Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Pelican's Freeshot ps2 blaster work on emulators

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Last question for today, I've been trying to get resident evil survivor to run a psx emulator but they all keep bringing up a cancel sign does that mean it cant read the disc or the image file, cause I've tried both and they all do the same thing.
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Copy Protection

ePSXe can bypass that 2 ways or you can patch the disc

P.S. the US version of that game does not support lightguns but the EU version does

There is a sticky thread here anyway just for copy protection in PSX games

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?67412

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://www.arcadeguns.com/ <- HOW MUCH

http://www.xcm.cc/XFPS_storm_light_gun.htm <- Ha ha looks like the Wii Mote and Nunchuck re-designed

http://www.hkems.com/product/xbox/1108.htm

Dig around for reviews on those before buying, those are just a few examples from a very quick search

http://www.hkems.com/product/ps2/1003.htm Wow lol
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-September-2012 at 15:26.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks I guess I'll go with the EMS Top Gun III option and thanks for the info on resident evil that helped.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I just got another idea, would ffgriever's emulator PS2PSXE work with this light gun?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Probobly not

But if it's PSX games you want there is http://versatile1.wordpress.com/2009...-v9-and-above/

that uses the internal PSX engine the PS2 has, but you need a GunCun1 compatible lightgun that the Pelican Free Shot looks like it is

the above method you need one original game and you can only boot games from your region, you may get away with patching the boot code with your region aswell though, this is not the same as patching display, but for PAL on a NTSC display you may also need to patch the display aswell

Patch-it for patching the boot region
    PAL4U or Zapper 2000 for patching the display [Try PAL4U first] (If you are a PAL region user and use a SCART, do not bother patching the display)

P.S. there are NES, SNES and MegaDrive emulators for the PSX/PS2 but not sure if they had lightgun support or not, it's been too long since I used those and nowerdays use other systems to emulate through, the Wii does a fine job of adding lightgun features to emulators that run on the Wii
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-September-2012 at 08:09.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

sorry to bring this up AGAIN but I have to ask this one more before I let it rest if I this avi capture deviceClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1003121838a.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	34893
    Attatch it to my psxClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1003121838b.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	34894 and attach the usb end to my tower I still won't get a ps1 light gun or ps2 for that matter gun to see the image on my 50/60mhz tube monitor from 1995?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1003121839a.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	34895

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I did already answer this

Nope the only light gun that can is the Dreamcast lightgun and only with some of those monitors (Dreamcast guns do work differently)

It's something to do with TV tubes vs Monitor tubes and the white flash thing, I don't remember exactly off the top of my head

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

FINAL final question on the pelican gun will I be able to use it on the ps2 snes station and pgen emulators for those light gun games or do I have to stick with pc emulators and the top gun for those games or go out and buy a us$300 nintendo wii I saw a few emlators on snes official and homebrew running x-zone.
    Addition information on my crt tv would I be able to get this gun to work on it or am I stuck with ir wiimotes on my laptop screen or topgun option? The screen is as big as an original playstation.
    Also would I be able to use the ps3 move wands on the ps3-ps1 emulator to play them on lcd or is topgun the only way been thinking of getting a used ps3 phat on amazon for us$59.99.
    Last edited by soratron; 10th-October-2012 at 05:19.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Does anyone know or am I the first to think of trying this combo?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Have you even looked at the emulators yet?

PGen I know has no lightgun support as does the Mastersystem emulator I'm sure that snes and nes also has no lightgun support either

Move will not work with PSone software

The best option for you is the wii as I have already mentioned

if you want light gun support that much just buy an old tube TV, i'm sure you could get one for next to nothing nowerdays, alot cheaper than a PS3

You can then use a lightgun with old console including NES to SNES & Mastersysten to Dreamcast, PSX and PS2 and Xbox (don't know of any lightguns for the GameCube or N64, but if they do they will also work on an old TV set only)

Wii has the best lightgun support for LCD LED & PLASMA screens (I don't know if you can get VGA connections for the Wii, though the way you hooked your PSX up will work with the Wii because of the way it hooks up) the Wii also has light gun support for the homebrew emulators aswell NES SNES Genesis, don't remember if Mastersystem has or not

P.S. read our forum rules, we have rules about bumpng threads of a certain age
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-October-2012 at 14:36.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Sorry forgot, last question. If I hook up an hdmi to rca male cable to a tv will that work or am I once again sk#$%d? P.S. Total newbie and yes I knew that the wii ones have it tried them on parent's wii and wanted to know if ps2 ones did too or not, no need for the testy reply like I said I'm a newbie just started messing around with psx in august and just recently saw on youtube people posting vids of light guns with wii or psx original guncon 1 on pc monitors via wincon and wanted to know from expert if I would be wasting money.
    And I sometimes play on my brother's ps3 he has those move things and saw a vid of time crisis 1 on ps3 so wanted to know Sony added it to the emulator or not if so then I was going to see about getting one at lease by march 2013 when I find a new job just been laid off not a lot of opportunities in this small town lately.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

When you ask the same question over and over I find it hard, the answer is still no and again I already answered this no PSX or PS2 or any propper lightgun from PS2 downover will work on a LCD LED or Plasma screen or VGA crt Monitor

the only light gun to have crt VGA monitor compat is the Dreamcast light gun

the Wii is the only one to have good emulation lightgun game support with it's wii mote the PS2 does not the PS3 does not officially I havn't looked into hacking a PS3 personly and not looked into the emulators for it, but don't expect it to have lightgun game support via emulation the PS3 Move isn't all the great to start with

best bet is still to buy a crt TV and all your light gun woes go away

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

When I mentioned hmdi to tv I ment to CRT, television so I could play carnevil and judge dredd I found a site with tutorials on how to get a light gun for the playstation or ps2 to act as a working usb mouse then I just have to configure to buttons and yes they were using controller to usb adapter for the gray psone light gun on a crt tv in mame cabinet hooked to pc and showed the mouse moving with the gun so I just want to know this last question Will Hdmi 2 Crt Work. YES or NO <- one of these as answer don't want to hear why just yes or no.

Sorry if I sound testy Landlord being a grade A jerk about me complaining that the heating is not working chewing me out for it.
    Last edited by soratron; 20th-October-2012 at 01:31.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

HDMI to AV may work but I have not tested this personly so I can't offer help there

Yes there are USB drivers for PS2 lightguns, I did test this on a windows 2000 machine with TV out [S-Video and AV, I used AV as light guns do not work with S-Video] (I do not know if unofficial light guns will work though and wouldn't like to guess either my tests had been done with GunCon2 guns)

I do not know if these drivers will work in Windows Vista or higher

You must connect via AV or SCART with AV input to your CRT TV, you need this for the light guns (this is not optional), they connect via a game port or USB but they also connect to the Video in on your CRT TV set
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-October-2012 at 12:33.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: