Thread: image burning help urgent!

Thanks

Default image burning help urgent!

need some help with burning a CD-i game

firstly I have burnt CD-i games before which work. this particular game is Japanese, which are nearly non-existant on CD-i. I burn the exact same way I burnt other CD-i games but it doesn't work. this makes me think that japanese games might have some sort of copy protection. i'm sure for you technical smart cookies it would be a piece of cake.

link here

btw the way I normally burn is with alcohol 120 without changing any settings. please help because only 1 copy of this game actually exists so it's important that it can be copied so it isn't lost forever. also should mention it will not work on the current version of the CD-i emulator (as is the case with other titles) so the only way to get it working is to make a copy
    Last edited by extra_anchovy; 18th-July-2011 at 02:42.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Look, I can't help you, but...
    If you've got an iso, the game won't ever be lost. In fact, it has been uploaded, so, if I proceed to download it, the chances of it dissapearing are zero.

Have you imported the game? I doubt so. Why would you want to burn a copy if you did, having an ISO up already? Therefore there's more than one copy of the game, and you own only the image.

Be honest, nobody's going to bite you.

Oh, and... people won't help you any faster just because you try to pass your post as important.
    Just sayin'.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Firstly sorry for the very late reply, I seen this a while ago but from digging round found 0 info, but have a few of my own idea's

You can try scanning the CD image with CD-Mage that can scan and repair sectors and other CD related issues

You can try studying the CD-i images with a hex editor and see if they have headers with region info or study the main exe files (probobly not named *.exe) you may be able to change the region manually, though if you do that make sure you run this through CD-Mage after as this can sometimes cause CD structure errors but CD-Mage will repair those without issue

I can honestly say I don't have any intterst in CD-i software though so I'm not going to spend any time figuring out region info on CD-i CD images
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-July-2011 at 10:38.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR