Thread: Wii Usbloader GX, loading Skyward Sword issue

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Wii Usbloader GX, loading Skyward Sword issue

So I've acquired a disc image of Skyward Sword and have attempted to run it in Usbloader GX to no avail. When its selected and it shows the spinning disc animation there is no music or ambience, and actually starting it makes the wii freeze on a black screen.

Ive read somewhere that you need a MotionPlus setup to start it. I have two wiimotes with this built in, and still none of them work.

Does anyone have any insight into this?
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I do not have my Wii HDD at the moment (it is at my kid bros for now)

But after a very quick google....

Strang fix if I ever seen one but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scWLV9nGovU

There is also a few ios patches at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVFvrTYqmyA

P.S. I am not taking responsibility for these

GBAtemp also has some info at http://gbatemp.net/topic/313383-tuto...skyward-sword/

This is probobly a more reliable sorce

EDIT you might want to select the Dol that is used so you can skip past the Motion Plus tuto movie, though that should not be a problem if you have viewed the full motion plus tuto in the past
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-August-2012 at 22:02.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I have USBLoader (not GX), and it works fine on mine

I used ModMii and haven't changed any of the standard installations or anything...

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I used USBloader GX and everything works fine for me also, though I did not update the game and mine is the first release of it

I actually own the game aswell but I still play it from my Harddrive.. I did get the golden Wii Mote though (sad I know)

The problems are due to an update by Nintendo and it effects all loaders

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR