Thread: System Requirements

Thanks

Default System Requirements

What are the system requirements for xeon and cxbx emulator???

I have 512 mb ram, Pentium 4 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce FX 5500 256 mb Graphics Card.

Can i play on these emulators???

Thanks

I would say no, your computer is quite old and it takes a modern rig to play a emulator from that era, not that you should feel bad because neither of those emulators work very well, you'll be lucky if you get a game to work at all let alone well and be playable the whole game. Yeah for some reason Xbox emulation never took off like Gamecube and PS2, but you might be able to find either a Gamecube, PS2 or PC port of a lot of games (Halo 1 and 2 included). Sadly, like I said your computer isn't good enough for emulating a PS2 or Gamecube, however if you're lucky you can find a PC version of the game you want to play. What did you have in mind anyways?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

From what I can see that emulator will only play 5 games.

http://shogun3d-cxbx.blogspot.com/20...t-updated.html

As already mentioned, your hardware is not good enough.......and PC versions of Xbox games exist anyway.
    If you really want to play Xbox games, use a real console.

Thanks

But in requirements of xeon it says ....need pentium 3 and nvidia geforce fx series graphics card...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I don't know about the requirements for xeon.......I think that's the emu that only plays Halo (but maybe I'm wrong).

My previous post was about cxbx, which seems to have some updated info and apparently can actually play 5 games.

Even if your hardware meets the absolute minimum requirements, it does not mean the games will run at proper full speed and without any issues.

Like I already said, use a real console.
    People give them away (I have 2 at the moment)......and they are easy to mod.

Thanks

What games are you trying to play anyways? They may be on other systems. Halo for instance has a PC version, there are a lot of games that have PS2 equivalents (and sometimes Gamecube and they tend of have better graphics but multiable disks [normal dvd=4.3gigs, Gamecube mini DVD=1.2gigs or so]). However I don't think your computer can run a PS2 or Gamecube emulator and deadlegion is right, there is a difference between minimum requirements and what would allow the game to play well. Many Xbox PC games may work (Knights of the Old Republic, Halo 1 (not 2), Morrowind, Fable The Lost Chapters, and I think Psychonauts all work on a friend of mine's computer about as strong as yours (although perhaps just a bit better, they're worth a try) although you may need to run them ugly (lowest settings).

Thanks
    EP Points

I wouldnt bother using either of those emulators they are both shit, Get yourself a psx emu and play some good games. Or geturself a decent pc to emulate ps2. OR get a real xbox or ps2 And softmod, As has been said xbox emulation is shite.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Buy yourself an xbox hack it then emulate other consoles

My Xbox plays....
    Xbox games ... doh
    Playstation games
    N64 games
    SNES and NES games
    Megadrive & Mega CD games
    Mastersystem games
    GameGear games
    GameBoy games
    GameBoy Advance games
    PC Engine games
    Arcade games up to CPS3 system games
    It does do more than that aswell but not got all day to sit and list them all

My PS2 is also softmodded but only play PS2 games on it to be honest

The Dreamcast doesn't even need to be softmodded you just need to get selfbootable CD images and burn them to a normal CD (for the US model though you do need to get a model made in certain date ranges)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Wow Dreamcast's anti piracy fails, but didn't it have an encryption that tool years to do? Whatever. Personally I use my computer for all that, but I have a link to my TV and a long Xbox 360 controller wire. Good for anything except Xbox games that don't have PC ports, but I don't want to play those anyways. Sadly for the Op I think his computer can only do up to N64 and PSX, or at least PSX with software plugin. There isn't just one thing that needs upgraded for anything better, it's everything and PS2 and Gamecube games need a heft computer (mine mostly works but not perfectly, and I have an AMD Phenom X4 @ 3.570Ghz [no voltage increase because I don't have good enough cooling {at least I have an aftermarket cooler}]). That cost me 90$ because my motherboard unlocked two cores and overclocked it from 3.2Ghz, normally it costs around $150 and Intel is better but costs more. A good graphics card is $150 to $200 (I only have an $80 entry grade but it's good enough for any emulation [except some PS2 games in HD] but that's going to change soon). You pretty much need at least 2Gigs if you have a modern operating system with emulator, but it's not as important as a good processor. Of course there's the motherboard for holding all that, a case, a power supply, cooling, optional DVD drive, and anything I might have missed. Overall it's cheaper to build it yourself, but as you can see it's still expensive, and ultimately you're better off with a console. I'm not going to be one of those rich asses that'll say "Just get a new computer" because it's taken me years of steady upgrades to afford my mid range computer (I don't have a job). So OP, if you're still here, just know it's a steep entry fee but it's worth it.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Dreamcast had no encryption at all, the original media GD-Rom was only readable by the actual Dreamcast and development machines this was the copy protection (and machines that pressed the discs) the way it was done was by streaming the data to a PC via a serial link (later via BBA) (much later to a SD card via the Dreamcasts Serial port (within the last few years))

The Dreamcast was able to run Mil-CD's mostly jap releases used Mil-CD format though that was a normal CD with two sessions on it

The game data was kept as it was originally in the rips a few games would not fit onto a standard CD-Rom so for those games FMV and Sound files got downsampled but nothing was taken out totally and then made into a Mil-CD (aka selfbootable)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR