Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What options are you talking about in Imgburn, whats so confusing or complicated?

I'm happy to help if you find it so hard to run

You hit burn CD Image then pick the CD Image and then hit the big burn icon

Sit back and wait for burn
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-June-2011 at 22:35.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I'm noit saying that mate. I do use imgburn like I said for 360 games..ironically because it has the layer break option.

I'm saying that in my experince poweriso is very good and has a very simple interface. With the imgburn interface you have a tendency to think you may need to selwct something from a drop down menu(like when burning a 360 game) or untick a box somewhere. That is all I'm pointing out. Poweriso's interface is a lot more consolidated, especially if just for burning playstation games- I think anyhow.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No and nope not even for dual layer games (No need to change anything), though only burned PS2 dual layer so not sure if anything is needed extra for 360 burning but even PS2 dual layer games you just select the iso and burn it.

Personly I wouldn't advise PowerISO, I tend to advise on free simple to use software and can asure the op that there are no settings apart from burning speed that are required for any type of PSX or PS2 burning.

Can't realy see how it's particually dificult to see how to use it or anything but that's to each and every user to deside, if there was any difficulty though there are plenty here to help out.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    No and nope not even for dual layer games (No need to change anything),
    I was referring to Dual layer(xbox 360 games) mate, layer break has to be set, or dvd file used for burn.. I screwed up more than once because of this, so to say the options dont need to be used is wrong,. At the end of the day, thats what they are there for.

Personly I wouldn't advise PowerISO, I tend to advise on free simple to use software and can asure the op that there are no settings apart from burning speed that are required for any type of PSX or PS2 burning.
    An easy way is to say, a noob with poweriso wont have any questions if burning. A noob with imgburn will undoubtedly ask if there are any settings need changed.
    That is what I mean, I'm not saying options are needed, but when unfamiliar with a prog like imgburn and with all them options and icons in your face, its more easier to recommend poweriso to save all the questions.

Nemesis says "actually it is better to use imgburn".. but why exaclty is it "better" when they both do the same thing. Because he will undoubtedly say it has more options. So why do you Zorlon think imgburn is better for burning PS1 or 2 games and not poweriso, you must have a good reason.

I'm not saying poweriso is better for burning than imgburn, because it isn't, because of its options for xbox 360 and other stuff. But I think poweriso or even ultraiso are a lot better and lightweight for burning Playstation games... for a "no questions asked" alternative.
    Last edited by Constipated Rat; 24th-June-2011 at 23:32.

Thanks

Thanks to everybody for your answers.
    Ive already burned the game with nero 6 but my psx dont recognize it and it cant read it, does it has to do something with nero???.

UPDATE

I downloaded imgburn and reburned the game but my psx still cant read it, i used aws(max) write speed, should i use a lower write speed??
    Last edited by simioman12; 25th-June-2011 at 16:01.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yes you can lower the burn speed but before doing that, can I confirm what method you are using to play backups on your PSX.. mod chip ect..

I'm starting to think it has to do with you having no way of playing backups rather than any burning issues
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-June-2011 at 22:46.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Yes you can lower the burn speed but before doing that, can I confirm what method you are using to play backups on your PSX.. mod chip ect..

I'm starting to think it has to do with you having no way of playing backups rather than any burning issues
    Sorry my ignorance but this is my first time burning games, what is "play back ups"?

Thanks

Backups are copies of games, like iso's or bin/cue's files etc.. that either you make yourself from an original game you have, or you download some one elses game backup from the net(like on torrent sites).. . hence "backup" or "copy" - as in to make a backup copy of a game and then burn it to disk. Original PS1 games play as they are stamped and barcode pressed when being mass produced, but backups are burnt and need to trick the system to let them boot and play.

So like Zorlon said, does your playstation have a way to boot and play backup games?... It has to be modded to do so, either with a modchip or with an action replay cart on back of the playstation(only some PS1's can take these)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Constipated Rat View Post
    Backups are copies of games, like iso's or bin/cue's files etc.. that either you make yourself from an original game you have, or you download some one elses game backup from the net(like on torrent sites).. . hence "backup" or "copy" - as in to make a backup copy of a game and then burn it to disk. Original PS1 games play as they are stamped and barcode pressed when being mass produced, but backups are burnt and need to trick the system to let them boot and play.

So like Zorlon said, does your playstation have a way to boot and play backup games?... It has to be modded to do so, either with a modchip or with an action replay cart on back of the playstation(only some PS1's can take these)
    Well my psx has a chip and it is suppoused to read backup games, copies, and i used to get those copies in stores but now that i try to burn a copy it doesnt work, i dont know why, how am i suppoused to trick the system if its already tricked?.

Thanks
    EP Points

You do have the discs verified on Imgburn whn they're done, right? Also, make sure you're using the .cue or .ccd

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    You do have the discs verified on Imgburn whn they're done, right? Also, make sure you're using the .cue or .ccd
    yes, i verifyem and i use the .cue. Ima try to make another copy with a lower write speed to see what happens.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Are the store coppies have a silver or black back/reading surface

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Are the store coppies have a silver or black back/reading surface
    nope, they are ilegal copies, normal discs.

Thanks

When you say that your PSX can't read the disc, what does it do? Does it come up with the screen that says it can't read it, or is it that it does nothing (e.g. memory card screen)?

Vikings like , do you?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robotsy View Post
    When you say that your PSX can't read the disc, what does it do? Does it come up with the screen that says it can't read it, or is it that it does nothing (e.g. memory card screen)?
    Yes the first white screen appears but after that it takes me to the memory card screen like there was no disc.