Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't Get a Smooth Frame Rate on PC Version of ZSNES and Fusion!!

Thanks

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon
    Do yourself a full system restore of Windows 7 when you come to setting up anitvirus software trash Norton and install the free version of Avast!, this is a very good free anti virus software.
    Alright, so how do I perform this "system restore" for Windows 7 exactly? And where do I go to look for all of the different versions of Norton that came preinstalled on my laptop and delete them?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon
    Next update all the drivers you can via the HP website, then do all the Windows Updates
    Do you mind providing links to both of these update pages, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Constipated Rat
    go to control panel then system then hardware then device manager and see what display driver is installed.. if it isn't the true GPU one then it will say something like microsoft certified driver or some crap like that.
    Alright, I checked under "Display Adaptors" and saw that I currently have a "Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family" installed. Any idea on what this could be and if I need to replace it and/or what I'd need to replace it with in order to run all emulators at full speed?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can't replace your "Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family" hardware only the drivers can be replaced

Official page showing how to do a system restore

It's usually ESC on start up then F11

http://www.hp.com/ search for your model you need a little more than CQ56, the full model number is on the underside of your notebook e.g. model: CD56-100ZX and look for the drivers there

You uninstall Nortan like you would any other program via the Programs and Features in the Control Panel (If Programs and Features it's not shown, change the view in the control panel to Small Icons instead of Catagory)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Yeah the GPU seems ok, I think its a DX10 GPU which is fine for vista and Win 7.. I thought it may possibly been an older DX8 GPU which dont have drivers for them OS's. And if you say the Drivers are installed and it is functioning ok, then it must be something else affecting your emulator performance.
    Last edited by Constipated Rat; 6th-July-2011 at 22:26.

Thanks

Alright, so after performing the standard Windows Update straight from the desktop, every ROM I run appears to be running at a full, smooth framerate as opposed to the sick choppiness I previously encountered.

I'm a little cautiously optimistic about this right now seeing as my laptop has done this before, then suddenly went back to running improperly again, so I can't say that the issue is 100% resolved as of this moment!

I'll keep a close eye on it as I keep testing out more ROMs and Emulators, but I still have a good feeling that everything's as it should be.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

About time

If you do keep getting issues though a factory restore would be a very good idea as you may have an infection of some sort on your laptop, preventing things from running correctly

Atleast you know how to update the drivers, you may still want to use HP's updates before running windows updates though if you do ever do a factory restore

P.S. avoid the language updates though they will prevent you updating windows to service pack 1
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-July-2011 at 11:16.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR