Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Best of luck to you sir

Never regreted getting a Dreamcast myself

There are some great games on the good olde Dreamcast worthy of playing through

It even has great support for homebrew aswell, emulators of various systems (from NES to SNES and Mastersystem to Megadrive, aswell as handhelds, though some of the 16 bit games are going to lag) the best homebrew is in the form of ports like Doom and Quake ect... specially Doom with all it's TC mods if you like Doom that is (A keyboard opens a few more doors for other homebrew aswell, keyboards are cheap enough for the Dreamcast got one of mine for 99p and the other was given away to me for free, not just for Typing of the Dead there are text adventures out there, but if that's too retro there are other uses, like some of the older sierasoft point n click adventures that used typed input there is even a port of one of the older ultima games that also uses keyboard, there is more besides those but not off the top of my head

There are also 3 PSX emulators in the form of Bleemcast (it's a single game emulator) supports Metal Gear Solid/Gran Turismo (I forget the 3rd game, it's in the list I linked on the first page of this thread), there is also a hacked beta version of the same emu that can play other games but it lacks support for memcard and FMV cuts, so no good for big RPG's or anything like that

This beast has also had some reasonably recent releases considering official support went away years ago, mostly jap space shooters and a small number of english games

I'm sure I'm missing something there, anyway it's a very nice lil machine to own and if you win yourself one I hope you have as much fun as I have playing with it
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-December-2011 at 21:40.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

You can also burn and watch Movies if you have the right program lol.

Cant remember what its called tho

The Movies must be in VCD format.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

lol thats also on my list , the VCD player, listed as works in VGA but looks horrid, but thats because it is VCD

there are other ways to play video on the dreamcast but I never managed to stop it from going into dark mode then screen saver mode, but the internet disc can be modded to play videos but anything longish will go into dark mode then screen saver mode unfortionatly, but the quality is alot higher than VCD

something to try and hack/mod fully sometime I guess

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I have Been Outbid on that One :-(

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Out of interest how much do they go for in Buy it now or on Amazon

You don't need any games with it, just a PAD and a VMU (Other wires as standard)

Though I guess they are not going to give you dates/model # info on all sales but you can always message the seller

I payed from nothing to £30 (something like £0.00 £15 £25x2 and £30) my kid bro and sister go one each from me and I still have one working one I broke the pad connections (I dropped it while I still had a pad in it) and one I uh killed that I no longer have, think that one I had apart and put a screw through the PCB board by mistake when I put it back together

P.S. don't be put off by my mistakes the machine is very well built and can withstand some hammering before it will stop working
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-December-2011 at 23:54.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Out of interest how much do they go for in Buy it now or on Amazon

You don't need any games with it, just a PAD and a VMU (Other wires as standard)

Though I guess they are not going to give you dates/model # info on all sales but you can always message the seller

I payed from nothing to £30 (something like £0.00 £15 £25x2 and £30) my kid bro and sister go one each from me and I still have one working one I broke the pad connections (I dropped it while I still had a pad in it) and one I uh killed that I no longer have, think that one I had apart and put a screw through the PCB board by mistake when I put it back together

P.S. don't be put off by my mistakes the machine is very well built and can withstand some hammering before it will stop working
    There okay for the Console $20-$30 but the Postage is very Expensive

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I was exspecting you to include postage lol, but yeah kinda was known about the postage, the next best thing is to find a seller that will let you pick it up

Trade in stores (Console ones or even general ones)/Charity stores/Junk stores ect.. may have these consoles for sale aswell

Actually here in the UK they are kinda hard to come by nowerdays not seen one in the trade in Games shops for ages now

P.S. 15 to 30 £ is apx 30 to 60 $... actually not sure on the exchange rate nowerdays so that may not be that accurate

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

I was exspecting you to include postage lol, but yeah kinda was known about the postage, the next best thing is to find a seller that will let you pick it up

Trade in stores (Console ones or even general ones)/Charity stores/Junk stores ect.. may have these consoles for sale aswell

Actually here in the UK they are kinda hard to come by nowerdays not seen one in the trade in Games shops for ages now

P.S. 15 to 30 £ is apx 30 to 60 $... actually not sure on the exchange rate nowerdays so that may not be that accurate
    I been Looking in Cash Conveters and Those Kind of Shops but No Luck So Far.

Though here they are Selling SNES for $95

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay I got myself a Dreamcast off EBay(Not Delivered Yet)

I think it's a US System as it plays NTSC.

So can you give me the Tips to Burn the Games and Play them Please

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

As stated not all NTSC models can play backups... You did get warned

as for burning the latest ImgBurn can be used for cdi images (Dreamcast selfboot CDI CD images)

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?56588 has info about imgburn and cdi dreamcast images (I recomend burning at the slowest speed)

Do look at the above as ImgBurn can't burn multi session cdi's normally, but the above does tell you how to get it working with burning those
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-January-2012 at 17:55.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

As stated not all NTSC models can play backups... You did get warned

as for burning the latest ImgBurn can be used for cdi images (Dreamcast selfboot CDI CD images)

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?56588 has info about imgburn and cdi dreamcast images (I recomend burning at the slowest speed)

Do look at the above as ImgBurn can't burn multi session cdi's normally, but the above does tell you how to get it working with burning those
    Here is the one I brought:

Name:  $(KGrHqJHJ!4E7)unSjIWBO-7yNk8l!~~60_3.JPG
Views: 173
Size:  87.5 KB

Will that one Work?

What about Utopia CD?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The pic tells me nowt except that you have some nice extras, including VGA (very sexy for the Dreamcast, more HD than hdmi )

Utopia is used for booting none selfboot CD images

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]