Thread: ePSXe Emulator/Tron Bonne - Help?

Thanks

Angry ePSXe Emulator/Tron Bonne - Help?

I've always come here for help when trying to figure out my new Emulator, ePSXe. I've always been a "guest", however, looking around for others who have shared a common problem and found a solution that works for me.
    Lately, I've been UBER frustrated with "The Misadventures of Tron Bonne" and I've fixed one of the problems but the same/more major issue remains:

Every time I finish the first stage and come up to the first ruin, the entire screen turns black. Nothing loads or renders. No music plays. It's just pure, black, nothingness.

Here is what I'm using:

Bios: scph1001 - USA

Video: P.E.Op.S. OpenGL Driver 1.78 with the screensaver disabled and the following special game fixes (which fixed my issue with it freezing when I pressed the start button):
    0x00004: Ignore black brightness
    0x04000: Use old texture filtering
    (I have Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9 but it won't run with Tron Bonne and the emulator crashes/fails. I also have P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.18 but I don't remember it making a difference in this problem of mine.)

Sound: P.E.Op.S DSound Audio Driver 1.9
    (I also have ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0. but this doesn't make a difference in the game play for Tron Bonne)

Cdrom: ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0.
    (I also have the following Cdrom plugins: ePSXe CDR ASPI core 1.7.0., Mooby2 cd disk image driver 2.8, and SaPu's CD-ROM Plugin 1.3)

My emulator is ePSXe version 1.7.0.

These are the files for my "Misadventures of Tron Bonne" game/in the folder:
    (all of which have the same name: The Misadventures of Tron Bonne)

CCD File - 1KB
    VLC media file (.cue) - 1KB
    IMG File - 353,529 KB
    SUB File - 14,430 KB

I don't remember where I got the download. If there is anything else you need me to post, let me know and I'll do what I can

***caution, I am half blonde on my mother's side ***

I hope to have this dreadful problem fixed after about 4 months (on and off) of fidgeting with the darn thing.

Thanks
    EP Points

If the emulator simply crash when using Pete's OGL2 driver, that means your card doesn't have OGL2 support.

Try using Pete's D3D plugin, with the same gamefixes, and you might want to try SaPu's for your cdrom plugin as well.

Change your sound plugin to Eternal SPU 1.5/1.41, enable all 3 fixes at the bottom.

Thanks

Unfortunately, that didn't help. Supreme Warrior actually helped me and IT WORKED! Until I lost the boss fight, too excited to really care, started the game over and it started doing the SAME FCKING PROBLEM!! *Near rage quit*
    I didn't change anything but it still did the same mistake.
    His advice (which helped me the first time) was to switch to a soft driver (P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.18)

I didn't change anything aside from the driver and it worked. Now, after keeping everything as it was (with the soft driver), it doesn't work again. This game really enjoys trolling me.

Anyone else wanna give it a shot?

So, here's something helpful:
    Supreme Warrior tried to send me a link that didn't work for CDmage.
    I googled around.. And found one that works

Now then, with this said.. CDmage can be used to look at, check, play with, repair, extract, etc your CCD files and CD image files..
    I checked my CCD for corruption... 152 CORRUPTED SECTORS!! -.- I think I found the source of the problem..

Thanks again, Supreme Warrior. I'll update this thread with my newly-found problem (if there is one) after I get THIS ONE sorted out.. -.- *facepalm*

New update:
    I BEAT THE BOSS!
    I didn't have a single issue getting to the first ruins!
    No freezing on the main menu when I paused it, no lagging, no glitches! EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT!
    BUT!!!!!!!!!!

After I defeated the boss, my screen turned white and so far.. Nothing has happened...

-.-

BTW: Out of 152 corrupted sectors, only 150 could be fixed. Idk how to repair the other 2. It's being stubborn on the CDmage

Okay, I'm here the next day. I spent about 4 hours last night messing with the emulator and so far, I haven't really gotten anywhere BUT I believe I have gotten a lot farther than most people SO.. For anyone else who was having the same issues as me (except the white screen), here's what I did and what I'm using (on ePSXe and The Misadventures of Tron Bonne):

FIRST OF ALL, anyone having issues with ANY game should seriously download CDmage and unzip it to your desktop.
    Here's my personal instructions for this part (I'm not familiar with CDmage except for the bit I discovered last night):
    1. Open CDmage (uh... Duhh?)
    2. Go to the 'File' tab and select 'Open'
    3. Select the CD Image for your game and open it into CDmage. The file type should be CCD.
    4. Go to the 'Action' tab and select 'Scan for Corruptions'. Make sure the little circle thing next to "All Checkable Tracks" is selected and then click 'Scan'
    5. Wait. Be patient, it might take some time depending on the speed of your computer and the size of the CCD file.
    6. Go to 'Action' again and this time, select 'Repair Corrupted Sectors'.
    7. (possibly optional) I went to "File" and selected "save as" and used the same name as the original to create a .cue/.bin file. I don't know how vital this is but you may do this as well.

Now then, to get the part of the game that is already working, this is what I'm using:

+Bios: scph1001 - USA

+Video: Pete's D3D Driver 1.77
    These are my settings for the video:

Plugin: Pete's D3D Driver 1.1.77
    Author: Pete Bernert
    GFX card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Resolution/Color:
    - 800x600 Fullscreen - [32 Bit]

Textures:
    - R8G8A8A8
    - Filtering: 0
    - Hi-Res textures: 0
    - VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
    - FPS limit: on
    - Frame skipping: off
    - FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
    - Offscreen drawing: 3
    - Framebuffer texture: 2
    - Framebuffer access: 0
    - Alpha multipass: on
    - Mask bit: on
    - Advanced blending: hardware

Misc:
    - Scanlines: off [0]
    - Unfiltered FB: off
    - Dithering: off
    - Screen smoothing: off
    - Full vram: off
    - Game fixes: on [00004006]

+Sound: P.E.Op.S DSound Audio Driver 1.9

+Cdrom: ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0.

I will update again if I develop anymore progress with the game.
    I hope this helps anyone who was only experiencing the few problems that this could fix.
    Now off for the other dilemmas. If I get it completely working, I'll list everything plus the game files I am using (if I can get them 100% NOT corrupted). :3
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-July-2011 at 20:37.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Please do not Double post... yeah I know you posted more than that

We have a lil Edit post feature on the lower right of your posts, use that instead

P.S. I actually have a very good guide for using CD-Mage on here, but there isn't much to the prog so you have basicly done most of what it can

I do strongly recomend you grab a fresh copy of the game, although CD-Mage is great it does not always fix it enough it depends on how badly it was damaged to start with and the type of error left in the ISO/CD-Image

I'm guessing here but the full name of the game is The Misadventures of Tron Bonne that you can grab the US version from here

You may need to Unecm the files for that game before you can play it though ECM Tools is also linked in the above link
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-July-2011 at 20:46.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Sorry about that, I'm really new to the site but thanks! ^.^*