Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You may need to make sure the region matches your system e.g. U games only with a NTSC-U console, (E) only if your console is PAL-E & (J) only if you own a NTSC-J console, this usually is only for either badly installed mod chips or the early ones for the PSone console

You can try Import Player if you wish just to test this out, just make sure you get the one for your region

Import Player can be found here

Burn that disc at the slowest speed you can... burn it via the cue file not the bin file.. make sure both *.bin & *.cue are in the same folder

Import Player was originally made for the PSone issue with early mod chips that only supported the region that the console was made for. I strongly recomend you try that before burning another copy of Castlevania

There are boot code tools (Patch-It) you can use for future burns if you can display the wrong region games in colour, if not then recomend you try and keep your games to the same region as your console to avoid any sync problems from forcing display to 50Hz/60Hz [From either patching the display or via Import Player] (doing so can also make some games freeze up)

Lastly but unlikely that you are using a bad CD media that isn't any good for PSX burning

Personly had even very cheap CD's working ok on console though they tend not to last as long as more quality media, think I have only ever had one bad batch of CD's that refused to work at all so it does happen
    Last edited by Zorlon; 26th-June-2011 at 15:46.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    You may need to make sure the region matches your system e.g. U games only with a NTSC console and (E) only if your console is PAL, this usually is only for either badly installed mod chips or the early ones for the PSone console

You can try Import Player if you wish just to test this out, just make sure you get the one for your region

Import Player can be found here

Burn that disc at the slowest speed you can... burn it via the cue file not the bin file.. make sure both *.bin & *.cue are in the same folder

Import Player was originally made for the PSone issue with early mod chips that only supported the region that the console was made for. I strongly recomend you try that before burning another copy of Castlevania

There are boot code tools (Patch-It) you can use for future burns if you can display the wrong region games in colour, if not then recomend you try and keep your games to the same region as your console to avoid any sync problems from forcing display to 50Hz/60Hz [From either patching the display or via Import Player] (doing so can also make some games freeze up)

Lastly but unlikely that you are using a bad CD media that isn't any good for PSX burning

Personly had even very cheap CD's working ok on console though they tend not to last as long as more quality media, think I have only ever had one bad batch of CD's that refused to work at all so it does happen
    Gr8 ty for the info i never considered any of these details, some of these must work now.

Thanks

Since no one mentioned this yet, have you tried the game on an emulator to see if it runs?

Get epsxe and try to load the game see what happens.. Even though its possibly bad media it could also be that the game file was corrupted when downloading, so you might as well run it through the emu and see if its OK, just to make sure.

Thanks
    EP Points

You ARE using CD-Rs, right?
    CD-RW, DVD-R, and DVD-RW won't work

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    You ARE using CD-Rs, right?
    CD-RW, DVD-R, and DVD-RW won't work
    nope im using no RW CDS ive been wasting them lol

Quote Originally Posted by Constipated Rat View Post
    Since no one mentioned this yet, have you tried the game on an emulator to see if it runs?

Get epsxe and try to load the game see what happens.. Even though its possibly bad media it could also be that the game file was corrupted when downloading, so you might as well run it through the emu and see if its OK, just to make sure.
    ok il do it thanks for the info
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 27th-June-2011 at 15:04. Reason: double posting isn't allowed, use the EDIT button.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by simioman12 View Post
    nope im using no RW CDS ive been wasting them lol

ok il do it thanks for the info
    thats your problem then dude lol PS1 and 2 cant read RW media
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    thats your problem then dude lol PS1 and 2 cant read RW media
    no, im not using rw cds just cds that can be burn once.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Any progress with this ????

Any of the PM's help you out??

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Any progress with this ????

Any of the PM's help you out??
    hey yo

yeah, all the info was rly helpful, i tried to burn the disc again with slowest speen but it didnt work so i think it must be a region compativility.
    I checked out the import player thing but i dont know how it works, i downloaded it and it has a .cue and a .bin file too, how do i make it work suppousing i have the version i need of the game?.

by the way, my psx version is NTC U/C.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just Make sure your downloads are NTSC-U or (U) depends on how they lable them, including Import Player, get the NTSC version and burn it via the cue sheet

Think of Import Player as a boot CD so you start that up first then change discs then start game in Import Player that should boot up the disc that is inserted

You should be able to boot up Castlevania that way

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Just Make sure your downloads are NTSC-U or (U) depends on how they lable them, including Import Player, get the NTSC version and burn it via the cue sheet

Think of Import Player as a boot CD so you start that up first then change discs then start game in Import Player that should boot up the disc that is inserted

You should be able to boot up Castlevania that way
    i already downloaded a ntsc u version, with the info u just gave me i should be able tu run the game with no probs, ill make u know as soon as i test this out.

ty

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by simioman12 View Post
    i already downloaded a ntsc u version, with the info u just gave me i should be able tu run the game with no probs, ill make u know as soon as i test this out.

ty
    So you were Dling the European Release? PAL or (E)

Thanks

yeah i didnt know about the region thing until now

Thanks

i burned the ntsc u version and played it on the psx, it doesnt run the game but i can listen to the tracks in the cd player. If i can usethe cdplayer, am i not suppoused to run the game??.
    i burned the import player too and played it but it doesnt run either, It was ntsc u version.

Thanks
    EP Points

Did you remember to burn the cue? If not, it might be swap trickable, not chipped.