Thread: Need help with FFX cheats using PCSX2

Thanks

Default Need help with FFX cheats using PCSX2

Hi all

Im currently playing through FFX using pcsx2, is there anyone that could help me with getting cheats to work please.
    Ive tried using the codebreaker v10 iso, but it doesnt work as im running the game off my Game disc which is pal.

Thanks.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

codebreaker is a US cheat system by the way but you can still use PAL xploder codes on it (Xploder is just the PAL version of Codebreaker that is NTSC, codes for both can be used with either cheat disc)

Personly never felt the need to cheat with the FF games, if anything I have created codes to either make them harder or to add content to them that is normally unatainable.. e.g. debug rooms or unused items/spells
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-January-2012 at 21:41.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

If you are playing the game straight from the disc, then I'd suggest to make an image file(.ISO) first, using any burning software, such as Imgburn.

Like Zorlon have said, Codebreaker only work on USA games, as it contain codes for that region only.
    and sometimes CB won't work very well on PCSX2, and that is why it is recommendable to use the emulator's Cheats system, which is the pnach file.

Thanks
    EP Points

there is a actual cheater for FFX, when i find the link ill grab it for you its a java application

ok its a save editor which i think is better anyways haha, i have used this application myself so you need not worry about using it, tutorital and download here
    Last edited by Bennieboi20; 18th-January-2012 at 20:05.
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

Great Posts guys and very helpfull, i now have it sorted

And zorlon i do understand where your coming from regarding cheats, i have cleared it a few times including 1 perfect game.
    The cheat inquestion i was wanting was Slvl cheat so i can run through the game without the need for grindage, just use a few slvls as and when i need them to beat bosses