Thread: Running GBA roms on DS?

Thanks

Question Running GBA roms on DS?

I under stand that it's NOT possible to run GBA games on a slot-1 flashcard, but I want to know if there are any GBA slot ones that--- Bleugh, explaining is hard.

Basically I want to know if there are any gba flashcarts which work on the ds? I have an r4 with wood firmware, so I don't think that m3 thing I've read when I googloed would work, unless... Unless you can trick it or something~

Thanks

I've used this in slot 2 and it works just fine for me.

This may be of use to you as well.

Good luck!
    In my time of dying, want nobody to mourn. All I want for you to do, is take my body home. So I can die easy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Degüello For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks, Imma have a look at some of them

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

just grab a 3in1 adaptor, it's not a flash card on it's own as such but a memory device that lets you run GBA code via a DS flash kit

thats if wood lets you do that

the 3in1 things are alot cheaper than a GBA flash kit but work just as good or beter than alot of them and are more available than gba flash kits

it would be cheaper to buy a M3 Real kit with GBA expantion (much the same as the 3 in 1 cards) that runs the GBA roms from the DS card but requires the GBA expantion in the GBA slot for those to run that to buy a GBA flash kit
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-September-2011 at 05:39.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

OldTimerDS Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    just grab a 3in1 adaptor, it's not a flash card on it's own as such but a memory device that lets you run GBA code via a DS flash kit

thats if wood lets you do that

the 3in1 things are alot cheaper than a GBA flash kit but work just as good or beter than alot of them and are more available than gba flash kits

it would be cheaper to buy a M3 Real kit with GBA expantion (much the same as the 3 in 1 cards) that runs the GBA roms from the DS card but requires the GBA expantion in the GBA slot for those to run that to buy a GBA flash kit
    ^ Zorlon, I am also VERY interested in being able to play GBA ROMs on a DS......where can I get this "3-in-one" thing, and how much are they? Is it a hassle to set this all up, or?
    We use AceKardi now, and love it, though it doesnt appear to be able to play GBA games...why is this, anyhow?

Thanks so much!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I live in the uk anyway so unless it's a place that ships world wide, pfft just google for the thing.

Cost = less than a DS flash kit on it's own, they are cheap enough.

For DSi and 3DS you would need the DSTWO flash kit that emulates GBA... those aren't the cheapest flash kits around

For DS + DSL a slot 2 EZ-Flash 3 in 1 or GBA Expantion and there are a number of others aswell (this runs games in normal GBA mode, the roms from slot 1 go into the slot 2's memory chip so runs as normal from slot 2)

There is a custom loader for loading GBA roms from Slot 1 cards aslong as the Slot 2 cart is plugged in called GBA ExpLoader, though I have never used this as I own the M3 Real kit that has a loader built into it

www.ds-scene.net/?s=viewtopic&nid=5535 = last version of the loader

the DSi version flash card would by default not need a gba loader because it is made for the DSi that has no slot 2 or GBA mode
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-September-2011 at 19:34.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR