Thread: Need help with using Code Breaker or Game Shark on NullDC

Thanks

Default Need help with using Code Breaker or Game Shark on NullDC

I am trying to use a .cdi CodeBreaker or Game Shark file so I can use cheats in my DC .cdi games. I am using NullDC ver. 1.0.4 with the default plugins. I downloaded the CodeBreaker & CodeBreaker Loader .cdi files from another topic in this forum. The CodeBreaker .cdi loads-up fine, but when I need to switch to the game .cdi file, it doesn't recognize the disc change. I select GDROM->Swap Disc and then select my .cdi file. It says that the lid has been opened and to insert the new disc, but it never recognizes the disc I swap. I tried using the CodeBreaker Loader, but I have no idea how to use it. If I boot-up NullDC with the loader, it just hangs on a Sega logo screen and the command prompt window says "CE: Block will be demoted to manual for the CE pass
    i-cacher invalidation requested! (12 total)
    Reseting Dynarec Cache on ICI due to manual block count
    CE: Block will be demoted to manual for the CE pass
    Reseting Dynarec Cache ...
    Fast Link possible
    Relocated dynarec blocks: 7 KB before, 7 KB new, 0 bytes diff. 0.00%"

How do I use a CodeBreaker or Game Shark cheat device (.cdi ver.) with the NullDC emulator? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks

Chankast Cheater also works on NullDC with some modifications, its been a very long time since I used it but I remember using it.

I googled the problem and game up with this thread here:

http://www.emutalk.net/threads/40565...ter-for-nulldc

You might want to try this instead of using an actual codebreaker. It looks like you got multiple options, either use Chankast Cheater, or NullDC cheater. From what I understand they are universal and can use all cheat code formats.

And it looks like someone made a youtube video guide on how to do this also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb7NQxHDrEk
    Last edited by crimsonedge; 16th-September-2011 at 15:13.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The actual Codebreaker should work if you use the codebreaker loader

The loader on real hardware let the Codebreaker work with Mil-CD rips aka cdi selfboot games

No other cheat CD that I know of was cracked to work with backups except for the Codebreaker

I'm sure I uploaded that a year or so back

EDITY:- yeah thought I did, looks like it's still live aswell

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-September-2011 at 19:51.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

When I try and load the CB Loader, the Dreamcast logo appears, then it has a Sega logo, and then it just stays on the Sega logo forever. Could you please give me detailed steps on how (and when) to load the CB Loader and a game? I also tried loading the CB Loader during a game, but that didn't work either. I also tried the Chankast cheat program (and I renamed the nullDC .exe to Chankast), but the codes from cmgsccc didn't do anything. What is the format that I put the codes in as? Since there are 2 lines per code, I tried putting the whole code together and I also tried having a space inbetween the 2 parts, but it didn't work either way. (I followed the readme instructions for the cheat program and I hit the Start button on my controller to pause the game.) I really have no idea why it isn't working for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Maybe it just doesn't work with NullDC, I will check that out in a lil while

Edit: unfortionatly nope thats just not going to boot up in NullDC

Your only option is to either do what crimsonedge mentioned or use and PC memory editor (PC mem editors though you need to make your own codes)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-September-2011 at 09:31.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I followed the YouTube tutorial, but the codes from cmgsccc don't do anything. I tried it with Sonic Adventure 2 (like in the video). I noticed that the dc screen/window will stay on the pause screen if I do not select Start within 10-20 seconds from the time I Pause the emu. The sound still plays like normal, but the screen doesn't show what's happening. I managed to quickly do the Pause->Start step, and the screen wasn't frozen, but the codes didn't do anything. I tried using inf. rings and inf. lives. I did this while on an actual stage (after hitting the Start button on my controller to get to the game's pause screen). Even after I died on the level, nothing changed. Am I doing something wrong with the steps?

Thanks.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Check the codes are for the correct region of your game and that they are in the correct format for that system to use

Try codetwink.com that was formally the Official Codebreaker site
    Another code site is Codejunkies.com select the country the game was made for EU = PAL - US = NTSC hit saves and codes (Official Action Replay/GameShark codes)

Never used the system you are trying to use so no idea what forms of codes it takes

I own a Dreamcast so don't realy feel the need to emulate a system I can play backups on without any sort of modification

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta2002 View Post
    I followed the YouTube tutorial, but the codes from cmgsccc don't do anything. I tried it with Sonic Adventure 2 (like in the video). I noticed that the dc screen/window will stay on the pause screen if I do not select Start within 10-20 seconds from the time I Pause the emu. The sound still plays like normal, but the screen doesn't show what's happening. I managed to quickly do the Pause->Start step, and the screen wasn't frozen, but the codes didn't do anything. I tried using inf. rings and inf. lives. I did this while on an actual stage (after hitting the Start button on my controller to get to the game's pause screen). Even after I died on the level, nothing changed. Am I doing something wrong with the steps?

Thanks.
    I believe it was Chankast Cheater I used on NullDC back when I was more into DC emulation. I know for a fact it worked on Skies of Arcadia, but it might not work on every game. If they had it working on Sonic Adventure 2, then maybe you did something wrong or forgot to check a box, or properly apply the codes. Some games have a master code that must be input for any of the codes to work, did you put that in? Also I am not sure if or how compatible these codes are with CDI ripped games. All of the codes I tried were on full GDI versions. If your version of Sonic Adventure 2 is CDI, you might want to get the GDI version, and try the codes on it.

On second thought I remember trying codes on a CDI version of Grandia II, and they didn't work, but when I tried them on the GDI version they did work.
    Last edited by crimsonedge; 17th-September-2011 at 23:11.

Thanks

Oh, okay. That must be why the codes aren't working for me. I thought that Dreamcast discs weren't readable on a PC. Or did I get that confused with another system?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nope Dreamcast/Wii/GameCube/Xbox/Xbox360 are all not readable on a PC drive, originals anyway

I can't think of why there should be a difference between cdi version and gdi version for codes, the only game I could see issues with is skies of arcadia with it using compression that may of shifted mem locations of other game stats
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-September-2011 at 08:12.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]