easier as it happens... oh well not to worry I shall move this for you to Everything Console

P.P.S. do you need a cue file to go with that or not?

Almost forgot about a certain boot CD you can get for chipped PSone consoles, works with all PSX models it was just originally made for the PSone when it came out

Import Player is what I'm thinking of though your not using it to play imports it has some anti mod chip option on it, I forget the exact term they used as it's been years since I needed/used the disc, but worth a shot for you

You can get Import Player Lite from http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?80512 that I uploaded some time back

Make sure to grab the Import Player light (U) [NTSC] version
    Yes, yes, exactly needed but the PPF Patch for version 1.1 to support the ISO size, otherwise, display the File Wround zice mismatch. I also when I was the cyber club, burned and patched these games, but I can not remember how to do it now, haha​​.
    PPF o Matic 3.0 Image.jpg

You have never found the PPF Patch for this version 1.1 of Spyro 3?. Strange that Paradox does not have the patch for this version of Spyro 3 - Year of the Dragon (USA NTSC v1.1). My old console is an SCPH-7501 NTSC U / C with modchip, placed by me, I use are burners Pioneer and Matshita (good), I also know that there are better .

Beforehand I say that to me, I never liked using the PPF as Patch (But it's very good), I've always wanted the original boot hacked game perfect, I think it looks cleaner.

I can try to find it, if not, I'll have to use the 1.0 version you have here, there is no choice.
    Last edited by EngelP; 13th-October-2012 at 01:10.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try Import Player first

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

OK, I burned 3 CDs, with ISO Import Player Light 2.1 (NTSC-PAL - BOOT CD) and I can not boot into my PSX, works well in the emulator, the screen looks like this:

PSX Import Player.jpg

I'm burning the ISO with ImgBurn and Nero, not that I'm doing wrong?
    I have read on the Web, using the Alcohol 123%, is why?
    I do not think.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 166 Posts
    EP Points

Just throwing it out there if you have a psx modchip loaded with the mm3 hex you could play spyro 3 without patching (I know it does. tested it not too long ago).

I notice my uploads are taken down, i am the the process of reuploading
    If you like any of my uploads, be sure to hit the "Thanks" button
    Every month i try to add new games. For my list of uploads, check out here
    Need your console modded?, check out my store here

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by EngelP View Post
    OK, I burned 3 CDs, with ISO Import Player Light 2.1 (NTSC-PAL - BOOT CD) and I can not boot into my PSX, works well in the emulator, the screen looks like this:

PSX Import Player.jpg

I'm burning the ISO with ImgBurn and Nero, not that I'm doing wrong?
    I have read on the Web, using the Alcohol 123%, is why?
    I do not think.
    Sorry I missed your post, you only needed the NTSC one, and burning with ImgBurn should of been fine

Never needed or ever wanted to use Alcohol 120% it's not worth bothering with

The only guide for burning PSX images in general is use the slowest burning speed you can have all other settings left on defaults

Not sure what the issue could be then, maybe your chip has Import Player blocked... seems very odd to me though

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Sorry I missed your post, you only needed the NTSC one, and burning with ImgBurn should of been fine

Never needed or ever wanted to use Alcohol 120% it's not worth bothering with

The only guide for burning PSX images in general is use the slowest burning speed you can have all other settings left on defaults

Not sure what the issue could be then, maybe your chip has Import Player blocked... seems very odd to me though
    You can explain better, you mean, the chip installed in my console SCPH-7501?

You Think it's the Mod-Chip inside the console that is very old and therefore can not import or read the BOOT CD Import Player?

If you can send me the new table of Mod-Chip I can re-record the PIC again (with the recorder EEPROM PIC)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crab Nicholson View Post
    Just throwing it out there if you have a psx modchip loaded with the mm3 hex you could play spyro 3 without patching (I know it does. tested it not too long ago).
    Ups....
    Crab, I do not understand what you mean with the psx modchip Loaded with mm3 Hex, we're talking old PSX console, how many types of hacked could take this console? I only know the Mod-Chip and Import Player BOOT-CD.
    If you can explain a little more, I could understand you, I am aware that I am reliving old titles and topics. jeje
    Last edited by EngelP; 18th-October-2012 at 21:44.