Thread: Need help on converting Tekken Tag Tournament NTSC U from CD to DVD

Thanks

Unhappy Need help on converting Tekken Tag Tournament NTSC U from CD to DVD

Hi. 1st thing 1st. I use Saito's great tutorial here :

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...o-Dvd-Tutorial

Also used a couple of other tutorials I could found on the net as references. Basically the same thing, just different tools. I do know that US TTT is one of the CD game which is can't be converted to DVD with the "normal" way (DVDScanLite/CMP). But there are two patches specially made to patch the 2 files of US TTT by Saito. I also found the patches on some other forums and sites, but they're the same Saito's patches. The only US TTT patches available in the world are made by Saito hehe.

Anyway, I downloaded the US TTT ISO from here:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-U-Megaupload-

So I follow his tutorial, except instead the CMP part, I use those 2 patches on SLUS_200.01 & RSPU2DRV.IRX files respectively. Rebuilt the ISO with DVDGen, put in DUMMY.BIN (1.17 GB) as the last file, burned it into a DVDR with Nero. Try to play it with my fat PS2 which is modchipped with Messiah Pro, no harddisk, no add-ons, nothing, just a pure disc-lasering machine which can only read DVD media (UNABLE to read CD media), after the PLAYSTATION 2 screen, the screen turned black and then... nothing, just black forever. The game won't load, the controller analog LED didn't light on. Nothing. What gives?

On 2nd try, I tried to switching tools, DVDen 1.20 to DVDGen 1.50, IML2DVD 1.5 to Apache 2, of course I applied the same 2 patches. I've tried DVDScanLite 3.7 and CMP, and these programs can't even called any functions from SLUS_200.01, tho' they sure can patch RSPU2DRV.IRX into DVD, or at least that's what the log said. The result? Another coaster. The same black screen of infinity.

B4 these, I did download some already-converted-to-DVD US TTT ISOs, and tried to burn em (twice), but they gave me the same black screens. But I think those ISOs weren't properly patched, since I noticed a tmp.tmp file inside the IRX folder. That tmp.tmp usually a byproduct which is created after using CMP, in other words, whoever made those ISOs didn't use Saito's patches. Which is no wonder it wouldn't work.

Anyway what I did wrong? Why wouldn't the game work? I have theories:
    - It does work, but on emulators only, but not on a modchipped machine. Which is bye bye TTT, I wouldn't be able to play you ever... I don't do emulators.
    - The ISO which I downloaded is the Greatest Hits version, while it says SLUS_200.01 and all, it might be a different game after all? With different coding, etc.? While Saito's patches are made specifically for the 1st time released true US TTT? Is that why? BTW I just downloaded another US TTT CD ISO from here:

http://megaupload.com/?d=FOQJ5AP1

I checked the SLUS_200.01, the size is 2,873,472 bytes and the time stamp (last modified) is 8 September 2000 (assuming whoever made this ISO didn't change anything). Then when I checked the Greatest Hits version (also the -already-converted-to-DVD ISOs which didn't work), SLUS_200.01's size is 2,873,728 bytes (256 bytes different?) and the date stamp is 2 November 2000. So, um, is the Greatest Hits really a different version even though physically there are no in-game change (like Silent Hill Greatest Hits with added X-Box's extra ending & Maria story)? So if I apply the two patches to that US TTT ISO with 2,873,472 bytes of SLUS_200.01 will it work on my machine this time?

I'm too afraid to waste another DVDR now (5 coasters already ) so I want to hear out you guys opinion first.

Thank you for your attention. And I hope I can play TTT on my machine someday...

Supreme Warrior Guest

This may be off topic but I have a little suggestion.

Do you have a flash drive?

instead of wasting a DVD why not just run TTT From a flash, it should load at a normal speed since I dont believe it has any FMVs.

Thanks

I have some flash drives. 2 of 256 mb, a 1 gb, a 8 gb, and a 16 gb. I usually use the 1 gb with codebreaker to back-up save files. Could you teach me how to load a game from a flash drive?AFAIK I couldn't just put the game files in the flash drive plug it into my PS2 USB port and play it? I think I need... something?

I like your suggestion. Put the rebuilt ISO with dummy file and all into the flash drive and test it whether it works or not b4 burn it into DVDR. Neat. I think I gotta use the 8 gb flash drive then.

Thanks

BTW TTT has 3 FMVs, PS2 opening, arcade opening, and Unknown ending. The FMVs can't run properly from a flash drive? Oh well, I can skipped it anyway.

Supreme Warrior Guest

i just meant the Original CD disc image, not a CD to DVD conversion, saves space on your flash,

and its very simple to run a PS2 game from a External HDD or Flash drive, you first need USBUtil to convert the image to be used on the Flash drive, http://psx-scene.com/forums/f100/usbutil-iseko-59785/

and then you will need the loader, there are a couple to choose from but i use Open PS2 Loader , http://psx-scene.com/forums/f150/ope...-v0-8-a-62141/

and next you will need to make sure the files once on the HDD or Flash are defragmented, use Auslogics Disc defrag, absolute best way to ensure the defragging is perfect , http://www.auslogics.com/en/software...frag/download/

just put the Open ps2 loader elf onto your flash, then use USBUtil to convert the image for use onto the Flash, check with auslogics, and then put the flash into your ps2, load the elf, the game should show on the list, click on it, and it should load and start playing.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Supreme Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Okay, cool, will study the tutorial which you gave me the links, and try it. Sounds interesting. BTW I think this idea "Put the rebuilt ISO with dummy file and all into the flash drive and test it whether it works or not b4 burn it into DVDR" doesn't apply... Since the game isn't loaded from the lens+modchip....

Anyway, thank you for your reply. And for those who want to share their opinions about my TTT problem are still welcomed, as I prefer to play it in DVD format. Waste money on modchip and lens, at least I'll play it until they busted :p then I'll switch to flash drives and portable hard disks. This problem hasn't solved yet! )

Supreme Warrior Guest

oh , i Thought you had a free mcbooted memory card, you might wanna do that so you can load games from USB, Saves the lens.

http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/

go there to learn how.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Supreme Warrior For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The problem is some CD's can't be converted to DVD also there is more than one method of doing this

This game can be done though

Did you use the Patcher for the game??? it is required or you can do it by hand

P.S. sorry for the late reply was and still am doing a little work on my own projects, thats taken more of my time than I originally wanted
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-August-2011 at 15:28.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi, thanks for the patch!

I used the patches from here:
    http://www.epforums.org/attachment.p...8&d=1168626344

Which I got from here:

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...o-Dvd-Tutorial

And they didn't work. Just how many exactly are patches for TTT exist out there anyway? ^^'

Okay, I've opened your patch. So this patch is made for SCES_500.01 (the patch says SCUS, but the readme says SCES, I think it's SCES since PAL games start with 500s?) and PBPX_952.01 (Japanese?).

Now this is interesting. I do own a copy of TTT PBPX_952.01 in DVD format (bought it from some shady shop...)! When I play the game it's in Japanese, but isn't the NTSC J should be SLPS_200.15??? This confused me.... Anyway, since it's DVD, it works on my machine, but when I check the disc size & contents on Windows, apparently the disc only contains 604 MB, no dummy files. And when I play it, sometimes, on some ill-fated chances, the game often crashes: FMV stutters, it's audio replayed infinitely and the game just freezes, can't press anything to skip the FMV, or when playing, the BGM starts to replaying infinitely it's 5-10 sec parts, and after I won, the game just freezes up, when it supposed to be showing the load screen with somebody pic vs. somebody pic for the next stage, or just freezes up on loading screen when loading up the next stage, waited for 10 minutes, nothing shows up on the screen, touch the machine, the DVD ain't spinning.... Obviously, coz there's no dummy file put inside the disc to make the size 1 GB up... But on some lucky occasions, I played the game for 12 hours+ without any crashes...

Saito's tutorial in the link above did say that Japanese TTT can be converted to DVD with the "normal" way. So after some coasters with US TTT, I tried to converted my PBPX_952.01, but CMP & DVDScanLite 3.7 even can't detected the PBPX_952.01 & RSPU2DRV files, let alone patch them, and the files time stamp in the disc were all messed-up (year 2070... wtf?), but I fixed the time stamp with FF File Time, however CMP & DVDScanLite 3.7 still couldn't patch them. I thought, what the heck, I mean, it already being put in a DVD, so it should be already patched, right? All it needs is a dummy file. So be it, I rebuilt the ISO with DVDGen 1.50, put a 1.17GB dummy.bin in it, and burn it. Play it on my machine and the opening FMV starts to stuttering when Kazuya rides the lift, and the game skips the FMV by itself (skip SFX can be heard) and... black screen, no main menu... Freezes... The dummy file didn't help? Or the game hasn't been patch? What is actually happen when an originally CD formatted game put into DVD without patched anyway? Anyway, I restart the game, and now everything is played normally :/ This is just like b4 the dummy file added. Capricious... The dummy file has no effect?

So maybe I need the real SLPS_200.15 NTSC J? There are the download links on this forum, but the links are all dead now... Maybe I should request the uploader to upload it again...???

I also downloaded from isogamesdownload.blogspot.com, made by Lexorcist (?), a PBPX_952.01 ISO with a dummy file inside, but there's no sign of patching judging from the time stamp? I'm too afraid to burn it and produce another coaster...

So what's your suggestion? Should I apply your patch to my PBPX_952.01, which one? From my own DVD or that downloaded ISO (rebuilt it once again)? Is your patch is guaranteed to work? Hahah, I'm too afraid to move on. Sorry :p

Is there any working patch for TTT NTSC U SLUS_200.01 anyway?

Thanks.

And I'm sorry too for my late reply, since I'm online from my workplace. Gotta steal time to post on this forum. :p Oops, the boss is coming.

In here:

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f13/chal...l-tools-59553/

They talked about a patch in "freevast thread". I tried to look for the thread, no success. Tried to reply, even make a new thread, but the message "you can't post links b4 30 days being a member etc." keep popping up, even though I didn't post any link...

Were they mean this patch:
    http://psx-scene.com/forums/attachme...h_ntsc_ps2.rar

Which can be found here:
    http://psx-scene.com/forums/f164/%5B...tml#post438198

I have that patch from the links I gave above. Didn't work. I still keep thinking about the Greatest Hits version are a different game..... *sigh*
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-August-2011 at 19:58.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just download the game instead

You might even be able to find it already in DVD format if you are lucky

P.S. we have double posting rules here, if you do need to add info though our forum have a nifty Edit Post option on the lower right of your posts

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Ouch, sorry, I didn't know that. No two posts successive one after another, got it. I just thought that if I edited my post it would look too long to read :p Sorry. Got it.

Yeah, the PBPX_952.01 ISO I downloaded got a dummy file inside, so it sure a DVD one. To burn or not to burn that is the question :p I just afraid that it's a dud like the previous two I've downloaded. Hmm, only 1 DVDR left... Or I try Saito's patches again, this time on that US TTT ISO (not the Greatest Hits I downloaded here). I mean Saito and some other people out there said they did it, they couldn't be just bullshitting, do they? One DVDR, two ideas. Can't decided :/ I don't think I could buy another DVDRs soon. The job...

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

doesn't IMGburn detect the media type for you

you could always test boot it in the PS2 emu, though it does require a high end PC you are only boot testing

don't even know if the game boots in that or not though

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]