Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Anything that gets to collectors status always shoots up like that, it's silly to be honest but if it's a hard to find game or in limited supply they get away with that.

I was after a 2nd copy of Castlevania Syphony of the Night to replace my broken copy when I joined the forums and I gave up on the idea because they where going for silly prices even with the OST and manual missing, I ended up getting a downloaded copy instead and burned it

Sounds like you may be better off looking at the prices of a 2nd hand PS2 rather than the game

P.S. edited my post in your thread

Added those few you got to play, I hope you can get back to playing them though I know it sucks when a console kills itself just had to replace my Dreamcast, as it happens I just got that today.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I got it working again, thanks for suggesting I use the 50 proof! Anyways, got a few more for you, now that my system is back up and going for burns again.

Shadow Hearts: From the New World - [NTSC|U] DVD5+R - WORKS
    Warriors Orochi - [NTSC|U] DVD5+R - After ESR boot menu, black screen, nothing happens. Going to burn another copy and retest - NOT WORKING
    Star Wars: Battlefront II - [NTSC|U] DVD5+R - Real bad stutter during beginning FMV and during menu FMV, stutter was bad enough I never got past my profile name, I turned it off before getting in game out of annoyance, needs testing for ingame (might try it again later) - NOT WORKING

Hope your new Dreamcast works great. I bought an original X-Box and went to softmod it by hotswapping, and the PC I used wasn't copying files from disc, so I ended up with a brick. System boots, but I get Error 16 because it has no dashboard to auto correct the internal clock.... And I haven't found someone else with an old enough PC to try on another. Very frustrating!! I'm not trusting enough to ship it to someone (I've had things stolen in the past like this), so I'm at a loss... Still have my console. Just no way to fix or finish it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Laden For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Dreamcast is working great had to fine tune the laser but it's easy enough to do with good olde Dreamcast

Been very lucky with my Xbox's had the 120GB HDD not boot but it eventually got working again then I just replaced it, using the olde IDE PC method for a 750GB drive, the biggest IDE drive you can get, you can go bigger but you need to use a SATA to IDE converter, that the smaller ones do fit, I just didn't want to risk doing that myself

As long as you have the HDD lock/unlock key you can replace that with a new drive (Not all drives are lockable though, think I posted a guide for that I honestly don't remember)

Back on subject though

I have noticed that some games do lag rather badly for FMV (fact is DVD-/+R media reads slower than pressed retail DVD's in every console, so games that need higher speed for streaming FMV, sometiimes audio will lag)

I will add those though anyway they may be contradicted at some point but that's ok, I'm sure one of yours changed a fails into works as it happens

P.S.
    If you are using Component Cables (HDTV cables) not all games will work with those

I noticed with a couple of games you have to keep tappng the L2 and R2 triggers together until you see pink, then it continues as it should to boot (I'm not even sure what tapping the L2 & R2 does I found that by pure chance)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-March-2014 at 09:18.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, got another one for ya!

Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick - [NTSC-U] DVD5+R - WORKS

Also, you can change your title if you can to over 500 titles tested now (got bored and counted 511, not including this one, lol)!

Temporary off-topic question, Yakuza 2, Disc 2 (DVD5 split), is the menu supposed to load up when you put it in? I get a black screen.
    Last edited by Chris Laden; 5th-March-2014 at 04:00.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Laden For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You must of been really bored

I cheat for that I copy the list as a single list in Notepad and look at the line count

I have that burned myself I will look later for you, I will update this later also, it's my day off today

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

I retested Star Wars: Battlefront II and it does work fine IF you have the patience to get into the game... the video stuttering is horrid, however.

As for Warriors Orochi, I managed to get the Koei logo video and one other logo video to play, but again, black screen afterwards. Might be a bad burn, but I only have 2 discs left out of this spindle, and those are reserved for another project, sadly. I can't re-burn and test a new copy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Laden For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks again status changed for the Star Wars: Battlefront II

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Got some more games for ya, sir!

Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly - [NTSC-U] DVD5-R - WORKS
    Fatal Frame III: The Tormented - [NTSC-U] DVD5-R - WORKS
    The Simpsons: Hit and Run - [NTSC-U] DVD5-R - WORKS
    Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers - [NTSC-U] DVD5-R - WORKS
    State of Emergency - [NTSC-U] DVD5-R - WORKS
    Reservoir Dogs - [NTSC-U] DVD5-R - WORKS
    Cy Girls (Disc 1) - [NTSC-U] DVD5-R - WORKS
    Cy Girls (Disc 2) - [NTSC-U] DVD5-R - WORKS
    Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions - [NTSC-U] DVD5-R - WORKS

I retested Warriors Orochi, and a new burn did fix the issue so...

Warriors Orochi - [NTSC-U] DVD5-R - WORKS

And as a side note, thank you for the Phantasy Star Online quest packs offline! Got a replacement Xbox in that was pre-moded, so I could play PSO again with your mod! You rock for that, sir!
    Last edited by Chris Laden; 4th-May-2014 at 07:17.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Laden For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks added

You might want to check out the GTA SA Hot Coffee as well not so much a mod as an unlock blocked content, it's a real xbox hack as previous "xbox" versions of that had been PC script imports but that messes up other mini games/side quests and kills the 2 player mini games as well, my mod does not I used only xbox files.

To be honest I play more xbox versions than PS2 versions party due to better hardware resulting in better gameplay for some of the multi platform games, then again I use a PS2 controller (via a converter) with my xbox, never did like the xbox controllers .

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Missed a couple from where I updated the post, but I'll relist them with the other I just tested out as well.

Cy Girls (Disc 1) - [NTSC-U] DVD5-R - WORKS
    Cy Girls (Disc 2) - [NTSC-U] DVD5-R - WORKS
    Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions - [NTSC-U] DVD5-R - WORKS
    Michigan: Report From Hell - [PAL-E] DVD5-R - WORKS
    Warriors Orochi - [NTSC-U] DVD5-R - WORKS

I'll check the HC mod out for SA, then! Used to own it on Xbox back in the day, I'll get it again.
    Last edited by Chris Laden; 4th-May-2014 at 11:14.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Laden For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't think those games are on the list, so here we are. I used RICOH DVD+R burnt at 4x for all of them :

Ace Combat 4 : Shattered Skies [NTSC-U] -> Works
    Ace Combat 5 : The Unsung War [NTSC-U] -> Works
    Ace Combat 6 : The Belkan War [NTSC-U] -> Works
    Syphon Filter : Logan's Shadow [NTSC-U] -> Works, audio during CGI might stutter
    WipEout Pulse [PAL-E] -> Works, menus might stutter

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kayael For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I will add these at a later date in about a week

Thanks to both of you

audio during CGI might stutter... take it that is during movies/FMV (Full Motion Video) (Computer-generated imagery (CGI) that it just any visual produced on screen)
    Odd for stutter in menu's does that have a video playing while in the menu/main menu or something

For info sake most stutters are caused because DVD-R and DVD+R read back is almost half that of retail discs read back speed, most games it will make no difference but some games need the files read at the faster speed that retail discs are read at so FMV streaming is slowed down on burned media.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks again for the updates

Sorry I forgot about these but been back checking today and yesterday and noticed I had not updated the list.

I just rectified that though so all the recent updates are now on the main list

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Drakan - The Ancients Gates [NTSC-U] Works

Added, tested by me

Also found out how the CD to DVD rips have been done with UltraISO software I would normally consider junk software, but works well for CD games making them DVD burnable

Burn tested a couple of games 1 was Quake III that still does not work but also Tested Zapper the US version that normally if you patch and convert it to a DVD would stutter like mad during FMV now plays smoothly, now the strange thing is you do not patch any files, so no media patching here, and the DVD is seen as a CD by PCSX2 yet it can be ESR patched after, also no need to dummy up to 1.4GB these boot just fine without issue, I believe this is because the disc is still in CD mode some how.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-June-2014 at 09:07.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I amaze myself sometimes lol

I managed to fix the stuttering issue with Shadow Tower Abyss [NTSC|J] (Translated)

What I done was manually move the contents of TARGET to the outer edge of the disc

Will upload a IML+IMS files later maybe if it has really worked, I may have to rethink this as it just froze while I was typing :/, but I have a few other idea's first anyway (I may need to include an physical dummy file instead of just shifting the LBA to push the data, will find out soon enough

If this ends up working out there are a few other games that have stutter issues, on a side note I think I can fix most the CD to DVD converts for stuttering using UltraISO though would love to find an alt method of doing that with free software, though the trial version can do that anyway, just not sure how long the trial lasts or anything

EDIT manual breaks to push data does make the PS2 have issues it seems so gone for the old style dummy file as it happens this game had 2 to start with so I am testing this with those 3 times the original size a total of 3GB in dummy data (3.45GB total size) I did not want to push that further, it's nice to have a bit of finger print room on the egde anyway

It was the dummy data that fixed the small hitch now it plays very very smoothly

I may do a fix kit later as know I need more than the IML+IMS just a simple batch file will do though all it will do is copy of the existing dummy files then merge all 3 into one and duplicate the joined one then remove the smaller ones, it's not hard to do or anything

EDIT: I have some files prepped for the kit just not put it together yet, but let me know if you want it , I will finish the kit off if it is wanted and make it more automated at the moment it is more for my personal use
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-June-2014 at 16:27.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]