Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading Wii Firmware

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Upgrading Wii Firmware

I hope this is the right forum for this... please forgive me if it's not!

Anyway, I want to play Skyward Sword like BURNING, but I believe it requires the WiiMotion Plus add on? Well, I hacked my Wii to play burned games and install my own WADs literally JUST before firmware version 4.3 was released, and before the WiiMotion add-on was released. I get a BSOD when I go to play the WiiMotion Sports game, and I occasionally get BSODs on certain games just having the WiiMotion Plus add-on connected to my controllers.

So, naturally, I know I'm going to need to update my Wii before I even attempt to play Skyward Sword. Could someone kindly give me some tips to do this safely?
    ~.oO Destiny is SO Overrated Oo.~

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SkylaDoragono For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok first off what is BSOD? I know wii but never heard that lol

Dont matter what firmware you are on for wii-motion. When you say before you play Skyward sword , where are you upto? do you have the iso coz if not i got megaupload links and all the new wads you need

Which are all my own links

Thanks
    EP Points

...sir, you are completely incomprehensible to me, and I get the feeling you didn't even read my post properly.

I never said I've played Skyward Sword before. I can't because my Wii comes up with a Blue Screen Of Death (I believe it's called an 002 error, but I'm not sure; all I remember is that the screen was blue, hence using BSOD to describe it) every time I play a game that requires the WiiMotion Plus, and also occasionally when I just have the WiiMotion Plus addons on my controllers.

For example, one time I as playing Bleach Versus Crusade with some friends. We had left the WiiMotion Plus accessories on the controllers so as not to lose them. All of a sudden one player's character stopped responding to the remote. We tried to reset the game, and a BSOD came up. We reset the system, started playing again, and it happened again. This time, I paused the game, removed the WiiMotion accessories, and everything worked fine.

I just want to be able to upgrade my Firmware so this doesn't happen again, and I can play Skyward Sword and any other WiiMotion Plus game without any glaring issues like these Blue Screens.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SkylaDoragono For This Useful Post:

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

You can find an NTSC-U dload at Wiiiso.com, or a PAL version here at EP.

There are some WAD files packaged with the NTSC-U Dload that will allow the game to run. You also need a new version of Neogamma V9 at least, or a new usb loader.

Firmware revision doesn't matter, I'm running an NTSC-U copy on a PAL 3.2 Wii.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackhammer For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    You can find an NTSC-U dload at Wiiiso.com, or a PAL version here at EP.

There are some WAD files packaged with the NTSC-U Dload that will allow the game to run. You also need a new version of Neogamma V9 at least, or a new usb loader.

Firmware revision doesn't matter, I'm running an NTSC-U copy on a PAL 3.2 Wii.
    Ditto

And I use Motion Plus

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SkylaDoragono View Post
    ...sir, you are completely incomprehensible to me, and I get the feeling you didn't even read my post properly.

I never said I've played Skyward Sword before. I can't because my Wii comes up with a Blue Screen Of Death (I believe it's called an 002 error, but I'm not sure; all I remember is that the screen was blue, hence using BSOD to describe it) every time I play a game that requires the WiiMotion Plus, and also occasionally when I just have the WiiMotion Plus addons on my controllers.

For example, one time I as playing Bleach Versus Crusade with some friends. We had left the WiiMotion Plus accessories on the controllers so as not to lose them. All of a sudden one player's character stopped responding to the remote. We tried to reset the game, and a BSOD came up. We reset the system, started playing again, and it happened again. This time, I paused the game, removed the WiiMotion accessories, and everything worked fine.

I just want to be able to upgrade my Firmware so this doesn't happen again, and I can play Skyward Sword and any other WiiMotion Plus game without any glaring issues like these Blue Screens.
    Ok i will put it easier, I said that IT DONT matter what firmware you are. GOT IT. good

And i said i a have a copy of the game if you needed it with the fixes to be able to play the game..

And i put it nicer

Thanks
    EP Points

But what if I wish to actually purchase the game? I'm sorry, but Zelda is one game series I'll actually support.

And these patches are just for this single game? So I will still have issues with the WiiMotion Plus on other games?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SkylaDoragono For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

The fixes are not just for this game they allow you to play all up to date games including MW3 and the new kirby game.

And if you want to buy the bloody game, i am not saying not to

damn im going back to play Skyward Sword seeing as i know how too

Thanks
    EP Points

Well excuse me, your worship. When it comes to hacking the Wii, there's quite a lot that I don't know about. Forgive me for treading on your dainty, un-punctuated pride.

Where is this WAD pack downloadable?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SkylaDoragono For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I will pm you the link coz cant post it here ok x

Thanks
    EP Points

Thank you kindly.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SkylaDoragono For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

You should have them now, enjoy

Thanks

Wow. This thread had me at the edge of my seat.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ch13696 For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I personly will be buying the game aswell as having it on my HDD.

If you have hacked the Wii correctly playing original games and backups should be no issue at all aslong as you have updates blocked both via online and disc updates so your softmod never gets messed up.

If game x requires an update of somesort you can usually just update whatever IOS updates yourself and still have a fully working softmod on your Wii

Also in just about every backup launcher there is a 002 error fix for those games that require it

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, I do know to have any and all updates blocked, and my Wii has not had WiiConnect or whatever it's called active since I hacked it. So, with what Darklinky gave me, and my original hack, I will hopefully be able to play it right out of the box when I pick up my copy on Wednesday.

Thank goodness, because I can't wait to swing that awesome gold remote around like an idiot. :B