Okay. I'm sure this has been addressed before but I don't see the thread. (I say this because I saw a thread, with no answers, similar to the one I'm posting)

I'm playing Pokemon Soul Silver. It was running smoothly for a while but about the time I got to the first town is when it started really messing up. These problems include but are not limited to:

The game freezing- Generally as I go into some sort of battle. The music will still play but the screen will become black and stay black rather then introducing the fight graphics. Occasionally, however, it will just freeze for absolutely no prompt, either going black or simply freezing the picture.

Crashing- On occasion it will start running extremely slowly. Sometimes it fixes itself but sometimes it doesn't and it crashes. (I know that the DS emulator generally runs slowly anyway, especially for these pokemon games. But I mean even slower then normal. I know sometimes it could be my own CPU's usage but not when it crashes shortly after.)

Glitching- This is the one that's prompted me to post here. It starts to glitch up. And become unplayable. This has happened twice to me now.

The details about this one is that at some point all the people (and pokemon) on the screen turns into blocks of glitched data. They move and you can even talk. But you can't leave the section you're at or get into a battle or else the game goes black. No music or video or anything

This has happened to me
1) When in the first actual town with a gym, I spoke to the teacher and he brought me to the pokemon school. I walked in the building and everyone was glitched. I walked out and it crashed
2) In the first I go to have a battle and after I win, the game glitches up. I've tried this battle a few times now and it always glitches up. I can't leave or continue on lest it crash.

Here are the specs:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631)
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire 4339
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version V1.02
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU P4600 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 1782MB RAM

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics (Celeron)
DAC type: Internal

Emulator: DeSmuME 0.7.9 x86 msvc 1500
Rom: 4781 - Pokemon SoulSilver (U)(Xenophobia)
The Rom was acquired at: http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_D...hobia%29/50240

So what is wrong and how can I fix it (tell me with baby steps) or is there a link to an English version of the game that does not have this glitch?

-Wolf