Thread: Chrono Cross epsxe 1.5.2 perplexing issue

Thanks

Post Chrono Cross epsxe 1.5.2 perplexing issue

First off, Id like to say thanks to the whole emuparadise community, for which my emulation related problems are usually solved about 95% of the time without even having to post a thread.

that being said, couldnt find a thread for this one,

I just switched over to disc II on Chrono Cross, successfully, where you choose a combination of past, present, and future and fight the Vita boss
    literally the first sequence of events and first boss you face in disc II

I get into battle, all goes well like any other, I might get a physical attack or two off,
    but when I try to use an element, or when the boss does ANYTHING at all, even approach for a physical attack,
    the game stops, it doesnt freeze quite because the characters are still doing their standby motions and the clouds in the background and stuff still move as if the game were going, but its frozen in place

I tried changing the sequence of past, present, future
    I tried switching from loading the CDROM to the ISO
    I even tried changing the graphics and my video settings around, although these things are definitely a hit-and-miss effort on my part

Not that I really know a lot about emulation, but I generally only play RPG's and I havent really encountered this before

heres my video settings nonetheless, im running off a laptop, 4G RAM, Pentium Dual-Core T4200 @ 2GHz
    like I said I messed around with the video settings, but these got me thru disc-I no problems, although not the best video quality

Plugin: P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.1.18
    Author: Pete Bernert and the P.E.Op.S. team

Resolution/Color:
    - 1280x960 Window mode
    Stretch mode: 2
    Dither mode: 0

Framerate:
    - FPS limit: on
    - Frame skipping: on
    - FPS limit: Auto

Misc:
    - Scanlines: disabled
    - Game fixes: on [00000021]

I will be humbly awaiting your responses, and probably playing Lost Odyssey, as I was also unable to find anything on the internet...
    I might recall hearing about this somewhere at some time, maybe even on this board, but I couldnt dig it up
    Thanks guys

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

where did you get your image from?? (exact page link if it is from here)

Personly if that was me I would scan it with CDMage for errors in the CD image of the game (Just disc 2 as the first disc has already been cleared

There is an olde guide for that here

P.S. Completed Lost Odyssey ages ago it's one of the best recent RPG's I have played, the best RPG I have played in a very long time
    Last edited by Zorlon; 26th-May-2012 at 22:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

much thanks
    I would assume I got my chrono cross from here, however....
    I know I downloaded it full disc at a time, not by any smaller pieces, and I cant find any link like that on here, though I didnt try terribly hard.
    Perhaps I got it from one of those big guys that went down like megaupload...

I'll try the CDMage, if that doesnt work, it is the VERY beginning of disc II, so I can just download a new one I suppose

Lost Odyssey - old style squaresoft meets beautiful, new graphics, I feel almost nostalgic just playing it.

of 160,273 corrupted sectors,
    1 was fixed by repairing.

I think I might skip rebuilding and go straight to a new download
    I appreciate the help though

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    where did you get your image from?? (exact page link if it is from here)
    found it, it was from emuparadise, just not the forums

http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays..._%5BU%5D/36680

hopefully it was just the download, im trying it again-all the other uploads Ive tried on this sight are down, at least temporarily
    anyone else download this recently and have it work?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-May-2012 at 07:31.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Please use the edit function on the lower right of your posts, instead of double posting...

Anyway downloading disc 2 myself just to make sure there are no issues with that copy of the game, hopefully there is not any.

N yeah I kinda guessed there was an issue with the CD image you currently had, CD-Mage is the best way to tell though, shame it couldn't just be repaired

*EDIT

Downloaded the linked CD image and scanned the image with CD-Mage (I did need to rename the file "Chrono Cross CD2.img" to "Chrono.Cross.NTSC.US.CD2.img" as it had the incorrect file name)

CD-Mage reports no errors
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-May-2012 at 08:41.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

yup, I just made sure the boss was able to attack, and yes.
    ahhhh- peace of mind.
    thanks man

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No Problem just happy you got it working

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]