Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UbiSoft must really hate PC gamers. A lot.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Qwelzaar View Post
    I have a suggestion for the guys at Ubisoft. Now, this may sound crazy, but how about releasing a game that's worth the money and not a pain the ass to play? The DRM they use is terrible and punishes paying customers rather than pirates. It reminds me of a picture I saw explaining why people pirate movies. Basically, when you buy a movie you have to go through a bunch of bullshit before you can even watch it. When you pirate a movie, though, you press play and the movie starts right away. It's the same situation with games. I'm not going to pay $50 for a broken game and then bend over backwards just so I can install a day one patch, and then finally play the game only to realize it's a shitty game anyway. And that's not even taking into account how many developers release paid DLC that includes content that should already be in the game.
    The DRM is unquestionably atrocious. I could hold a rant worth several dozen pages if I got up to steam, touching on companies like EA, UbiSoft, and others. Capcom had an exceptionally hilarious one-off case of idiocy. I'll restrain myself, in other words. While I don't agree with using it as a cheap excuse, I definitely feel that DRM only works to make piracy WORSE in most cases.

Thanks

Beyond Good & Evil - "We are working on the sequel," says Ubisoft. . .in 2013 it'll be a decade since the original game was shipped. Practically the same thing as Duke Nukem and look how that turned out. . .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ivo Robotnik View Post
    The DRM is unquestionably atrocious. I could hold a rant worth several dozen pages if I got up to steam, touching on companies like EA, UbiSoft, and others. Capcom had an exceptionally hilarious one-off case of idiocy. I'll restrain myself, in other words. While I don't agree with using it as a cheap excuse, I definitely feel that DRM only works to make piracy WORSE in most cases.
    Yeah, I can't think of a single way DRM would have a legitimate negative effect on piracy. At the very worst, it's going to delay the release of a hacked version of the game. Pirates are still going to get the game, and they're still going to have an easier time playing it than paying customers. Personally, I'm waiting to see how long it takes for always-online DRM to appear on consoles if it hasn't already.
    We got so much in common, except when it comes to rhyming
    She feel like lyrics are so intrusive, but I feel about her the way she feels about music
    She's cute, she don't like the words, she just likes the beat and I'm thinking me too

Thanks

Their PC Port of Rainbow Six Vegas sealed the deal for me. Their auto-update that prevents you from playing the game without it prevents me from playing it on Vista when it patched (it is an XP only title/ another WTF I may add). The retail version on the other hand allows me to play it on Vista. So, in order for me to play it, I have to disable my internet access every time I start it up for it to work, with bugs included. I used to like their games. I just don't remember any good game they published within the past 5 years. Vegas itself was cheesy and predictable every second of the way.

First scene, 'oh there is that terrorist chick we are supposed to kill. Let's listen to her monologue for about 20 seconds, get ambushed, and try to find her all over again.' Freakin' terrible.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What happened to the UbiSoft that released my copy of Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna? No install limits, the CD key already loaded into the game when I install it, no hassles at all...

Time sure does ruin everything.

Thanks

Ubisoft Died for me when they killed off Shadowbane. It was the only MMO I ever liked =(

Thanks

Each company having their own DRM on top of distributing it through something like Steam, which no matter how much I like is still DRM, is ridiculous. I have Assassin's Creed 2 sitting in my library and whenever I launch the game and Ubisoft asks me to create account and be reminded I have to be always online I just exit the game in disgust. Risen sits in my Steam account and that thing requires tages. I have heard horror stories of the things tages does so I am a bit weary of installing that too. I should download a cracked executable or something but I shouldn't have to do that to play a game a legally purchased damn it. That and I'm scared of catching aids from such sites.

Supreme Warrior Guest

which capcom game might that be?

Thanks
    EP Points

Im Sorry but TBH, Ubisoft is a Terrible Game Dev IMO, like they just released the New "Rayman Wii Game" yea its a platforms so you think they cant F*** this 1 up, But you would be wrong. My Friend and I Played it For 15 mins and Started Laughing at how bad this game is , like its just no point to the game just Jump walk , walk ,walk ,walk attack , jump. At least With Liek DKC 1-3 For SNES there's like collecting the Balloons , Saving other Kong's Etc a Purpose and TBH the Graphics from DKC are Better then Raymon Wii.

Thats Just My opinion Tho
    Last edited by Crazymooshu; 14th-December-2011 at 22:26.

Computer Specs
    Spoiler warning:
    Processor: AMD FX PileDriver FX-8350 8 Core CPU ~4.0GHz (4.2GHz When Turbe Kicks in )
    Memory: 16GB AMD Entertainment Edition Ram Sticks (4x4096)
    Hard Drives: 180GB OCZ Vertex SSD for OS 1TB For Games 750GB For Data 500GB for Movies and Ubuntu)
    DVD Drive:1 ASUS Blu-Ray Burner and 2 DVD burners
    Video Card: Asus GeForce 660
    Motherboard: ASUS M5A97
    Power Supply: OCZ ModXstream 650 Watt
    Computer Case: Cooler Master Strom Stryker (White)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Warrior View Post
    which capcom game might that be?
    Late reply? Me? Never.

The game I had in mind was Dark Void: Zero. This game is an 8-bit retro style game, released on april 12th 2010 by Capcom. It features a SecuROM 5 machine activation limit DRM. On a game that costs FOUR EUROS. What benighted moron came up with the idea of putting highly punitive DRM in a 4-euro retro game!?

Kouen already ran into the idiocy that was that DRM, and had this to say in a recommendation through steam: "Not Recommended. SecuRom with Limited Machine Activation that ONLY Capcom can reset. SecuROM arnt allowed toodo it as per Capcom's Demands. Emailing Capcom support to reset your activations is ls retarded so far ive waited 5 days without reply.

Game itself is nice enough but the hassle with the DRM makes it not worth it and its Idiotic of Capcom to Put such a heavy DRM on a 3.99€ Game"

I can only agree with it, thank god I saw the idiocy just before buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazymooshu View Post
    Im Sorry but TBH, Ubisoft is a Terrible Game Dev IMO, like they just released the New "Rayman Wii Game" yea its a platforms so you think they cant F*** this 1 up, But you would be wrong. My Friend and I Played it For 15 mins and Started Laughing at how bad this game is , like its just no point to the game just Jump walk , walk ,walk ,walk attack , jump. At least With Liek DKC 1-3 For SNES there's like collecting the Balloons , Saving other Kong's Etc a Purpose and TBH the Graphics from DKC are Better then Raymon Wii.

Thats Just My opinion Tho
    You've realised. Still, Rayman Origins could or could not be atrocious, I want to make up my own mind there.

Or rather, wanted. I'm not buying another UbiSoft product. Miserable bloody wankers that they are. Pardon me.

Thanks

The last UbiSoft developed game I played was Silent Hunter 5, I think. Once the pirate community fixed the whole always online issue with it, I enjoyed it. And yes, I payed for it, but when we moved I lost internet unless I went to the library for the first 2 months or so. There are games that Ubi PUBLISHES, but otherwise don't touch that I enjoy, such as the iL2 series of games. However, something that these game companies fail to realize is that when it comes to games on the PC, the reason most people (that I talk to anyhow) pirate games is because the game companies have this idea that making a demo of the game was a waste of time, and so for the most part have stopped doing so, so those of us who want to see if we'll enjoy a game without wasting $60 is to download the entire game. And if we don't like it, of course we aren't going to buy it.

Thanks

whats funny is most games coming out nowadays are harder to actually get installed/downloaded/booted up then the pirates make it...im gonna use skyrim as an example, i bought the game legitamately but when it came down to getting it loaded on my computer, i wasn't ready to wait 12 hours (was on a shared connection at a lan party) to even start the download...so i pirated it and was up and running within the hour!

Thanks
    EP Points

i think the only good games Ubisoft have right now are Rayman based anyway

Complete List of their games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ubisoft_games

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    i think the only good games Ubisoft have right now are Rayman based anyway

Complete List of their games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ubisoft_games
    Funny enough, I loved Ubisoft because of the first Rayman. Before they were a pretty good company, gotta hate it when they change management.

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    EP Points

isn't it the only french gaming company?

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean