Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girl Nerds into retro gaming? Who's out there?

Thanks

Smile Girl Nerds into retro gaming? Who's out there?

Hello! I know it's kind of common for a guy to ask about girls on the internet on the subject of their most nerdie interest, so here I am!!! (^u^) I'm just wondering how many girls are on this forum right now, who play NES/Sega/SNES/TurboGraFX, etc... do you own any systems? what games are you into? what game are you best at? I want details, ladies! (`-_')
    Rabid Media Online!
    Check out original artwork and games by ME!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

LIEK OMG GURL GAMERZ
    Last edited by MaslowK; 3rd-June-2012 at 00:23.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post

LIEK OMG GURL GAMERZ
    Lol. Love that MeMe

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Filthy women and their gaming for attention. No really, I'm offended; if you like playing games there's no need to specify your gender and that, indeed, you're playing games. And they always just say the most popular or generic of things, it's never "HAI GUYZ IM A GURL AND IM PLAYING DRAGON QUEST 1 ON THE NES!"

Shut up and get off my goddamned Internet; you're hogging bandwidth I could be using for... I don't know. Podcasts or something.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm a girl. I've been playing since Atari 2600. I have nes, snes, genesis, n64 emulators. I like Rpg's and puzzle games the most. I own an Atari 2600, nes, snes, ds,and psp. I like to play fighting games, but I'm terrible at them. I'm currently playing Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes. It's a sequel of sorts. I like to play offbeat games, like The Twisted Tales of Spike Mc Fang. it's a RPG about a vampire/magician that twirls his cape and throws his hat to defeat his enemies. His life bar is tomatoes.It's for the snes. I also play Sailor Moon games on the snes. There's a fighting game, a RPG, and a puzzle game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    if you like playing games there's no need to specify your gender and that, indeed, you're playing games.
    A tad crass, but I'm inclined to agree with at least that much.

In reality, I think OP just wants to be a creeper.

We just need Gypsy asking for measurements.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by iamerror View Post
    I'm a girl. I've been playing since Atari 2600. I have nes, snes, genesis, n64 emulators. I like Rpg's and puzzle games the most. I own an Atari 2600, nes, snes, ds,and psp. I like to play fighting games, but I'm terrible at them. I'm currently playing Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes. It's a sequel of sorts. I like to play offbeat games, like The Twisted Tales of Spike Mc Fang. it's a RPG about a vampire/magician that twirls his cape and throws his hat to defeat his enemies. His life bar is tomatoes.It's for the snes. I also play Sailor Moon games on the snes. There's a fighting game, a RPG, and a puzzle game.
    you tell them merry!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    We just need Gypsy asking for measurements.
    Iamerror, post your measurements please.

I have my suspicions and would love to confirm them.

Spoiler warning:
    Spoiler warning:
    This thread is amazing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

didnt you just ask foggy that earlier gyp?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    didnt you just ask foggy that earlier gyp?
    That's why I made the joke that he would do it again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

This thread will be closed if the spam don't cease now and points will be addressed to re-offenders.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 3rd-June-2012 at 11:07.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Monster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

What is all the "fuss" about genders, really? Does not really make sense to me.
    Differentiating gender in subjects like gaming just helps children to "learn" to put "different" aside.

I am just going to quote two people:

"Gaming is just a hobby" (Cookie, in the "Gaming enthusiasm" thread)
    "Gender? As far as I know, we are all robots here" (TheRealSpiders, in the "countbackwards" thread... but no one is going to backread that far. )

Oh, I cannot overlook this though:

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp-Luc Picard View Post
    Iamerror, post your measurements please.

I have my suspicions and would love to confirm them.

Spoiler warning:
    Spoiler warning:
    This thread is amazing.
    Again, Gypsy... again...
    I hope she did not feel offended with that... :!

Just another thing:

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    This thread will be closed if the spam don't cease now and points swill be addressed to re-offenders.
    Maybe it is just me, but I have the feeling many people post in threads like these just to pass that 200 post mark... but that is just me.

Thanks
    EP Points

The base concept of this thread is interesting. I'm not a female gamer, but I'd like to see more of them.

Now, before any of you cretins take that as a "hur dur he wants gurlfrend" post - my reasons for saying that is that, despite what's been said, female gamers are still treated as an anomaly. The moment someone in a game is discovered to be a girl, attitudes towards that person change completely. More female gamers might change this trend and make behaviour a bit more natural from these inestimable morons. I just like to game, and if others like to game too, yay them, be they male or female.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Ivo Robotnik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I know far more about classic games than pretty much all of my male friends (well... except the ones here, of course~ ). But then I have an... um... slightly unconventional history, and I'm not sure I'm really representative of the general female populace. :'D

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ivo Robotnik View Post
    The moment someone in a game is discovered to be a girl, attitudes towards that person change completely.
    To be honest, this is why I don't understand lots of guys getting annoyed at girls "gaming for attention" as Aeolus puts it above. They only have themselves to blame for making it such a huge, earth-shattering deal when a girl plays videogames. If girls were allowed to play videogames without becoming a circus act for many people, those who only dabble in the hobby for attention would quickly drift away to something else. So if you don't like girls putting on the OMG GIRL GAMOR mantle for attention, why not... um... stop giving them attention?

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

@foggy: I was mocking the thread and going along with Spiders for a laugh.

Anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by elin
    To be honest, this is why I don't understand lots of guys getting annoyed at girls "gaming for attention" as Aeolus puts it above. They only have themselves to blame for making it such a huge, earth-shattering deal when a girl plays videogames. If girls were allowed to play videogames without becoming a circus act for many people, those who only dabble in the hobby for attention would quickly drift away to something else. So if you don't like girls putting on the OMG GIRL GAMOR mantle for attention, why not... um... stop giving them attention?
    Agreed. I was trying to think of a hobby that goes the other way but it's early and I could not. I usually don't even ask people their gender online.

Something I find really annoying is when I'm playing random people on cockatrice and all I want to do it play magic and stuff and sometimes the other person opens the game with I'm a girl or something like that. It's just like...uh...okay? How are you even wanting me to respond to that? I usually just leave the game.