Thread: Poll on Capcom Fighters

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Poll on Capcom Fighters

I'm trying to write an article that deals with Capcom fighters, but I need some general opinions. Is there good reasons you play or don't play them? How are the controls, how long have you played them if you have, do you feel they have any value as non-multiplayer games, are they inviting to someone who doesn't understand fighters that well, ect.

This thread is about Capcom fighters, not Capcom as a company. Please none of that complaining about DLC and how Capcom is the spawn of Satan. I'm asking about the games themselves, not DLC practices.

This means you can complain about the gem system of SFxT, but not the on disk character DLC. The article I'm working on is not about that.

Thanks
    EP Points

i more or less only play the Vs Capcom games and Kenichi PS2, not a fan of street fighter

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well people starting out like me should really find a buddy or different people online through their 360 or ps3 to play against, cause just playing against the machine and losing all the time can be crushing. Losing isnt fun but learning different moves is and the best way to do that is to learn with a friend. Everyone has told me to play SF2 as a beginner, which Im trying but I find other games like SNK games (their main competitor back in the 90's.) and Dead or Alive to be more appealing. SNK games cause theyre hard so I can justify losing in them, and DOA for the hot chicks you can play as.
    Theres two documentaries Ive found about SSF4 tournament players, maybe that may help? There are also a ton of videos related to fighting games, like wednesday night fights and Evo videos.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Capcom fighters rank in my book, as decent to great fighters. They aren't generally my preferred games, but they have their depth, and their control is solid. But they aren't really forgiving to new-comers, the inputs vary from simple to "MY FUCKING FINGERS", and as fighters, and especially as Capcom Fighters , they have very little to offer in terms of single player (story mode for every character is incredibly meager, and they've flat out said they'll never change that, and other than challenge mode, not much else to DO if you aren't playing others).

Then again, there is a reason they tend to get recommended to new fighting game players for developing the basics. Yeah, even if you prefer other fighters, the skills you get from playing the capcom ones (mostly street fighter) carry over better to new games then in reverse.

Thanks
    EP Points

I have to give Capcom the credit they deserve for instigating the 2-D fighters craze, and I still enjoy playing the Street Fighter II games to this day. I may be biased towards them because I grew up with those games, but the way in which that style was mimicked by so many other companies definitely says a lot on its own.

Thanks

I like their games for the most part, but eventually they get annoying when, take MvC3 for example, everything is just FOOT DIVE FOOT DIVE FOOT DIVE FOOT DIVE FOOT DIVE FOOT DIVE.
    Worst thing about gaming is being unable to remember the name of games you had fun with...and lag.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

i used to be a capcom player back in the SFII days, could never get used to 6 buttons and bad character design , Then I found SNK and King of Fighters which has great character design and only 4 buttons, now i hardly ever play a capcom fighter and mainly play SNK fighters.

Dont know if that bit of info will be helpful to ya
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I play capcom fighters, not really nothing wrong with them. The controls (for the most part) are excellent and I do like a lot of the fighters that they release. One of those things I believe they do right.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    Blog Entries

SF fighters are very weak & personally i didn't like any of the characters of SF series except AKUMA.SNK is much better developer of fighting genre.

Thanks
    EP Points

"Street Fighter" series is the best thing Capcom has ever produced. Till now have played Sf2 series,Sf Alpha series,Sf3 series & few of the Vs. ones & loved all of them.

The password for my upload's is "caidsncer". If you love my uploads,then hit the "THANX" button.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Could you all be a bit more detailed?

Like, why do you have the opinion you do? What about Capcom fighters do you love or hate?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    Could you all be a bit more detailed?

Like, why do you have the opinion you do? What about Capcom fighters do you love or hate?
    Dammit, more specific.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    I play capcom fighters, not really nothing wrong with them. The controls (for the most part) are excellent and I do like a lot of the fighters that they release. One of those things I believe they do right.
    OK
    1.) Easy to get into - Capcom fighters are generally the easiest games to pick up and play (the controls are smooth and refined for a beginner to fighting games), even the newer Capcom fighters like SF4 and UMvC3.
    2.) No complex maneuvers - for beginners and vets the limited range of actions is actually something of value so there's a bit more strategy in every move you make. (yes, a few characters defy this with a certain move, but there's weaknesses in those moves too)
    3.) Character rosters - I am Biased, but yes. I like the characters. Mostly Cammy
    4.) Lastability - I still play from time to time Street Fighter Third Strike, because this is probably one of the pinnacles of 2D fighters, controls are excellent, all the attacks for each character are varied (each with their own strengths and weaknesses to exploit), the music is excellent, motions are fluid and I will not lie, Gill.
    Needs more Gill in SF
    Last edited by Sheik; 30th-August-2012 at 14:56.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I really like the graphics of SF2, Chung Li is hot as hell. I liked the raw energy of the animated movie. M Bison is cool as hell. Fighting games are more of a challenge cause theres so much you have to learn in a short game and the replayablility is there unlike a lot of other genres of games. Did you watch those documentaries I linked? Thats a lot of detail I think than I can say as a beginner.