Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS emulators crashing

Thanks

Default PS emulators crashing

Yo, quite long text inc

It seems my computer decided not to run emulators anymore.
    Last week me and a friend picked up FF9 and played it on the ePSXe 1.7.0, we had no problems what so ever.
    I turn off my computer and the very next day I start my emulator again, no problems yet but then I try to run the ISO file, ePSXe tries to run it but before the game even starts it freeze/crash and Windows send-error message pops up and says something is wrong with it.
    I have tried several things but I just can't get it to work for me anymore, my friend have no problems.

Some details about my computer and what i did already (my computer is quite old ).
    Windows XP SP3
    Processor : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
    Graphics card: ATI Radeon X1200
    (if you need to know more just ask but you might have to tell me how I find out, not that technical with computers)

What I did already,
    Re-downloaded ePSXe, tried different versions of it.
    I tried other emulators like pcsxr, PSXeven. same thing happens, ISO run and bam crash before game starts.
    Let my friend wrap his ePSXe folder and send it to me, nope same stuff.
    Downloaded other games to test, nope same stuff again.
    I googled (that's not easy btw, write PS emulator and crash and you'll get Crash bandicoot games ) and found something out about removing ePSXe by using Regedit and then re-download/install ePSXe, It didn't work.

Think I did 2 more things but it was late and my head was gonna blow, any help would be appreciated.

Supreme Warrior Guest

wow, that is a very odd error, have you tried to update your direct X?

im trying to think of a solution to this but this is pretty odd.

Thanks

Well, I had directx 9, updated it to 10, now im getting a weird error when I run ePSXe.
    Excuse the bad translation; 'Can't find entrypoint of procedure _except_handler4_common in DLL-file msvcrt.dll' I haven't looked into it what it means, will do in a bit.

and I was afraid to hear that it is an odd error

Supreme Warrior Guest

ok, I dont think XP Supports DirectX 10,

il have to search.

Thanks

Yea, It was an unofficial update or something along that line, the error is gone now I fixed it but the emulator still crashes.
    If you want I could post the technical report of the windows error-send, maybe you can find something about it? tho it mostly seems gibberish to me.
    Last edited by CrazyJ; 5th-August-2011 at 17:45.

Supreme Warrior Guest

well since it is unofficial the emulators are prolly not going to run correctly now, thats my only guess.

Thanks

Well to be sure, I went back to 9.0c. Wish I could give more info on what I did but honestly all I did was turn off my computer. :s

Supreme Warrior Guest

well if all else fails... you have may to resort to a full windows reinstall............which is gonna suck.

Thanks

Meh, well I was thinking of it or even formatting it completely, as my brother once did a re-install of windows on it and he messed it up (we have 2 windows installed, 1 on C: drive and another on F: drive, weirdly enough :/ ) and well not sure anyone remembers where all the cd's are for windows/drivers .

But for now I'll just wait a bit and see if someone else have an idea with my emulator issue, Thanks anyhow Supreme.

Supreme Warrior Guest

just out of curiosity, have you tried alot of various emulators?

Thanks

Yea, a handful, epsxe, pcsxr, PSXeven, PCSX, might be a few more that I tried. (all crashed upon loading ISO)

Supreme Warrior Guest

I meant various other non PSX emulators, try SSF for saturn and Fusion For Genesis/Sega CD and see if those run, only way to truly see if you can/cant run anything.

Also you may want to run a diognostic program such as Belarc Advisor to see if anything is amiss in your system.

Thanks

Ah sorry my bad am a sleepyhead atm I just tried Project 64 and Nestopia, it ran just fine, could try those that you mentioned maybe tomorrow or at least Monday and the Belarc program also to see what happens.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Have you tried mounting a CD image with Daemon Tools Lite then using ePSXe to read directly from a CD Rom drive instead of loading an ISO image directly (CD-Rom plugin editing required to point to the correct CD-Rom drive... i.e. point to the virtual drive that Daemon Tools creates)

Also worth trying to boot the bios directly instead of a game to see if the emu works at all

At a wild guess I would say something is accessing the CD Images aswell as ePSXe and the other emulators

Out of interest what format are these ISO's in

Any of the following??
    *.bin
    *.bin.ecm
    *.img
    *.img.ecm
    *.rar
    *.7-z
    *.zip
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-August-2011 at 00:06.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Try updating your Microsoft Visual C++, and post your plugins as well.