Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy X Remake/Remaster

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    I never played FF6, but I'd be willing to play maybe a 3DS remake. I liked the FF3 DS remake.
    You do know that 6 and 3 are the EXACT SAME GAME, right? But, okay. You never played 6...

As for remaking 10, 8 (waste an hour drawing spells) and 10 (depressing) are the most flat looking, boring games in the series. 1 was better than either of them. Instead of remaking crappy games, they should focus on making a decent or better NEW game. I think something along the lines of a FF game set in a galactic war with something akin to Spelljammer ships from AD&D and demons from the spaces between space, e.g. outside of galaxies.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    You do know that 6 and 3 are the EXACT SAME GAME, right? But, okay. You never played 6...
    Final Fantasy 6 in Japan is Final Fantasy 3 in the US.
    FF3 in japan is, well FF3. Maybe he means 6 but is talking about 3 over the confusion because square is retarded.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Hey, don't be so mad at him when you're the one being confused. He was talking about FF3 - the actual FF3. Or more specifially, its DS remake. This one.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Final Fantasy Physics. Nobody understands their numbers.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

i wonder why they don't released the three FF on PS0ne on HD instead this one?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Lightya View Post
    i wonder why they don't released the three FF on PS0ne on HD instead this one?
    The expense of engine rebuilds and redesigns, most likely. I'm not sure if you noticed, but based on the trend of their recent remakes, they seem to be shifting from the older straight-remakes exemplified in the PS1 Final Fantasy Chronicles and Anthology to fundamental redesigns along the lines of Final Fantasy 3 and the first SaGa trilogy, all of which had completely new engines built for them. Even the recent Chrono Trigger DS remake had additional content added to further integrate it with Chrono Cross despite the fact that the latter game is over a decade old by this point, in contrast to the more superficial tweaks in the PS1 remake included in the aforementioned Chronicles. As pointed out by Ray, any work on 7, 8, or 9 would require far more work to update from the Playstation 1 engine and graphical limitations to the PS3's capabilities and modern expectations, compared to the relatively minor work of the PS2 engine of FFX that already had reverse compatibility with early versions of the PS3. Squeenix doesn't seem willing to half-ass it, and even if they did, the fan outcry would be...entertaining, to say the least.

Still, a remake of Final Fantasy X is an interesting choice, come to think of it. I wonder if they're planning something else with the PS3-compatible engine that would result from such a remake, given the relative lack of time between the original release of the game and now (it's planned for the ten-year anniversary, but even so, in terms of game generations, it's less than one would have normally expected).
    Last edited by Mistral; 6th-November-2011 at 03:31.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mistral For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    The expense of engine rebuilds and redesigns, most likely. I'm not sure if you noticed, but based on the trend of their recent remakes, they seem to be shifting from the older straight-remakes exemplified in the PS1 Final Fantasy Chronicles and Anthology to fundamental redesigns along the lines of Final Fantasy 3 and the first SaGa trilogy, all of which had completely new engines built for them. Even the recent Chrono Trigger DS remake had additional content added to further integrate it with Chrono Cross despite the fact that the latter game is over a decade old by this point, in contrast to the more superficial tweaks in the PS1 remake included in the aforementioned Chronicles. As pointed out by Ray, any work on 7, 8, or 9 would require far more work to update from the Playstation 1 engine and graphical limitations to the PS3's capabilities and modern expectations, compared to the relatively minor work of the PS2 engine of FFX that already had reverse compatibility with early versions of the PS3. Squeenix doesn't seem willing to half-ass it, and even if they did, the fan outcry would be...entertaining, to say the least.

Still, a remake of Final Fantasy X is an interesting choice, come to think of it. I wonder if they're planning something else with the PS3-compatible engine that would result from such a remake, given the relative lack of time between the original release of the game and now (it's planned for the ten-year anniversary, but even so, in terms of game generations, it's less than one would have normally expected).
    I think this post pretty much explains to a T why they decided not to go with the PS1 Final Fantasies. What one must realise is that, compared to Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX, the older games are relatively easier to re-make. The areas in them were generally on a smaller scale, and only tend to work in four directions: North, south, east, and west. Remaking those would be simpler than to create the rather more complex areas of the PS1 era games. Contradictorily though, the PS2 era games would be easier to remake because the engines are closer to what is used today, and thus easier to reverse-engineer for simple updates. If they were to add all-new content, and all new systems, you'll probably find that it'll be based on one of the systems from a newer FF, such as XIII. Which is why I hope that it'll be a graphical update with some minor extras, not a complete overhaul. If they replace the battle system, I shall be sad.

And the remake of Final Fantasy X is relatively explicable Mistral. The game has a very large fanbase, and given the sheer fiasco that was Final Fantasy XIV (from which they are still bleeding money at a rapid rate), this is in many ways an easy cash-in. Perhaps I'm being cynical, but that's what makes sense to me.

Thanks

Been there, done that. I feel no need to play thorough it again, even if it is in 720p. I enjoyed X - as cheesy as it was - it was a fun romp. In fact, I played through it twice, so I could try spec'ing my characters differently.

Seems an unusual choice for a remake, IMO. Then again, I did play it through twice, so I'm sure some wouldn't mind a redo.

I think they should remake PS1 games instead.

Thanks

What a nice idea! I am really anticipating for how Final Fantasy X Remake will look in PS3 plus i am hoping there will be some new storyline to the game

Thanks

@mistral: i know that but that's why those FF in PSOne need remake on HD graphic compared to X

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by koichi1988 View Post
    What a nice idea! I am really anticipating for how Final Fantasy X Remake will look in PS3 plus i am hoping there will be some new storyline to the game
    I doubt there'll be a new storyline, though they might bring in a few new aspects to it. Still, it'll be nice to see what they'll come up with.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ivo Robotnik View Post
    I doubt there'll be a new storyline, though they might bring in a few new aspects to it. Still, it'll be nice to see what they'll come up with.
    Pretty much this, as I have stated serveral times now, I would really like a back story on Braska, Jetch and Auron and having them defeating Sin as a back story or something like that. Although I very much doubt this I would like to see it happen
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

I agree with Lightya. The PS1 games technically need remakes more than the PS2 games, one reason being the PS2 games look good enough already and have decent load times and other things that wouldn't improve as significantly as a game from 2 console generations ago. I'll take what I can get, but since I already own FFX, I prob won't get the remake.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by unnoticedninja View Post
    I agree with Lightya. The PS1 games technically need remakes more than the PS2 games, one reason being the PS2 games look good enough already and have decent load times and other things that wouldn't improve as significantly as a game from 2 console generations ago. I'll take what I can get, but since I already own FFX, I prob won't get the remake.
    Everybody knows that the PS1 games need the most amount of work done to them and that they would be more preferenced than say X for example as apposed to VII, VIII, or IX but you have to look at it from SE's point of view, which one is going to cost them the least amount of money to develop and which one will bring in the highest revenue whilst considering the previous factor... its obvious that its going to be X since it was one of the fastest selling games on the PS2 (if memory serves me correctly)
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Re-opened on request.

Remember the thread title: this is not a general Final Fantasy thread, it's about the Final Fantasy X Remaster.