Thread: SNES9X's Crackling Sound Issue

Thanks

Default SNES9X's Crackling Sound Issue

So I recently started using SNES9X(v1.51)for both my PC and laptop but immediately encountered a major auditory flaw in the form of static crackling heard at certain points of different ROMs(such as during low, rumbling noises or deep-tone sound effects).

I've exhausted every possible effort in the Sound settings menu, from switching sound drivers, to removing the interpolation, and even adjusting the buffer length and playback rate! Is there any possible way that this hiccup can be resolved, either through the emulator's settings or my PC itself(such as downloading a different sound card)?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

ZSNES maybe instead??

ZSNES and Snes9x have always been in close competition and are both capable emulators that took a slightly different path to get the emulation done so they both have slightly differnt compat ect so the very odd game will either not run in one but work in the other or run smoother on one but not so well in the other

You can't realy download a sound card you can only update the sound card/chipset drivers & or direct x

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Supreme Warrior Guest

I have encountered noise distortion in snes9x as well, the new ver seems to of somewhat fixed this issue, but you may want to use zsnes instead like Zorlon mentioned, I for one cant wait for Zsnes 2.0 to be released, but thats still TBA.

Thanks

I would return to ZSNES, but too many of my favourite ROMs act screwy at different points when I run them through that emu.

And I don't really want to move on from the current version of SNES9X that I have going since it appears to wield the necessary setting options needed in order to receive the best picture quality imaginable. Anyway, for now, slight, quiet crackling at brief points(I'm super relieved that it's not consistent)isn't too big of a deal.

Now the real frustration that I'm dealing with currently lies with the version of NEStopia that I've currently downloaded(version 1.40), which not only comes with a default colour palette that's completely inaccurate to the original NES hardware, but also delivers sound quality that randomly skips on occasion(which, in my opinion, is much more annoying than soft crackles). Any idea on what must be tweaked in order to fix this or what different version of this emu you'd recommend I download?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon
    You can't realy download a sound card you can only update the sound card/chipset drivers & or direct x
    And this sound card/chipset update is done through a simple Windows Update? Or does it require something else?
    Last edited by 8DXD8; 20th-July-2011 at 06:30.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Windows Update or via official support pages up to you

You already have a thread for the NES thing... personly I use consoles to emulate not a PC, specificly on Xbox, PSP & DS

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I've tried to run Windows Update over a dozen times but the updates keep failing, even after following various troubleshooting steps! Any idea what I could do?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Go to the official support page for your laptop and use there driver downloads

e.g. Hp.com for HP and Compaq ect...

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]