Thread: How to make an iso to play on pcx2 ?

Thanks

Default How to make an iso to play on pcx2 ?

So , I have this PS2 version of "Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eyes (PAL)" , and I learned that I have to Make an Iso of it to be able to play on PCSX2 . I made an Iso using ImgBurn , But when I tried to Boot , an error pops up saying "file not found path: Iso file system" Am i doing something wrong ? My pcsx2 is perfectly configured , and I played many other games on it .

In the image you can see that the files are in a disk . I copied them in my HD and made one single Iso out of them .

Please help.....

Name:  Metal gear solid 3.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  85.2 KB

Thanks
    EP Points

Did you configure the CDVD to point to ISO instead of Plugin?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SOLDIERSeeD View Post
    Did you configure the CDVD to point to ISO instead of Plugin?
    Yes , Yes I have , right now , I am playing God of War II with no problem and it's Iso is downloaded from EmuParadise

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

SOLDIERSeeD is trying to help you run the game direct from your DVD drive

Why you would want to emulate a system if you own it I don't know, maybe the novelty of it, personly I hacked my PS2 to run backups instead, but thats a subject for another section not this one

But if you realy want to make a disc image the first thing you done was the wrong thing, but I will do a very quick guide for you

... To make an iso image file

0 download and install imgburn if you dont already have it

1 inset disc into DVD drive of ya PC
    2 run ImgBurn
    3 select Create Image from disc
    4 Destination hit the spy glass on a folder icon and pick a destination and file name
    5 Hit the big icon of a disc and an arrow pointing to a piece of paper with a disc on it
    6 Wait for it to complete... done
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-October-2012 at 17:43.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Tried that , an iso was made without any error , but still when i try to boot , error pops up saying "file not found path: Iso file system" ........

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Have you checked to see if the game is even compatible with the emulator (P.S. I don't emulate PS2 systems as I own a PS2, with a software mod installed to my memcard)

LOL I'm more like to emulate other systems on my PS2

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm, as a last resort, how about downloading the iso from the main site instead of trying to run the self-ripped image? I know that MGS 3 is playable on PCSX2 and the compatibility list says likewise.

Here's the link:http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...(En,Fr)/153806

Or if the PAL version doesn't work, the NTSC-U version:http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...r_(USA)/150681
    Last edited by SOLDIERSeeD; 9th-October-2012 at 19:57.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SOLDIERSeeD View Post
    Hmm, as a last resort, how about downloading the iso from the main site instead of trying to run the self-ripped image? I know that MGS 3 is playable on PCSX2 and the compatibility list says likewise.

Here's the link:http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...(En,Fr)/153806

Or if the PAL version doesn't work, the NTSC-U version:http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...r_(USA)/150681
    Why won't the PAL version work ?

Thanks

The emulator might not be compatible with all versions of any given game, so sometimes PAL or NTSC can have separate issues.

It's strange that it's saying file not found, try as suggested but download any PS2 game (even a small one) just to test to see if you can load any iso at all. If you cannot load any iso files, then it could be the Iso loader plugin, pcsx2 comes with a few, maybe you messed with it and changed the default plugin.

edit\ nvm, just read that you are running GoW just fine, must be some a problem either with how you made the iso or the version of the game, I guess just download mgs3 and see.
    Last edited by SWEATYGREMLINSCLUB; 10th-October-2012 at 04:45.

Thanks

I've managed to get my emulator to work completely, except for one thing: Only the left half of the screen works. Does anyone know how to fix that?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by jamezilla View Post
    I've managed to get my emulator to work completely, except for one thing: Only the left half of the screen works. Does anyone know how to fix that?
    Your issue is totaly different, create your own thread.

It's ok to create a new thread for a new issue

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]