Thread: Offline list and actual numbering of roms??

Thanks

Default Offline list and actual numbering of roms??

Hi all,

My first posting here, and I bet I've probably posted in the wrong section, but here goes anyway.

I was hoping someone could shed some light as to the way DS roms are numbered, If I can give an example:

On the offlinelist 0.7.2a

Lego Pirates of the caribbean - The Video Game there are two listed 5687 & 5711 but these do not seem to coincide with another I have which is numbered 5647.

If I look at OLL 072a 5647 = Magical ZhuZhu Princess - Carriages & Castles.

I just wanted to know if there was another list available that gave the correct numbering order, or (quite possibly) am I missing something that is obvious to others.

All I know is that the list is from ADVANsCEne Nintendo DS Collection. or is there another DAT file available that would I'm assuming put the roms into the correct order.

Thanks chaps for reading and it would be very much appreciated if someone could throw some light on the subject.
    all the best
    sadsack

Thanks

From what I've seen, DS roms are numbered by the order in which the games were released officially for the system. That's why some of the the games that were released when the DS came out, such as Yoshi Touch & Go (I got this when the DS first came out) have a very low number.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tacoguy123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

May I ask, do emuparadise follow any particular list, because it doesn't marry up with the OLL 072a, or is there a DAT file that emuparadise follow and one that could be used with OLL 072a?

Thanks for the reply Tacoguy123

sadsack

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by sadsack View Post
    May I ask, do emuparadise follow any particular list, because it doesn't marry up with the OLL 072a, or is there a DAT file that emuparadise follow and one that could be used with OLL 072a?
    I have been wondering about the same thing as well. But from my research, it is probably based on the released for the system.
    I check EP number 001 released which is of course should be the first game to released for the system and from my googling, it is indeed the first game released for the system and therefore named as 001.
    Look here. The EP number 001 released and The proof that it is indeed the first released.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Muscab For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Unfortionatly there are a few variations of the numbered release list around

Including the Offline list version that you seem to know (there are 2 versions though one has xxxx roms that are demo versions and DLC types, such as extra pokemon) and the following
    DS-Scene releases list http://www.ds-scene.net/?s=releases&p=300
    Pocket Heaven (went by that one myself for a few years) http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/relea...t=ASC&serres=1
    GBAtemp (was sure DS-Scene used this for there list, might of been the other way round though) http://gbatemp.net/newgon/
    No-Intro (forgot about that one) don't have a link sorry

There are other lists but off the top of my head, don't remember if they are numbered or not though

Offline list often gets out of date mind and can seem to take an age before there next dat update, but I do like the gui it gives you, otherwise the next best thing that can also be used as a front end is
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-March-2012 at 23:51.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If you are currently using OLL 0.7.2a, then you could just use the dat file from http://www.advanscene.com/ and use the most recent list. It will be in XML format, but it's still readable by OLL; I just tried the most recent version (v1757 from the DATs tab) and and it works fine.

Thanks

Yes you are correct Muscab, 0001 Electrplankton both for emuparadise and OLL, .....

This is now starting to make me think that potc the video game, numbered 5647, which has a game code of BZDP which works perfectly on a DSlite but totally refuses to work on a DSi.

and yet the same game which has a game code of BZDE works fine on both units. and yet it's numbered LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean The Video Game (E)(5687).

but on emup 5647 is 5647 - Magical ZhuZhu Princess - Carriages & Castles (U). (this also coinsides with OLL 072a latest dat file.

(The thought of having to go through every title myself seems a little daunting..... lol

Many thanks for replies and contributions.
    sadsack

edit
    please except my apologies I made a very stupid miscalculation, [and yet the same game which has a game code of BZDE works fine on both units. and yet it's numbered LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean The Video Game (E)(5687).

should have said :
    and yet the same game which has a game code of BZDE works fine on both units. and yet it's numbered LEGO Pirates of The Caribbean - The Video Game (US)(M3)(5711).
    I have no idea why this one works better than the other apart from maybe the people that manipulated the game.

This may well coincide with severe lack of sleep..... lol

p.s.
    this is solely for the purpose of database use, I got the 5711 number from here, http://www.romsite.net/5711-LEGO-Pir...-(US)-nds.html.

If this is against any rules please delete, as i said i only came across it whilst searching for game number data.
    sadsack
    Last edited by sadsack; 6th-March-2012 at 10:57. Reason: mistake on numbering

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Rom dumps will often get redumped better that will fix flash kit compat and maybe even fix DSi compat with flash kit ran games

Pocket Heaven's list also lists a ton of Nukes because those games got dumped again that often fixes all sorts of problems

Also running other versions of a game can fix some problems... the (U) roms are not the only ones to contain english, most the (E) roms also contain english

P.S. DS games and the DS is not region locked with the exception of the New 3DS that is region locked for it's games (3DS might not be region locked for DS software but I have not personly tested that myself with original DS carts only the flash kit, though that has been recognised as a jap games and an american game but I have a EU (UK) region 3DS)

the way they got around my flash kit not being blocked was for it to fake an official game
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-March-2012 at 20:41.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR