Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: are analogue controllers supported by ePSXe?

Thanks

Default are analogue controllers supported by ePSXe?

the title says it all really.... its just ive recently downloaded gran turismo 2 n the analogue wont work on it.

is it just a case of certain games supporting analogue controllers?

and yes before anyone says.... it is configured to use 1.

Thanks
    EP Points

yup. Any game that has it (which GT2 does) of course can be used. (Even if it doesn't but that's another story)

If it's all configured properly it should be working, I think the menus may have been used with the d-pad though for that game can't remember. If in game it's not working hit F5 to cycle through the controller types.

Edit: oh and before I forget I believe there were some options in game as well for analog settings you may wish to have a peek at.
    Last edited by Zaladane; 16th-October-2011 at 18:06.

Thanks

Thankyou pixie a few tweaks on the settings n alls gd, how about rumble? that doesnt seem to be workin... (just to point out, this is a new analogue controller n wasnt sure if the analogue side of things would work or not)

Thanks
    EP Points

Under the spot where you can pick the different type of controllers there should be an option for forcefeedback something like big motor and small motor and pick sine for both, make sure you have dual shock selected though as the dual analog didn't have rumble. Once again you may also have to switch this on in the options in-game itself.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post:

Thanks

hmmmm..... ok ive done as you said but still no rumble, any other ideas?

Thanks
    EP Points

i have as of yet to see anything that works well with any emulator for the psx for rumble from what i've seen it's pretty much hit or miss for any game. I'm just thankful that the joysticks work.

Thanks

well i've never had any probs with controllers for ePSXe, but this is the 1st USB analogue i've had, i can live without rumble tho, is no biggy, would have been nice to have it working fully.... maybe on a different ROM!!!

thanks folks

Thanks
    EP Points

You may have to install/update the drivers for force feedback with your controller. What controller are you using? Did it come with a disc?

The standard plugin that comes with epsxe 1.7 should be fine as well unless you've changed it, if you're not using that version of epsxe then I recommend you get it.

You may also have to activate the rumble feature from any gamepad control panel that came with it and some controllers come with an actual rumble button that you'd have to press (logitech rumblepad 2 comes to mind) check on these and let us know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    You may have to install/update the drivers for force feedback with your controller. What controller are you using? Did it come with a disc?

The standard plugin that comes with epsxe 1.7 should be fine as well unless you've changed it, if you're not using that version of epsxe then I recommend you get it.

You may also have to activate the rumble feature from any gamepad control panel that came with it and some controllers come with an actual rumble button that you'd have to press (logitech rumblepad 2 comes to mind) check on these and let us know.
    ok, well i'm using 1.7 and i dont think ive altered anything to do with the rumble other than the rumble settings in the gamepad settings also looking back at your recent post: the game wont let me access the analogue settings (1st thing i tried)

now concerning the controller itself: there is an analogue button which needs activating, but no rumble button. and unfortunately for me the controller is a cheapy that didnt come with any disc nor does it have a make/manufacturer (bought from ebay), the only driver is the one it installs itself when plugged in, which is: HID-compliant game controller, which having done some research doesnt seem to support the rumble feature on ANY controllers, and all the updates for the said drivers only seem to be for the xbox controllers, so if you know of anywhere that offers generic game controller drivers later than 2001 for XP feel free to let me know, as i cant seem to find any(i have looked myself, i dont expect to have my hand held) lol

Thanks
    EP Points

ok, but you're sure the controller itself does support rumble then, driver not withstanding?

Either way I'll poke around. There's gotta be something somewhere for it

EDIT: any model numbers could prove useful as well. Also maybe a profiler like xpadder could have an option to enable this, I'll check on that too. Which is handy to have anyways
    Last edited by Zaladane; 17th-October-2011 at 01:39.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1234 View Post
    how about rumble? that doesnt seem to be workin.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathneko11 View Post
    i have as of yet to see anything that works well with any emulator for the psx for rumble. I'm just thankful that the joysticks work.
    you can both try this from my thread it works with my x-box 360 pad full rumble in all games that support it in epsxe 1.5.2 and 1.7.0

just google the programs to find them.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...force+feedback

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    EP Points

I am ashamed to admit that i dont fully understand the directions listed on that page. that might however have something to do with lack of sleep past couple days......could you please explain them a little clearer for a foggy headed student such as myself?

Thanks
    EP Points

OK to break it down and provide links is my goal with this post all steps are run as administrator is because the user account control in windows will not allow you to preform some operations.

the first step is to make sure your Microsoft visual c++ is up to date and can be downloaded and installed from here http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...s.aspx?id=5555

the next step is to install and run driver signature enforcement over rider in test mode(an option in the program) this allows you to install unsigned drivers in windows vista and windows 7 (which are blocked automatically in vista and 7) and will not work if you do not run as an administrator. the program can be downloaded here. http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=F...eme&dwn_id=826 test mode requires a windows restart.

XBCD is a driver for the 360 controller since the Microsoft default driver sucks due to problems when emulating such as the one mentioned in the above post. it can be found here. http://download.cnet.com/XBCD-XBox-G...0_4-82683.html

since Microsoft windows will not detect xbcd as an updated driver and install it automatically you will need to do it your self by going to windows start menu(windows key)> control panel>hardware and sound>device manager> (here's where it may get tricky)
    your controller will be under either sound video and game controllers or (where mine is) human interface devices when you've found your control right click and go to update driver software>browse my computer for driver software>let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer> find and select XBCD.

done.

note: this fix is designed specifically for 360 pads but I've read reports it works with other control types as well so it can't hurt to try.
    And on a separate side note to the OP as stated above make sure your pad supports force feedback(vibration)
    just because it has analog doesn't mean it has force feedback.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    EP Points

ok thank you. and you said this may work with a ps3 controller as well? the information is much appreciated.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Could you post an image of your pad or any extra info as to the exact type of pad?

Maybe even an ebay link

It could very well just not have any type of force feedback

Personly have force feedback working on my 360 pad but I just installed the driver just for that on it's own

Though I may well install the XBCD version anyway... been wanting to for ages just never get round to it and/or forget about it

HID is a now old standard (there is a new method being introduced) but that alone will not support rumble, it is normal that you would need an extra driver for rumble, or driver software that includes rumble aswell as the standard HID driver

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR