Thread: ePSXe Crashing for No Apparent Reason.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default ePSXe Crashing for No Apparent Reason.

I've been playing Star Ocean on ePSXe (1.5.2) lately, and it has been working fine.
    Today however when I went to turn on ePSXe I got a black screen with a message simply saying "A problem has caused the program to stop working."

Nothing has changed from yesterday, I know I can run this game and how to configure setting and such, it just really doesn't want to run.
    I tried restarting my computer, reconfiguring everything, using a different emu (I have 1.5.2,1.6, and 1.7 on here), it isn't connected to the internet so I doubt I got some horrible ePSXe attacking virus. I'm stumped so any ideas would be appreciated.
    Sitting at work with no Star Ocean sucks.

Oh, I tried running other games and nothing works.

Thanks

hmm its like with my problem with castlevania sotn when it works fine for the most part but stops working when i want to save i wind up having to use save states

although the best thing i can say is get a newer version i got 170 and it works a lot better
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-November-2011 at 22:00.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Reconfig using the Wizard guide, see if that helps (that is in the hope that it resets everything)

I would also pick pete's soft plugin for vid

P.S. whats wrong with working at work

Otherwise you can regedit out all the ePSXe entries (warning though messing on with reg can fuck up the PC, if you don't know what you are doing, so just stick to the ePSXe parts in there)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-November-2011 at 22:13.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 1,802 Times in 288 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I've been playing Star Ocean on ePSXe (1.5.2) lately, and it has been working fine.
    Today however when I went to turn on ePSXe I got a black screen with a message simply saying "A problem has caused the program to stop working."

Nothing has changed from yesterday, I know I can run this game and how to configure setting and such, it just really doesn't want to run.
    I tried restarting my computer, reconfiguring everything, using a different emu (I have 1.5.2,1.6, and 1.7 on here), it isn't connected to the internet so I doubt I got some horrible ePSXe attacking virus. I'm stumped so any ideas would be appreciated.

Maybe the direction at your workplace installed some program preventing their employees to play games when they're supposed to work... is it a company-owned PC or your private laptop that you bring along with you (since I have no idea what your job is)?

As for the ePSXe hating virus... like you said, not likely to happen, since it's kinda unlikely to catch such shit with no Internet, and doubt that you'd be stupid enough to (let someone else) put an infected Stick in the Company's PC

Don' worry, it won't hurt... that much!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post

have u tried using different psx emulators like pSX that one sometimes play games a lot better like for me it plays re2 a lot better than epsxe so try that one

Thanks
    EP Points

I got it working earlier after I'd messed with it a bit more, thanks guys.
    Apparently, ePSXe refuses to work if you don't have speakers plugged in.
    I'm being 100% honest, I went to turn on itunes to have some music and noticed I'd kicked out the sound and plugged it back in.
    Started ePSXe immediately after and it worked.

Seriously though, I have no idea why plugging my sound back in fixed it.
    And for clarification purposes, I had already ran the wizard on all 3 versions so that was out, thanks though Zorlon, I'm always glad to see you helping.
    And more clarification, I'm the only one who works here, and I'm the manager.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

LOL your PC is a freak thats the first time I have ever heard of speakers effecting anything on any PC asides from sound output not working... doh...

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR