Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gameshark codes not working

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Gameshark codes not working

I am using Gameshark cdx version 3.0 to 5 for persona 2 eternal punishment and I've double checked all the codes their all right but when I play the game none of the codes work can anyone tell what's wrong?
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.

Thanks
    EP Points

Out of curiousity, is this on the actual console or are you trying to use this with an emulator?

If it's on an emulator, I would recommend using a plugin instead for whatever emulator you're using. If it's on a console, I would maybe see if you can find different codes on a different site; there's a chance that the ones you have are for a different version number or region of the game you're playing.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Both, I've tried gameshark, codebreakers from 2.2 to v5.0 and they all don't work and I discs are the same region as the codes {usa} version. I've already tried two sites and still nadda, so what's wrong?

Side note can anyone tell where I can get a hold of the cartidges?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Action Replay GameShark Xplorer & clone carts ect.. you buy them

Amazon eBay junk shop, they are going to be hard to find nowerdays to be honest

As for codes try 800833A8 FFFF on it's own (it's just cash)

If there are certain code types not working let me know what they are e.g 80 codes (actually those will work with all cheat devices)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-September-2012 at 08:43.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks, as for the codes their for all usable items and the incense hp, vit, str. I need them because a power outage killed my memory card that the game was on now the system wont even show the memory card in the viewer when I put it in either slot and the stupid cat is killing me.
    Last edited by soratron; 23rd-September-2012 at 09:12.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

5000FF01 0000
    300833B1 0063
    5000FF01 0000
    300834B0 0063
    50003701 0000
    300835AF 0063

Are the Action Replay/Gameshark versions

The 50 code is a repeater code that may not work with all cheat deviced the 30 is a single byte code that works with every cheat device (there are some exceptions)

in the 50 codes the FF & 37 = number of repeats
    in the 50 codes the 01 = the space between codes
    30 & 80 codes work with 50 codes

the codes should give you 99 of everything

You can test the 30 code on it's own though if needs be just to make sure the code works at all

As for the memcard prob, it's just dead you have no choice just to by a new one, the only back port cheat systems that has virtual memcards is the Action Replay Pro/Gameshark Pro version 3 (can be updated via parallel port on a PC, or via a flash CD)

Only seen 2 at ebay.com

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-PS1-Pla...item2575854e69
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS1-PSX-Play...item41646c7443

That is the best cheat engine that was created for PSX it not only have the v-mem but you can make your own codes with the search engine built into it

EDIT:
    800846AC 0000
    800846AE 0000

would maybe be a better code for you, this levels you up after every battle, the game should play through very quick with that code active
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-September-2012 at 10:21.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

One question would these codes work on a [Codebreaker cd]? I Don't want to order a new cheat device if I don't need to.

SIDE NOTE: Will those cartridges allow me to play my backups without doing the disc swap and scratching them up bad like the originals? And anyone news about the mod that's coming out in 2013 that let's you play iso's from sd card that would save my laser it's on its only leg now after fire/smoke damage.
    Last edited by soratron; 23rd-September-2012 at 21:05.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Carts with the exception of the official Action Replay Xploder Xplorer GameShark & Codebreaker work by having a spring located at the back of the PSX lid to make the console think that it is always closed, boot an original game, the disc will stop, then remove the original and replace with the copy, hit start game on the on screen menu, to boot the new disc up

Never heard of any development for the olde PSX or Psone

sort of

codebreaker xploder/xplorer gameshark and action replay "80", "30", and "D0" code types are interchangeable!!

for 50 code types do not work so your code will be huge

you can get a full list of item codes at http://cheats.codetwink.com/psx/view/1727/12/

a bit of info for you http://viper.shadowflareindustries.c...html&cat=hax0r
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-September-2012 at 22:01.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I heard the mod is for the original ps not the psone it's called PSIO [sigh-o] its like open ps2 loader for the ps. I was wondering if anyone heard when next year its scheduled to come out.
    Oh and I've already tried cheat engine can't make heads or tails.

When I use cheat engine after a short while the game freezes, why?
    Last edited by soratron; 24th-September-2012 at 09:30.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://psio.com.au/ didn't take much finding

Actually sounds interesting shame it would be using PIO port though even the older model PSX didn't all have that IO port (unless I'm mixing the port you can pop the carts into and the system link up port), I still have one as it happens though the disc drive isn't worth much nowerdays, hopefully enough to boot something like the SD card thing, the PSX I use though is a PSone with a mod chip, just makes life so much easier and no swop/swap disc issues, but this project will do the same and much more for the oldest of PSX models, later gray PSX's as I said not all have the cart port

EDIT TRY THIS ONE

Try this one I don't know about the code compat for CD GameSharks or Action Replays, but not all can handle 30 codes after repeater 50 codes, this should be the same as the code you had been using but based on 80 codes rather than 30 codes, there are only 2 30 codes but both work on there own, so they are not combined with the 50 codes

The CD cheat system that I know does not handle that way wasn't a PSX cheat CD as I don't realy use PSX cheat CD's, if I can play a game through without codes I do, though I do feel for anyone that got so far through a game only to have to start fresh

300833B1 0063
    5000FF02 0000
    800833B2 6363
    50001B02 0000
    800835B0 6363
    300835E7 0063

So you are not typing the whole lot in just test
    5000FF02 0000
    800833B2 6363
    first then just add the rest if it works, both 30 codes can be added at the end, I only listed it in order of address, 50 and 80 codes must be in the other they are though

If it's a game that for some reason does not like codes being active on boot but only after you load the data/start a new game try using

Activate All Codes

C0XXXXXX YYYY

Works like the D0/E0 code type, but affects ALL codes. Use as an (M) Must Be On if the game won't load with codes turned on.
    GS 2.2+

Activate All Codes On Delay

C1000000 YYYY

Works like the D0/E0 code type, but affects ALL codes. This is like a timer. A value of around 4000 or 5000 will usually give you a good 20-30 second delay before codes are activated. Use as an (M) Must Be On if the game won't load with codes turned on.
    GS 2.41+

Use the above to delay when the codes are active, do those as a (M) code

Cheat Engine at the time I found to be too unstable so never realy used it, but if it worked for a lil while you could always use item codes and save while those are still working, reboot and play with no cheats active
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-September-2012 at 12:40.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I've got a new problem, the controller I'm using for the original on psxfin for some reason one of the shoulder buttons is going off on its own and it wont stop I've even taken it apart and it still does it even on my ps2 HELP!!!!!!
    p.s. finally got cheat engine running its good now that cat's roadkill.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

probobly not alot can be done with the pad, a bit of rubbin alcohol on the contacts, but that can also make it worse aswell

it is possible that the wires have been pulled if nothing seems to be wrong with it on the inside and there is no obvious splits in the cables (i.e. there is damage to the cable that is not visiable)

or the controller chip has gone loopy

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'll try the alcohol and see if it helps later, I was in the middle of a twisted metal 4 when it went berserk. I've been getting problems after I tried playing with it on ps2psxe resident evil 2 usa leon disc is that what could have killed it?

When I took it apart nothing looked wrong with the green plastic or the wires from the pc/console.
    Last edited by soratron; 25th-September-2012 at 09:00.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Playing a game in general is not going to make a pad go loopy, Resident Evil 2 never killed any of my pads and played that game on every console it was released for (I lie not the PS3 release lol) the fact that you are using real hardware makes it even less likely

P.S. did you ever get the code work with a propper GameShark?

I may test on my PSone (I will just boot patch the game and the gameshark as I have a PAL console that was badly mod chipped so only boots games with the same boot region as the console [not the same as display patching that I do not need to do])

P.P.S. do you have the lid sensors blocked on your PS2?

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

My ps2 is the old 30.001 R series I just take the casing off, the laser worked for three backups, galerians disc 1, parasite eve 2 disc 1/2 and MDK then it stopped working with ps and ps2 discs, it did go through smoke damage in 2008 and was in a box in pieces after I poked a hole in the controller port cable and had to resodder the power cable back on it that the problem? I now play ps2 from hdd. No I havent tried the codes yet I'm letting older brother barrow the disc to see if it worked on his console.
    And I was using ffgriever's PS2PSXE emulator to play RE2 trying to shot mr. x when leon started dancing and raising and dropping the gun.
    Last edited by soratron; 25th-September-2012 at 09:49.