Thread: Boycott Advance-Final Fantasy VI

Thanks

Question Boycott Advance-Final Fantasy VI

Hello,

I have a problem with Final Fantasy VI on the Boycott Advance. I would be using VisualBoyAdvance if my computer was compatible, but it is not. I have an Intel-based Mac with OSX Lion so it can't run PowerPC programs. So I have to use the Boycott Advance. Unless someone knows how I can run VBA on my computer...

The problem I am encountering is that on the Boycott Advance I can't find the X Button! Where is it? I don't know what to do. I really love playing Final Fantasy VI. It's a great game. Please help me! I would greatly appreciate it if someone helps me.

~Danae

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Can you not configure the controls yourself, surely it's as simple as clicking on the menu drop down menu's and finding the setup controls option

From way way way back when Boycott was the best GBA emu it has always had an option to configure the controls used in the emu

I will dig the lil emu out and check though

GBA never had an X button just A+B L+R Start+Select

X+Y is NDS up over only

Anyway Defaults are as
    A [z]
    B [x]
    L [s]
    R [a]
    Start [space]
    Select [return/enter]
    D-Pad [arrow keys]

To set your own keys its...

Options -> Controllers Configuration...

If it is just FFVI you are wanting to play you can also use a SNES emulator as the GBA version is a lower res version of the SNES game, they have all been translated now aswell so FF IV, V & VI are in english on the SNES aswell as the GBA ports, though must say FFI + II for the GBA is the second best version and has all the extra's, best being on the PSP but thats just a graphics update
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-August-2011 at 11:30.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Oh duh. Thanks. I knew you can configure the controls. I must have been thinking of the DS instead of the GBA. I've been using my DS for a long time. I haven't used my GBA in a while. Sorry for helping me with a silly mistake.