Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to connect Catridge Super Nintendo and complie to .iso or Hacking game it?

Thanks

Post How to connect Catridge Super Nintendo and complie to .iso or Hacking game it?

Can You answers it?

:Arc:

1.how to Open File Cartridge in computer and complie to .iso?

2.how to hacking game Super Nintendo?
    Sorry for my Poor English

Supreme Warrior Guest

.iso is a disc image format for CDs or DVDs/Bluray , Cartridges are in Rom format .

and if you want Hacks/Translations go here, http://www.romhacking.net/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Supreme Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RxGian View Post
    Can You answers it?

:Arc:

1.how to Open File Cartridge in computer?
    You have Video tutorial how to do it?

Supreme Warrior Guest

everything you could want is at romhacking.net

all the tools to explore SNES roms and such are there.

I personally dont do any of that, i just play um

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Supreme Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks

which one? I don't know

Supreme Warrior Guest

i have no idea if anyone here is a rom hacker but you may have to go ask in actual rom hacking boards.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hex edit any rom but as for a guide you will have to figure that out on your own (it's different from rom to rom) unless your a programmer that is generally a no no

Graphics.. there are plenty of general tools over at the site mentioned

There are specific game hackers around that are more user friendly that just about anyone can use again at the same site mentioned

Done plenty of rom hacks myself but all using the above I aint no programmer so I'm as limited as anyone, it's not very often that a game is going to be simple to mod in any way n the even the stuff I have done in hex was very basic text edits

The real hackers use assembly code (pfft no idea, go to uni for a few years then start hacking)

If you are talking about actual carts then you need a hackers hardware kit to transfure the rom data from the rom chip on the pcb board

If you have a SNES CD console attachment you just put the roms directly on the disc (a certain format may be used depending on the kit you have)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-January-2012 at 16:44.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

you know what tools? what use the special USB? if it can, I want to be all game cartridges

hey, what can is it? can't damage Laptop?
    Spoiler warning:

Supreme Warrior Guest

you know what tools? what use the special USB? if it can, I want to be all game cartridges

hey, what can is it? can't damage Laptop?
    Spoiler warning:
    Those first 2 pictures are Jokes and the 3rd i have no idea, looks like another joke pic to me.

to dump Cartridges you need special equipment, which you aint getting unless you want to dish about alot of money.

if you want to just play the Games go get the proper emulators.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Most the olde kits used Printer and or serial ports, there was no such thing as USB back in the days of SNES ect..

There are hundreds of mods around most of what looks like what you posted are just empty shells made into something else (there are probobly just memory stick/hard disc drives in game cartrige shells)

There are some cool home modded consoles that got converted to handheld some just got put into other cases like a PSX in a NES case ect...

I will look for some olde dumping kits later

I do beleive there are newer flash kits though for Megadrive/SNES and possibly a few other olde consoles but those will cost you more than the consoles would
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-January-2012 at 06:56.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

what you two know people who have uploaded Roms SNES & Mega Drive console?

I Hope I could erase the data on the cartridge, Because game is just the same and repeatedly in one cartridge

Thanks
    EP Points

what you two know people who have uploaded Roms SNES & Mega Drive console?

I Hope I could erase the data on the cartridge, Because game is just the same and repeatedly in one cartridge
    No.
    http://krikzz.com/everdrive-md.html

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Inferno didn't make it too clear, so I'll guide you a bit.

First, SNES does not use ISOs. It uses ROMs.

Krikzz, amongst others, have developed special carts that can use an SD card.
    You load the games onto the card, not the memory of the cartridge itself.
    You want to MAKE those? You can't. You'd have to learn a shitload of things first, and you will not be able to do it, probably for years.

If you cannot afford getting the cartridges (which you won't find elsewhere) just play the games on an emulator.
    I know how you feel. I'm trying to get a N64 cart for myself, but it costs a lot of money.

Si hablas español te lo paso al castellano, o si falha português puedo fazer um intento de tradução.
    Last edited by The Almighty MegaMan; 10th-January-2012 at 14:47.
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

My Mega Buster can cut the mustard, I'm a flustered amputee
    POW POW!
    Eight robot bosses in eight levels dishevel and revel in devilry,
    I'll steal their weaponry!

I am also known as the "Blue Bomber"
    I could shoot the legs off Jeffrey Dahmer
    Kill a robot fish, kill a robot frog,
    and then I ride off on my robot dog...

JOIN THE SHMUP MANIACS! Arcade & home console 2D shmups!

vThanks button, down herev

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There a few newer flash kits around for SNES and Megadrive but they all cost you a fortune and they don't all work the same way there are kits out that don't use SD/Mico SD's but you do flash directly to the flash kit...

Anyway I personly wouldn't go that way unless they drop the prices (by alot)

I would and do use my original Xbox to instead emulate those system and alot more ranging from Atari consoles to SNES (N64 but not perfect) 32X/Mega CD and PSX, I also have a few Arcade emulators in there aswell

If you realy wanted to use an original Console Pad aswell you can mod the pads to fit the Xbox and use those (or you can mod the Xbox to take standard USB and hack the pads to use USB [Another method is to mod the extention pad cables the Xbox uses to include a USB port]) basicly the Xbox uses USB but does not have standard shaped USB ports on it

Anyway with an Xbox original emulating the good old SNES and Megadrive you not only can get to use the original pads but you get to save a ton of space having 2 or more retro consoles out (I actually have more than 10 emulators of various systems on my Xbox)

You could if you wanted apply filters to the games to help improve the visuals specially if you have a newer TV set thet does not have the natual blur to the image that the old sets have, that made some of the retro graphics a little more pleasing to the eye instead of big solid square pixcels that you get on newer sets (even through poor quality scart you get clearer blocky pixcels)

There are plenty of other advantages aswell as the above... but too lazy to list em all

The only flash kit I would personly get for a retro console would be an N64 one, that is one system that they struggle with emulating perfectly (even officially they have not got it perfect)

.... http://www.tototek.com/store/index.p...=index&cPath=1 <- a nice lil site selling retro flash kits and rom dumpers, mostly second handers as most of those are no longer made

Some nice toys there though, incluing a floppy drive for the megadrive that can dump Genesis games aswell as play them and even plays Master system games on it aswell on your genesis/megadrive...
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-January-2012 at 17:59.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

what is a shitload?

I have a SNES cartridge and Sega Mega Drive cartridges. Do I have to spend lots of money for it? what tool is really hard to find? What we can not revoke its chip on the cartridge?

What Retro tolls is expensive?