Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Im a newb please help (playing PSX games on PS2 console)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
    you need to patch the game and burn via a cue file if I can't help you zorlon should be able to.

sorry to inform you but you are very mistaken as ecm is another form of compression (to get the file size down smaller than 7zip is able and to make for a smaller faster upload.) he will indeed have to un-ecm the file.

here is a link to the patch
    http://crimson.emuparadise.org/zorlo...English%5D.zip

it is recommended to use p-pf-omatic to patch the file
    link to ppfomatic
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cd...pf-o-matic.cfm
    link to
    simple cue sheet I made
    zorlon can look at the cue to make sure I done it right this is my first attempt at making one so i don't know if it is right.
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    okay thanks... i guess im confused on the patch part... so i guess i should wait for zorlon? i really hope he's reading this soon

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by d_animality View Post
    just burn it even tho it ends with .ecm? so should i burn it as data disc or what?
    you do realize you are choosing to listen to someone that just signed up to the forums this month like you instead of the administrator (Zorlon) that's been here since 2002 and is one of the two in charge of the sony systems section right?

okay thanks... i guess im confused on the patch part... so i guess i should wait for zorlon? i really hope he's reading this soon
    no problem and even though zorlons status says he is not online that doesn't mean he isn't like most of the mods admins and older members they choose to log in invisible I can understand why with people trying to pm them and talk to them all the time it kind of makes it hard to do their jobs
    i'm sure zorlon will reply promptly.
    Last edited by Knightshade; 16th-December-2011 at 05:59.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
    you do realize you are choosing to listen to someone that just signed up to the forums this month like you instead of the administrator (Zorlon) that's been here since 2002 and is one of the two in charge of the sony systems section right?
    sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Just go with IMGburn it's free and it just works on default settings, the only thing I would change in it would be the burning speed

www.imgburn.com

The issue here is not in the burning but the extracting, the game is compressed so must be extracted, if you don't already have the software to do this I recomend 7-zip for this again another free software

www.7-zip.org

The next thing is to unecm the file

The page you get the game from also has a link to ecmtools that includes unecm

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...3#post1187003j

ust drag the ecm file over unecm and it will output a bin file (included should be a cue file (if not though let me know))

The cue file is what you burn the CD image with

(P.S. this version of Final Fantasy is copy protected so you do require a patch for it or you can get the NTSC version if your TV/Video cable can handle NTSC output, normally an RGB scart can fix that (Not to be confused with a scart converter))
    sorry this is my first time and i dont know if it is copy protected or not... so which one is the NTSC version? is it this one--> http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...c1of4%5D/36904 and i read reviews about it not working properly... is there anyway i can download it without problems? i live in ASIA and i want the english version of ff8
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-December-2011 at 06:38.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

(E) = Europe (PAL-50hz) [Final Fantasy VIII is copy protected for the PAL version]
    (U) = USA (NTSC-60hz) [Final Fantasy VIII is not copy protected for the NTSC version]

Both are enlish

1 download
    2 extract
    3 unecm

If you are playing on your PS2 just burn it with IMGburn via the cue file (I'm sure the (U) version comes with everything needed)

If you are emulating you do not need to burn the disc

The NTSC version works just fine on your console, emulation also works fine but you do need to setup things correctly, the PAL version though as stated is copy protected so you either need to patch the game prior to burning or if you are emulating have a patch in the patches folder if you use ePSXe to emulate

Also running PAL software on an NTSC console that yours is may not display correctly on your TV that is 60Hz for ASIA sets by default but the game is 50Hz (Most newer sets are multiregional, not all though)

P.S. we do not allow double posting here but you can edit your posts via the "edit post" option on the lower right of each post you make
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-December-2011 at 06:45.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

(E) = Europe (PAL-50hz) [Final Fantasy VIII is copy protected for the PAL version]
    (U) = USA (NTSC-60hz) [Final Fantasy VIII is not copy protected for the NTSC version]

Both are enlish

1 download
    2 extract
    3 unecm

If you are playing on your PS2 just burn it with IMGburn via the cue file (I'm sure the (U) version comes with everything needed)

If you are emulating you do not need to burn the disc

The NTSC version works just fine on your console, emulation also works fine but you do need to setup things correctly, the PAL version though as stated is copy protected so you either need to patch the game prior to burning or if you are emulating have a patch in the patches folder if you use ePSXe to emulate

Also running PAL software on an NTSC console that yours is may not display correctly on your TV that is 60Hz for ASIA sets by default but the game is 50Hz (Most newer sets are multiregional, not all though)

P.S. we do not allow double posting here but you can edit your posts via the "edit post" option on the lower right of each post you make
    great thanks the Europe version does not come with .cue file and at the moment im donwloading the NTSC-U version.... will get back to you if there is no .cue file.. anyway sorry for the double posting

Hello there.. so i already done downloading the file.... when i extracted it using 7-zip.. it comes with folders and inside there are files with name by "Final Fantasy VIII [NTSC-U] [Disc1of4] [SLUS-00892] but with extension:

1).ccd
    2).cue
    3).img.ecm
    4).sub

so my question is... should i unecm the no.3 or just straight imgburn the .cue file??
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 16th-December-2011 at 16:12. Reason: use the EDIT button, don't double post!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

The former, unecm the ecm file using this guide:

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?57757

Thanks

hello okay i know already how to unecm the file but how about burning them into the disc which one should i choose?

attached pic is the files that is downloaded... i want to burn them into cd and play it on my PS2 ConsoleName:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  37.4 KB

Thanks
    EP Points

confused

Unemc it then burn the file that you get

Zorlon states above to burn the CUE file buddy
    Last edited by Darklinky; 16th-December-2011 at 16:38.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Darklinky For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Darklinky is correct just burn via the cue file

ccd and cue files do exactly the same thing

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

okay i got it worked now!! THANKS!!!!!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No problem... It was a shame that you got led up the path by some bad info at first though , so just happy you got there in the end

For you I would recomend trying to get NTSC (U) versions of the games you want

P.S. I do have all the missing cue sheets if you find a game that needs one I also have most the patches for protected games (not all copy protected games have patches though)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-December-2011 at 17:46.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Wait... there aren't PS1 emulators for PS2?

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks

No problem... It was a shame that you got led up the path by some bad info at first though , so just happy you got there in the end

For you I would recomend trying to get NTSC (U) versions of the games you want

P.S. I do have all the missing cue sheets if you find a game that needs one I also have most the patches for protected games (not all copy protected games have patches though)
    LoL yeah... but i learned a lot from those misleadings ... i waste 3 CDs tho... but its okay... it makes me know what to do.. thanks to you mate.. okay i will get back again to this place if i need more help

lol sorry i dont understand what u mean, u can ask the other members im so new in this sorry

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Englebert3rd View Post
    Half n half the PS2 has native backward compatibility for PSone/PSX games that is part emulation & part hardware with a couple of enhancments, not much though to be honest in the way of enhancment, Bleamcast! for the Dreamcast has beter enhancments lol but that is an emulator on a disc rather than having it built in like the PS2 that was built to still support older hardware games

Englebert3rd is without a bix

the PS2 emulates the PSX with both hardware and software all built into the system, therefore it has a PSX emulator for the PS2

the PSP is the same in that it has a PSX emulator built into the firmware rather than requiring a seperate prog
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-December-2011 at 21:32.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Hello Zorlon, i want this game so bad --> http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays..._%28E%29/51940 but it was PAL version, i found the NTSC version from other web but that was japanese version, can u or anyone else help me on this? so that i can play it on my PS2 Console, thank you so much in advance, this place helped me a lot!!