Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Next Gen Console Ideas

Thanks

Default Next Next Gen Console Ideas

I have often been wondering what the next generation of consoles will bring us, so i thought you could tell me your thoughts on what the next generation of consoles should have. This could range from some sort of virtual reality, to what the controllers should be like, anything goes.

Someday I shalt be human again

Thanks
    EP Points

Who knows? Until we hit VR, we're running into the limits of what we can do with conventional machinery.

Frankly, if anything, I hope the next console brings us games that are used to top-end technology and as such focus more on gameplay and story rather than making the brownish-grey dump look fantastically detailed.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Ivo Robotnik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lash
    Frankly, if anything, I hope the next console brings us games that are used to top-end technology and as such focus more on gameplay and story rather than making the brownish-grey dump look fantastically detailed.
    Agree with this so much. I do think VR will happen within my lifetime.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Agree with this so much. I do think VR will happen within my lifetime.
    with the constant advancements in technology it is extremely plausible that vr will happen within most of our lifetimes, and i sure as hell hope so

Someday I shalt be human again

Thanks

yeah vr would be epic. heck you could live in entirely different world.. but im not sure how far away they are from making it work.
    Persona is so beast...

Thanks
    EP Points

VR would be pretty cool. We may see it in our lifetime. Though I'm pretty sure it won't be next generation. Though speaking of VR does anyone remember the PS2 advertisments? When they showed a commerial, though it showd the PS9 as a globe, and whatever the guy imagined would become VR? Its almost as if they have it planned, just waiting for the technology to become available or developed. As for the next generation of consoles, TBH, I'm content with them. There is still a lot of untapped power in them. Though I do have to say we are coming failry close to tapping all the power out of current gen consoles.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

All that's going to happen is a boost in graphics, integrated camera, some sort of 3D option, and probably an improved motion control system (if people are still trying to make that gimmick work by 2013).

VR is a stupid idea. You can do it now with a helmet screen and a glove/motion controller. It doesn't really do anything aside from give you serious neck pain after the 2 hour mark.

Thanks

I believe one day we be able to play games like "The World", the fictional MMORPG from .hack// series, using equipaments like FMD/M2D (http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Face-mounted_display), that would be cool.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,802 Times in 288 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    All that's going to happen is a boost in graphics, integrated camera, some sort of 3D option, and probably an improved motion control system (if people are still trying to make that gimmick work by 2013).
    Sadly that's how it will probably be...

Damn, I would rather play a new game with bad graphics but great gameplay/story than the opposite

As for Virtual Reality... Japan, make it happen. I really want to "play" with my Lolis in VR

Don' worry, it won't hurt... that much!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I believe that the next next gen console will be a personal computer Ever since Xbox came out, consoles are starting to look more and more like the PC. (As far as hardware and features like hard drives and internet access, programs and chat and things like that).

Okay so maybe the next lineup of consoles won't be a PC inside of a smaller housing, but one day there won't be much difference between the two
    "The answer to 1984 is 1776"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frog Knight View Post
    with the constant advancements in technology it is extremely plausible that vr will happen within most of our lifetimes, and i sure as hell hope so
    Well, there is the 3ds (I'd say that counts as the next generation even though it's already out, alongside the NGP and project cafe).

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't see as much of a graphical leap as we have been seeing because at some point, the games get too expensive to develop. Perhaps newer game engines will help with that, but when you see games like Uncharted 3, Killzone 3, or Gran Turismo 5, it is hard to imagine what is next.

As for other features, I expect some sort of Move/Kinect deal coming out of the box with more support. I don't know how I feel about that because I still love my controller. This is wishful thinking on my part, but I would like to see the games be released in a more "finished" state. I am kind of tired of buying a game on day 1 and having to install updates that day or soon after.

Hopefully we will get this soon.

Thanks

Wonder if they will do a stepup,and make them into laptops.Xbox-Windows Playstation-Mac.I don't think these in the vids have a OS on them,but would be cool if they did!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah3aA...eature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HlNEFq8y4w
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFIjM...eature=related

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

Controllers need more buttons. Like Xbox 360 pad with black and white buttons from first X plus maybe two more in start/select area. Adding two more smaller (or same size) vibration motors would be nice.
    Last edited by ponury_indor; 25th-May-2011 at 21:11.