Thread: A Small Favor (Help Running KH:BBS on JPCSP)

Thanks

Default A Small Favor (Help Running KH:BBS on JPCSP)

I'n a natural at amulating, I've even hooked up many of my emulators to work with a PS3 Controller (INCLUDING Vibration & Motion Sensor!), but I'm actually stuck at the moment. I have an iso of Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (US Version), and, after much work, was able to remove the dreaded Prometheus. Now before I continue, let me explain, I have no PSP, nor do I really have the money to at this moment. Anywho, when I ran the "unpatched" file, I get a prompt from JPCSP, it says I seed to run the file through a PSP, and "decrypt" it.
    WHY!?!?!?
    I am getting frusturated, and need help. Can someone either A: Decrypt it for me, or B: send me the version of the file that will work for once... PLEASE?

Thanks
    EP Points

Moved to Sony systems, since your main request seems to be for assistance with the file you already have downloaded and put some work into. If anyone else wants to share another link on EP that might help, they're still welcome to do so.

Thanks
    EP Points

sorry but atm its impossible to run KH:BBS on JCPSP it uses a more complex encryption than most other psp games so either get a psp or you will have to wait someone to figure it out
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

Well, if that's the case, then why is it that I've seen a full playthrough video series of it on JPCSP? Look, I'm just trying to play another Kingdom Hearts game without buying another new console. I'm already sold towards buying a 3DS for Dream Drop Distance. If I need a new emulator, fine. If I need to get another copy of the rom, I'll do it as long as it doesn't take 5 hours like it did last time. Look, I honestly want to play, but I have no way to play. and no, I will not jailbreak my PS3

Thanks
    EP Points

i havent seen that video and im not claiming to be a JCPSP expert and no one else has corrected me here so i presume im right dont ask me im not an admin so if someone corrects me then ok
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    i havent seen that video and im not claiming to be a JCPSP expert and no one else has corrected me here so i presume im right dont ask me im not an admin so if someone corrects me then ok
    Or not alot emulate PSP prefuring the real deal or don't have the hardware to emulate the PSP

I might do some digging on Monday maybe if I can't find anything with a quick search round. I will be away this weekend though

PM Sent yeah there are decrypted versions around

If for some reason my link does not work and googling "Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (U) decrypted" does not find anything working I will look again on Monday for you
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-May-2011 at 21:56.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks for that option, but I am one of those annoying computer runners who vows to never torrent. I know that it makes it harder, but; A: Even on my Windows 7, it still takes 2 days, and it's a family computer, B: There are almost ALWAYS viruses implanted in them, C: the file may often break in downloading. I will do a multi-link download, provided that I can do it all in one day, and for free, without waiting another 5 hours. I know, I'm a freeloader, but it beats going broke off of one download.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you know how to extract the EBOOT file from ISO, upload it, and either post the link here or PM me.

See if I can decrypt it for you.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by someguy12345 View Post
    Thanks for that option, but I am one of those annoying computer runners who vows to never torrent. I know that it makes it harder, but; A: Even on my Windows 7, it still takes 2 days, and it's a family computer, B: There are almost ALWAYS viruses implanted in them, C: the file may often break in downloading. I will do a multi-link download, provided that I can do it all in one day, and for free, without waiting another 5 hours. I know, I'm a freeloader, but it beats going broke off of one download.
    If you join some torrent share sites preferably dedicated to certain types and always read the comments left you are going to be safer, I have been lucky enough, ever saince torrents have started to of never had a virus, yeah some can take some time to download, also if your are not the owner of said computer then no do not use torrents at all if the owner wish to never let you.

Well you know that there are decrypted versions out there and if you wanted you can search for megauploaded ones or other upload services via google

Or do what meganova is asking just use something like UMDGen to extract the file needed from your copy of the game

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    If you join some torrent share sites preferably dedicated to certain types and always read the comments left you are going to be safer, I have been lucky enough, ever saince torrents have started to of never had a virus, yeah some can take some time to download, also if your are not the owner of said computer then no do not use torrents at all if the owner wish to never let you.

Well you know that there are decrypted versions out there and if you wanted you can search for megauploaded ones or other upload services via google

Or do what meganova is asking just use something like UMDGen to extract the file needed from your copy of the game
    also as far as torrents go most sites post the number of seeders for a given torrent I downloaded oblivion in 1 hr30 mins 4.18 gb with 124 seeders 3 leaches including me so if you ever try torrenting look at the ratio of seeders to leachers

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.