Thread: Space Harrier and OutRun won't work on modded Saturn

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Space Harrier and OutRun won't work on modded Saturn

I just got a modded Saturn model 2 from SegaStyle and it is AWESOME! Everything I throw at it plays...well...except for two.

I'm trying to play Space Harrier and OutRun on my modded system and I've downloaded from other sites including here and changed the region with Saturn Country Code Changer(the one with the red icon) and the same things happen.

Space Harrier slows down everytime I shoot and Outrun gets stuck at the Sega logo. What's going on here?

Thanks
    EP Points

After patching the image try scanning it for errors with CDMage as it's possible the region changing process has corrupted the image.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you have a dreamcast aswell there is a JAP CD that has both these games along with a few other (5 games in total) all in english Yu-suzuki collection 1 I think it was called... anywat has the games creators name in the disc's name, they are the games that can be played in Shenmue and Shenmue II with an extra game

But yeah double that scan with CDMage for errors and hit repair, normally after patching there is apx 3 errors made by this disrupting the CD layout

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

There were two errors and I fixed them. But, they made the CD go back to being Japanese. I used the other patcher Saturn Region Patcher and I get the same problem. Is there ANY good ISO of this game anywhere that's converted to US? As to Zorlon's response, I do have the Yu Suzuki Game Works Volume 1(wished I had the book though), but I wanted to play them on the Saturn as a fan of Shenmue lol

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There are 2 repair options in CD-Mage, latest beta recomended though

Don't burn it right away though run the region patcher to double check the region, or test in an emu like ssf that is picky about region settings to start with, but can handle the errors so only test after you repair with CD-Mage (the emu test is prolly a beter way)

Though I do find it odd that you would get those problems from 2 errors, if you can hot swop, boot the region patched copy then while that is running exchange the disc for a none region patched copy just to see if the problem is still there, because the files on the disc are the same you shouldn't have too much trouble doing that.

Repair corrupted sectors button (6a) or the Rebuild Sector fields button (6b)

Image is from my very olde CD Image repair guide, I think it's the later you want

Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-August-2011 at 12:47.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR