Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FMCB still not working

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    PS2 can't deal with any type of RW for games

Don't know any console that can
    ah right ok then any ideas on why they cant? im not gonna buy em ive brought my 100 disc spindle today so they should be here by wednesday of next week anyways
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's to do with the not so high quality drive of the PS2 though you can sometimes get away with DVD-Video on RW Media, not great even though the PS2 does cache the video, but do-able games is almost impossible because of the dificulty the PS2 drives have with RW media, that is of lower quality

Aparently you can fine tune the PS2 DVD laser pot and if you are lucky enough not to turn it too far before it breaks you can sometimes get it reading DVD RW media for games

Strongly recomend against trying that though especially on a PS2, not all PS2 lasers can read RW media by turning the DVD pot and like I said if it goes too far the DVD Laser is dead, i.e. bricked PS2

Older consoles the pot can be tuned without risk but the PS2 was limited and if pushed will break

Google it though and there are methods to avoid over tuning the pot with a hardware mod on the PS2 mobo if I remember correctly (though the PS2 itself they made it difficult for you to get into it, not so much cracking the case open but getting to the laser pots ect..)

I forgot about the Xbox that can get away with quality DVD-/+RW but this media is of lower quality and is harder to read than quality DVD-/+R, personly I ftp everything so kinda forgot
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-June-2011 at 19:27.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    It's to do with the not so high quality drive of the PS2 though you can sometimes get away with DVD-Video on RW Media

Aparently you can fine tune the PS2 DVD laser pot and if you are lucky enough not to turn it too far before it breaks you can sometimes get it reading DVD RW media for games

Strongly recomend against trying that though, not all PS2 lasers can read RW media by turning the DVD pot and like I said if it goes too far the DVD Laser is dead, i.e. bricked PS2

I forgot about the Xbox that can get away with quality DVD-/+RW but this media is of lower quality and is harder to read than quality DVD-/+R
    ah ok cheers Zorlon, i have around 4 PS2's in my house (2 fat 2 slim) but i dont feel like bricking one of them anyway as i will be installing FMCB onto the other consoles when i get a chance so my not so lovley siblings can play games

EDIT:
    also Zorlon just wondering what are the requirements for becoming Retro/Mod/Admin? ive always been curious as to how to be one though im possibly not active enough to become one
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

For me I just done what I always have done.... be helpfull

I wasn't even here that long to be honest and was offered to me to become a mod. later admin and was told I earned it at the time

Retro, is a mixture of time active/approval and isn't much more than status, though there is a little more of the forum to explore but nothing too exciting, more like an extra free4all section

Mod/S.Mod/Admin is a little more than status though, this also enables tools to look after the forums and it's members aswell as to keep unwelcome members out... e.g. spam bots advertisers and general bad members if needs be, the not so pleasent side to being part of the staff

New staff members are few and far between though as we have a good solid active bunch, it's not very often this is revised unless there is a dropout in a needed section or admin

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR