Thread: Need Help...Emulator

Thanks

Unhappy Need Help...Emulator

Hi all. Very new to this. I downloaded MAME, got that up and running as well as a copy of MetaFax. Love reliving my childhood without stealing quarters from my parents!

Now I'm trying to get RoadBlasters to work. I downloaded both the US and Japanese version, and it recommended I download the gens2.14-849.rar emulator. Downloaded it, but game does not appear in MAME. I have put all of the game folders in the ROMs folder, as well as the emulator. What am I doing wrong?

So I'm diggin a bit here, doin some research...is it not possible to run this game on MAME? Do I need to download a whole new Emulator? Kega?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-September-2012 at 11:31.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by x CHAKA x View Post
    So I'm diggin a bit here, doin some research...is it not possible to run this game on MAME? Do I need to download a whole new Emulator? Kega?

What?!?

Kega and Gens are Sega Genesis/Sega CD Emulators...

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

MAME is an Arcade emulator, there are a few genesis games that got imported to arcade (only a few did and they do play in MAME fine, but use different rom sets to Sega Genesis, mostly because the arcade board is differnt from the cartaridge board) same goes for the few NES games in the arcade that are also different and not many of the NES system and Genesis system games got an Arcade import

I am not talking about arcade Golden Axe ect here I'm talking about arcade cabs running Sega console versions in an arcade cab, though an interesting concept, pointless for emulation

You are still beter off playing genesis games with Kega Fusion for genesis games asides from anything you can pay all the genesis games with it

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR