Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Worst Fit of Video Game Induced Rage You've Ever Witnessed/Experienced

Thanks

Default Worst Fit of Video Game Induced Rage You've Ever Witnessed/Experienced

To be clear I'm not talking about what particular video game, or part of a video game made you or someone else angry. I don't mean what video game pisses you off or what game you hate. I'm talking about down right tantrums brought on by gaming. Like beat a friend in a game and he cried and pissed his pants. That kind of thing. Although not necessarily that extreme.

So I'll get it started with this one. I watched a friend of mine get all the way to the end of Sonic 2 when it first came out for genesis. I was never a Genesis owner or even much of a fan so I can't remember what boss it was exactly that initiated this outburst, but I do know it was very very close to the end if not the end boss itself. Anyway, he's focusing super hard, sweaty palms, white knuckling the controller, has already asked me to shut up a couple of times so he can concentrate, and his mom starts yelling at him about something from the other room. The boss kills him. Without pause, he rips the game out of the system, no reset, no power off, no hesitation, yanks the game out and throws it out of his opened, 2nd story, bedroom window. Stomps down the hall, gives his mom the finger as he passes the room shes in, goes outside, and runs the game over back and forth with his bike for easily half an hour, yelling and swearing at it the entire time. Ended up completely crushing it. Like in the end it was just a little pile of black plastic on the asphalt. 15 some odd years later I still break his balls about it sometimes.

Thanks

In Phantasy Star Online (at least for gamecube) you have to log out in order to save your data, so i usually only saved when i was done playing. My buddy and i were obsessed with that game, and we stayed up 2 days straight being fueled by mt. dew, and as we were heading to the teleporter to go back to town to sell stuff, and be done playing his dog unplugs the AC adapter that the gamecube was plugged into, all like 80 sum levels went down the drain, plus beating the ruins for the first time. So of course I chucked my controller and managed to break a window with it and damage the controller beyond use.

Someday I shalt be human again

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

My childhood friend cried once because he sucked at F-Zero. All I can think of at the moment...

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

When I was a little kid my friend and I spent an afternoon playing Robocop for NES. Don't ask me why. In my opinion its a sub-par game. Anyway the game instilled such frustration in my friend that he began a long tradition of turning off his NES system by chucking the controller at it. That thing is still destroyed in his basement. Covered in big dents and scratches, the little piece you flip over the game opening is long broken off. Believe it or not the machine still works though. Try that with a sony product.

Thanks
    EP Points

Not quite a year ago I destroyed a controller playing god of war 2, thankfully it was just a cheap 3rd party controller.

Thanks
    EP Points

Maybe my brother stopped playing lost odyssey?
    that's really all I can think of. I never had destroyed a controller or console before.
    But my brother did get pissed for all the ps1 games i scratched the hell out of

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

This isn't about games, Worm.
    This is about the specific moments described in detail.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well I remember when I was a kid. I got really mad at Super Mario Kart. I can't remember exactly why, but I do remember trying to rip the cover peel off the cartridge. To this day the cover is still scartched and has sticker residue on it, but most of the cover is still there. The game still works fine. Of course today I'd never do this today, with oldschool games being rare and hard to find these days, plus what I did prboably made that game drop in value to being pretty much worth nothing, even though the game works.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    This isn't about games, Worm.
    This is about the specific moments described in detail.
    Maybe you should read the title again.

"Worst fit of VIDEO GAME induced rage..."
    Its the same thing

Thanks
    EP Points

rented final fantasy 2 as a kid had it about a week late charges galore any way wasn't going to keep it an extra day was already fighting zeromous was doing well till I ran out of magic and healing items then big bang killed me ripped the game and controller out of the system and threw both at the wall long story short managed to pop the game back together but had to buy a new controller.

rented same game again later and the chip had been replaced with the one from mario is missing again threw it against wall this time couldn't repair it and the video store did not believe me about the chips being swapped had to pay like $45 for a shitty game that was not what I rented and was broken by me I still get pissed about that one though.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Worm View Post
    Maybe you should read the title again.

"Worst fit of VIDEO GAME induced rage..."
    Its the same thing
    We can agree to disagree, until i beat you at SamSho again.
    I'll play you when i get home

Supreme Warrior Guest

I forgot what game it was exactly, but it was on SNES, i was a young teenager and I got so freakin pissed off, i used my controller like a battleaxe (holding it by the cord)

and slammed that bitch Right into the wall, yes I dun did broke it

Thanks
    EP Points

I once got so frustrated at a game I bit onto the end of my PS1 controller. The teeth marks were impressive, to say the least. So was the embarassment.

The worst I ever observed that wasn't me was a friend of mine who was visiting and playing on my PS3. She got really frustrated, and at some point I said "calm down, it's just a game" (very much aware of the hypocrisy), she nodded and continued. Died again, and damn well chucked my controller out the window. I live on the fifth floor.

Supreme Warrior Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lasharus View Post
    I once got so frustrated at a game I bit onto the end of my PS1 controller. The teeth marks were impressive, to say the least. So was the embarassment.

The worst I ever observed that wasn't me was a friend of mine who was visiting and playing on my PS3. She got really frustrated, and at some point I said "calm down, it's just a game" (very much aware of the hypocrisy), she nodded and continued. Died again, and damn well chucked my controller out the window. I live on the fifth floor.
    Did you put your hand in front of her after she did the deed? (hinting to cough up the dough for the chucked controller )