Page 52 of 121 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762102 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Doctor Robotnik!

Thanks

-Why would the great Eggman join a site such as Emuparadise?
    -What emulators can EggOS support?
    -Why did you think an interstellar amusement park would be a smart economical desicion?
    -how does the elevator to said amusement park not break as the earth rotates and the planet revolves?
    -how many other dimensional counterparts of yours do you know?
    -why do you put your face on everything?
    -why did you leave wacky workbench and metallic madness to rot, instead of maintain them, and on top of that, possibly make them deadlier?
    -do you have an evil backstory to your baldness, or did it simply fall out? (if so, i'd love to hear this "backstory")
    -are (and if so, why) your shoes attached to the lower part of your jumpsuit?
    -why do you have an obsolete game console (dreamcast) in your egg mobile?
    -what was the purpose of the death egg?
    -who was your childhood idol?
    -what's your current ringtone?
    -is EggOS the same for mobile and desktop, or do they vary by device?
    -Can a motorola xoom run EggOS
    -how much would you charge to install EggOS on a motorola Xoom?
    -was turning sonic into werehog intentional, or serendipity?
    -being that sonic unleashed is the first game in which you actually succeeded (temporarily) in world domination, is it your favorite sonic game?
    -if not, which is, and why?
    -would you team up with mario?
    -were you aware of the people holding eggmanland flags in the olympic games titles?

more to come....

wow, you're actually caring enough to read this?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicAtom View Post
    -Why would the great Eggman join a site such as Emuparadise?
    -What emulators can EggOS support?
    -Why did you think an interstellar amusement park would be a smart economical desicion?
    -how does the elevator to said amusement park not break as the earth rotates and the planet revolves?
    -how many other dimensional counterparts of yours do you know?
    -why do you put your face on everything?
    -why did you leave wacky workbench and metallic madness to rot, instead of maintain them, and on top of that, possibly make them deadlier?
    -do you have an evil backstory to your baldness, or did it simply fall out? (if so, i'd love to hear this "backstory")
    -are (and if so, why) your shoes attached to the lower part of your jumpsuit?
    -why do you have an obsolete game console (dreamcast) in your egg mobile?
    -what was the purpose of the death egg?
    -who was your childhood idol?
    -what's your current ringtone?
    -is EggOS the same for mobile and desktop, or do they vary by device?
    -Can a motorola xoom run EggOS
    -how much would you charge to install EggOS on a motorola Xoom?
    -was turning sonic into werehog intentional, or serendipity?
    -being that sonic unleashed is the first game in which you actually succeeded (temporarily) in world domination, is it your favorite sonic game?
    -if not, which is, and why?
    -would you team up with mario?
    -were you aware of the people holding eggmanland flags in the olympic games titles?

more to come....
    - The great Doctor Ivo 'Eggman' Robotnik had been reading these forums for a while. Okay, enough third-person. I like these forums, at least the people here aren't automatically given to idiotic shouting matches that aren't productive in the least. I chose to make my little side-business here as a result of that.
    - All of them. I built the OS, I should know.
    - Economy usually doesn't factor into my decisions. If it did, I wouldn't get any of my plots off the ground. You might've realised that launching several armada's is a moderately expensive undertaking. Eggman's Amazing Interstellar Amusement Park was slightly more expensive. I had actually planned on gaining some of the cost back, whether the plan itself succeeded or failed, through keeping the park open. Sadly, that didn't work out.
    - Because I built it. I should think this is obvious.
    - Hrmmm, quite a few, in fact. Let's see...
    First up is Dr. Ovi Kintobor, who is chronicled in the Sonic the Comic series released by the Fleetway company. He got into some weird mixup with the chaos emeralds and became his evil invert, dr. Ivo Robotnik. I'm not too fond of this incarnation, he's a little too fond of just being evil for evil's sake.
    Next up, Dr. Julian Ivo Robotnik, chronicled in the Archie Comic series and the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon series. You thought I was bad? You've not seen THIS guy. I'll grant him that he's not evil for evil's sake, but he's just twisted. He seems to take great delight in causing pain and suffering.
    Then there is Dr. Robotnik, as seen in the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Oh deary, deary me. My plans might fail, but at least I'm competent. This Robotnik is so incredibly incompetent, so immensely bumbling, that I'm astonished that he hasn't killed himself yet. Sadly, physics seem a bit more lenient in his dimension, and his horrible injuries aren't that horrible, most of the time.
    Another incarnation of myself is spoken of in the Sonic X series, who seems to have forsaken the name of Robotnik entirely. Dr. Eggman here is somewhat more competent than the previously mentioned Robotnik, but he's still rather childish at times. Still, whenever I see what he's up against, I'd go a little insane as well. Either that, or I'd become completely depressed. That universe is not one I would ever willingly visit, even if I did want to breach dimensional boundaries.
    That concludes my lineup, mostly. In case you're wondering why so many of my counterparts are chronicled (or at least, their Sonic counterparts are chronicled, so my counterparts are along for the ride) in our world, it's because some dimensional history tends to bleed over into other dimensions, causing the inspiration to write imaginative stories, which aren't as imaginative as their writers may think. Their inspiration is almost directly caused by this leakage, if you will. Sure, it's not perfectly accurate, because the writers do have their own interpretations, their own opinions, and the desire to make money, but overall, it's fairly accurate.
    - Why wouldn't I? It's my logo, I'm not afraid to show people that those devices are built by my genius.
    - Frankly, my mind got a little unhinged by the time travel involved there. I maintained the bases in the present day, but what with all that hopping back and forth through timelines, I simply got too unfocused temporally to keep up with everything. It's why I hesitated to cause another time-travel-inspired calamity. And as has been shown very recently, the Time Eater concept didn't work out very well either.
    - I never had any hair on my head, bar my mustache. It didn't fall out, it just never grew there. As far as I'm able to determine, it's just genetical. I don't mind, really. Bald is beautiful, and I have this stunning mustache to make up for it.
    - They aren't attached, though the suit is designed to be as seamless as possible. Given that this question is asked, this worked. I am pleased.
    - Nostalgia, mainly. Back when SEGA first chronicled my failure with Evil Plot #198: Adventure and Evil Plot #210: Adventure 2, they sent me a Dreamcast along with a copy of the resulting first game, Sonic Adventure. Given that they had even taken the time to make a custom box-art with me on the front cover rather than that Hedgehog, I was quite happy about it, even if they chronicled my failure. I keep it around for that, really. Whatever else, I can appreciate SEGA for that one.
    - Orbital Space Station, unassailable base, and overpowered weapons system, essentially. If I had managed to get it in orbit without that blasted hedgehog interfering, nothing would've been able to stop me.

...of course, this didn't happen and the Death Egg went up in a magnificent fireball, but there you are. Life's difficult.
    - Probably my grandfather, Professor Gerald Robotnik, before he went completely nuts. He had the same ideals as I had: Use his scientific genius to help improve the lot of mankind. As I found out much later, he was stabbed in the back by the 'benevolent' powers that be in much the same way I was. He went insane because he lost Maria, which is understandable. I only lost my faith in the current world powers, and sooner or later I will replace them!
    - Actually, it's a visual overlay on my glasses. A small indicator goes on in the corner of my view saying 'incoming call'. Less annoying, and equally efficient. If I'm asleep, I don't want to be disturbed anyway. Plus, how likely is it that I'll be called? I'm supposed to be an internationally wanted criminal mastermind. I tend not to hand out my phone number a great deal.
    - You have to realise I don't really use a generic desktop PC most of the time. They're all part of my system, rather than just a computer on a desk. I only use this desktop whenever I have dealings on the internet. EggOS is protected from outside attacks, as a result. Mobile EggOS is similarly not really something you can easily consider, given that my mobile system is partly built into my glasses and partly into my Eggmobile, where I've enough space to afford a keyboard at least.
    - Highly doubtful. You might not have noticed, but I'm something of a scientific genius? The systems I build are far beyond what most people possess.
    - Nothing, because I wouldn't do it. It's my personal system, I don't go around handing out copies to everyone so they can figure out its inner workings (however unlikely that is, I'm sure there are other slightly less brilliant scientists out there). I'd like to minimise my chances at defeat as much as possible, thanks ever so much.
    - Pure serendipity. I did not expect that dark energy backlash. Plus, he just looked ridiculous. Shame it was such brutally efficient ridiculousness, but really now.
    - The game itself wasn't that brilliant, but the plan itself was quite a lot of fun, I'll grant. Some of my better creations there too. Shame about the Egg Dragoon, really... But hey, I rebuilt it! Shame about that one too...

Mind you, I'm now flying the Egg Dragoon III, which has not (yet) been fitted with any heavy weaponry, simply because I like its design so much.
    - In terms of favourite game in the series that chronicled my epic defeats (and make no mistake, they were epic. It's just the defeat part that rankles), I'd probably say the combo they released of my Master Emerald/Angel Island plot in Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
    - Why Mario? He's similar to Sonic: convinced that he's the greatest hero the world has ever seen and that myself or his opponent, Bowser, are pure evil and so on and so forth. Why would I work with someone who would almost definitely turn on me?
    - I wasn't, no. Mind you, those olympic games titles aren't representations of what's happened in the past, they're just titles to cash in on famous franchises by throwing them together in a sports game. But it's very nice of them to give me that bit of recognition. See? Not everyone is against me!

Well, that was an essay and a half. Good questions though, do carry on, I'll be here again to answer more questions later.

Thanks

Hi Dr., do you like the Metal Gear Solid 2, and if so have you beat it on extreme? It's kicking my butt.
    DNO

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by dno View Post
    Hi Dr., do you like the Metal Gear Solid 2, and if so have you beat it on extreme? It's kicking my butt.
    Not particularly. I'm not usually much of a cloak and dagger type of person. You might have seen these tendencies in my plans. Oh, I can be sly and sneaky when I have to be, but rarely subtle about things.

Thanks

one quick one: have you ever looked into finding a RYNO? (http://ratchet.wikia.com/wiki/Rip_Ya_a_New_One_series ,for reference sake)

and, no, i don't find myself against you, i just don't feel like being enslaved at the moment.

wow, you're actually caring enough to read this?

Thanks

Hey, i have a question: Did you know that FF XII's Vaan pawns you?
    I have proof!
    Just look at this video (between 5:40 and 5:50):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOtdWUO7sk8

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicAtom View Post
    one quick one: have you ever looked into finding a RYNO? (http://ratchet.wikia.com/wiki/Rip_Ya_a_New_One_series ,for reference sake)

and, no, i don't find myself against you, i just don't feel like being enslaved at the moment.
    While I've not looked into finding a RYNO, I've certainly taken the design concept and built similar weaponry. Sadly, not even the concept of the RYNO IV was fast enough to catch up with that blasted hedgehog. Oh well.

Also, good. I would hate to have to imprison anyone from these forums. I would do so anyway, but I'm sure I'd feel bad about it for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by rulucian View Post
    I have proof!
    What... did I just watch!?

Thanks

What... did I just watch!?
    lol I asked myself the same thing when i watched the whole video!
    Then you made a cameo and i was surprised.
    Did you watch the whole video?

P.S. I know my comment makes no sense!

Thanks
    EP Points

lol I asked myself the same thing when i watched the whole video!
    Then you made a cameo and i was surprised.
    Did you watch the whole video?

P.S. I know my comment makes no sense!
    Much to my regret, yes, I did watch the entire video. The main reason it made no sense whatsoever is because, quite frankly, Vaan is probably the most ineffective character in the HISTORY of Final Fantasy.

Thanks
    EP Points

is my patience going to withstand going trough FFXIII and FFXIII-2 back to back?

oh... and who is your favorite dead actor?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by screwed View Post
    is my patience going to withstand going trough FFXIII and FFXIII-2 back to back?

oh... and who is your favorite dead actor?
    - Well, my patience didn't even withstand going through XIII, so I might not be the best genius to ask.
    - Deem Bristow. If you do not know who this is, kindly go educate yourself. I'll be here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ivo Robotnik View Post
    Much to my regret, yes, I did watch the entire video. The main reason it made no sense whatsoever is because, quite frankly, Vaan is probably the most ineffective character in the HISTORY of Final Fantasy.
    That's when the irony strikes!
    And agreed, a protagonist that is not important to the storyline was not a very bright idea!
    But still, it was quite funny. An evil genius such as yourself should share your laughs now and then (not maniacal laughter, that's my cue).
    So, to stay on topic, what are your next plans to defeat sonic?
    Are they highly classified?
    Are you really evil?

Thanks
    EP Points

That's when the irony strikes!
    And agreed, a protagonist that is not important to the storyline was not a very bright idea!
    But still, it was quite funny. An evil genius such as yourself should share your laughs now and then (not maniacal laughter, that's my cue).
    So, to stay on topic, what are your next plans to defeat sonic?
    Are they highly classified?
    Are you really evil?
    - Allow me to answer question one with question two! Yes!
    - Evil is merely the definition of the ruling society. As far as I'm concerned, those cretins who mismanage this mudball of a planet are evil, and I seek to undo that evil by any means necessary.

Thanks

I have proof!
    All video games should be like that

Thanks
    EP Points

what is the worst packaging on a dvd you have ever seen, artwork insert and/or actual package, the one from dark oracle is HORRID, its a plastic box with the 3 discs loose inside it

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean