Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone help me make an iso to a signable size?

Thanks

Default Can someone help me make an iso to a signable size?

i just want to know what i have to delete and convert in an iso with UMD Gen so it can be signable...any help would be aprreciated!

Thanks

I've only done basic ripping of isos to shrink them, but things like the update folder and boot.bin can usually be ripped. Also video files and sound files can be down-sampled. I have never tried downsampling but I know some of the users here know how. Make sure you are working with a clean iso, nothing converted to use with CFW.

There is also a site where you can download PSP ripkits that can rip out files from isos to shrink them. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link. Googling should help.

There should also be some info in the Signing Games and Homebrew thread. Good luck!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Other language files, if it has any usually has stuff like _E or _J in the file names for english/japanese ect

I wouldn't recomend doing that though unless it's obvious

doing rips in general unless you have some idea what you are doing is not realy recomended, but if you make sure you have an original unaltered copy at all times, you can make as many changes as you wish, just keep track of what you change/remove as you go through it incase you end up removing anything that is required

also if you know what gets read and when you may be able to split a game into 2 playable parts without down sampling or ripping anything out

If you realy do not know what you are doing and if there is a rip kit then use the rip kit
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-May-2011 at 20:33.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

What does the ripkit take out of the iso?

that and i was wondering if someone here could downsample the music/videos and take out stuff and sign Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 2 and 3 for me? and post a link for it I would highly apreciate it

EDIT: If its too much trouble just do RM 3 please

and what i'd need? i want to sign a game but i have to downsample alot of voices and stuff
    Last edited by Milady; 14th-May-2011 at 19:08.

Thanks
    EP Points

just convert it to a cso, it will usually be MUCH smaller and no need to rip stuff

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks

but then i cant sign it...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Unless the audio or video is in a format you can transcode to lower bitrates, you won't be able to do anything.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

what do you mean?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Corona View Post
    what do you mean?
    To make audio or video files smaller, in the most basic way, you need to change the bitrate. To do that, whatever program you're using to convert the audio or video needs to be able to decode, and re-encode to that format. PSP games don't use MP3s and AVIs, they use specialized formats.

Basically, you can't do it without quite a bit of work, and the tools you need to do it probably won't work with every game.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

is there anyway you can help me with this game im trying to downsample and sign?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Eric Corona, I've merged your threads, there's no need to create one thread after another when they all are on the same topic. Please, stick to this one and don't create more unnecessary threads.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Corona View Post
    What does the ripkit take out of the iso?

that and i was wondering if someone here could downsample the music/videos and take out stuff and sign Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 2 and 3 for me? and post a link for it I would highly apreciate it

EDIT: If its too much trouble just do RM 3 please
    Depends on the rip kit, kits I have made in the past do not rip out anything asides from other language files and or just split the game into 2 games. e.g. 1 part having levels 1 to 8 and the second one having levels 8 to 14

Not looked at ripping psp games like this though, I can play full iso's myself the last rip kit I done was a NDS game back in the day that they got played via a gba flash kit with a DS Passme device and then most gba flash kits only had room for 256MB roms so the 512MB Nds games needed to be smaller even with some of those there was no way to do that, also done a few Dreamcast games, most of it is figuring out what is needed and when, but you have to do that yourself

Anyway a couple of idea's for those games that either can be ripped as one iso thats small enough to sign, or you don't know what you are doing fully...

If you can figure out what movies are used first and last you can just rip early or late ones out totaly and have 2 versions one with the early movies and one with the late movies, just dummy the ripped out movies with a blank text file re-named to the same as the ripped each of the ripped out movies

If you are not fussed about seeing every movie you can find the smallest movie and use that one movie to replace all other movies, you might be able to do that with music aswell

Basicly you may be trying to do something that can't be done and as stated games can't be downsampled without proper tools, if any exist at all ( I have done a quick search and found
    PSS Downsampling Tool for PSP downsampling )

If you can you are best off modding the PSP

Personly I'm not going to do this for you though you are going to have to figure it out for yourself

For asking about soft modding a PSP post details of your model of PSP and the firmware version (If it's possible with your PSP it's by far the easiest to do and play iso's)

We will let you make a new thread for PSP softmodding as that is a different subject
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-May-2011 at 12:04.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I'd mod my psp but its on ofw 6.37 I honestly dont think theres a way to mod it on this firmware. i looked around youtube and found nothing

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

if it's a model 100X or 200X the firmware version does not mater in the slightest you can just use the pandora batery method

for now don't update because you never know what version of ofw is hacked next if you have a 300X or higher model

EDIT: Click me
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-May-2011 at 19:28.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Yeah i tried that and didnt work...Eh i guess ill just deal with the games that are signed already/signable